Sign in to follow this  
LucByard

[Challenge 5][Cat C] Zero Tolerance

With three of the four significant asteroid fields in Andromeda all near each other around the Octan / Kawashita border, it is to be expected that when M.A.N.T.I.S. based itself on Torresta, it found itself in the part of the Galaxy furthest away from most of Galaxy's G.A.R.C. racing culture... The teams, the drivers, the fans; with the Hamilton Belt, Fascini Cluster and Sinden's Run all near each other, racing was rife and popular... it was just popular somewhere else for M.A.N.T.I.S.

There had been G.A.R.C. races over on 'this side' of the Galaxy but the dense and unpredictable nature of Barker's Folly had defeated them... Too many lost machines... Too many lost pilots.

But, of course... That didn't put everyone off and while the rest of the galaxy played it safe on what had become the 'regular circuit', spending half of their time dealing with the logistical difficulties of trying to practice and race in sectors that live constantly on the verge of changing corporate hands, deep within M.A.N.T.I.S territory in the heart of Barker's Folly, when the patrols are lightest... They gather.

News of a G.A.R.C. event in the Olympics had spread quickly and suddenly, M.A.N.T.I.S. engineers found themselves trying to engineer racing machines instead of spy-ships... The racers of Barker's Folly were not going to miss this opportunity; no testing ground was more difficult to hone your skills in and prove your worth... Now was their chance to show the Galaxy. They arrived at Torresta en-mass; a show of force. M.A.N.T.I.S. would respect that.

With the resources of M.A.N.T.I.S. combined with the skills and knowledge of the racers of Barker's Folly... We would be ready.

Race number: 0

Machine: Zero Tolerance

Team: M.A.N.T.I.S.

Origin: Barker's Folly

Pilots: Imogen Goodheart / Heidi Von Schnelle

29204722586_d1206d1754_c.jpg

29204723306_2271a3229c_c.jpg

Additional images:

Front quarter.

28726362793_448d259255_z.jpg

Plan:

28726363423_ac682f80b4_z.jpg

Underside:

29347373375_804beaa492_z.jpg

Rear:

29268816821_9ae39824be_z.jpg

Scrutineering:

29268817701_1310edf251_z.jpg

Vertical core:

28724514644_d16db53dfc_z.jpg

Horizontal core:

28726364763_6cf309e03c_z.jpg

Parts (ish)

28726363993_78d0298038_z.jpg

Note: Since taking this photo I've made the front grille all one section by using 1x1, 1x3, 1x1 black plate to back it. It has to be removed separately but is much stronger.

Thanks.

Edited by LucByard

Wow, that looks amazing. The stickering is incredible. The front end really reminds me of a 1969 Pontiac GTO, and the whole thing has a 70s muscle car vibe to it.

I love the classic muscle car vibe I get from this. Excellent stickering, and great photos: fantastic work!

Oh, and it looks like it didn't go unnoticed in the blogosphere: TBB

Brutal looking. Expertly shaped, and damn, you even nailed the stickers. No wonder you got blogged. It's perfect. :grin: Great job!

~Insectoid Aristocrat