alex54

MOC LEGO Rockband bus

So, it’s time for me to show you my own version of the « official » LEGO Rockband bus.

I just need to find the link to the official instruction that we could download in pdf.

I found this bus really funny and cute, but I didn’t like its “Mario Kart look”, especially from the back.

So I tried to make the rear more real.

Before showing the brick-build version, here some pics of a real minibus that, for sure, has served to inspire the LEGO designer:

rbb16.jpgrbb17.jpg

As you know, we are in summer, with its long holidays, its foreigners everywhere on French roads (dear B and NL friends!), and its teenager friends who decided to travel together.

But as you know, when you’re a teenager, you don’t have a lot of money!

So you can’t have a great car…

You want some space, some fun and not so many € in it.

Hey, I’ve got what you need! You don’t trust me? Really?

So now, without any words, some pics of your LEGO travel-machine :

rbb04.jpg

rbb05.jpg

rbb08.jpg

rbb09.jpg

rbb10.jpg

rbb11.jpg

Now some details from the inside :

rbb12.jpg

rbb13.jpg

I have put a kind of “track” to store the luggage, and the map for the driver (don’t forget that our 3 friends don’t have the money for a navigation system. Ho, good old time, with paper map!

To have a size comparison of the minibus, they have met a smart in a rest area:

rbb14.jpg

Enough rest, they have no time to lose!

So everybody is ready? Come on board!

It seems that everybody is not pleased on board… But why?

rbb15.jpg

Somebody tells me to look at the driver… It’s a girl! Don’t be afraid boys, everything will be ok, I hope for you…

Be carful on roads, live is precious!

Looks great, especially the front! :thumbup:

I do think that the wheels are a bit too large, or that the bus is a bit short. Changing 1 of those might improve the model.

Very nice Kombi van 'alex54' - the wheels could stay the same as to compare to the rest of the van then it's fine. :sweet:

I prefer yours to the Lego designed one.....it was the odd wheels at either end of their version of the kombi.

Great work 'alex54' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Oh that's very nice! Luggage area is inventive, and there even seems to be room in the back for even more stuff.

If I had to nitpick - no doors?

It's great to see you back to share your MOCs with us. The minibus which you used to reference, ends up pretty accurate and nice. I am surprised with your cosy interior, especially being able to place a couple of suitcases and map in there. Nicely done. :wub:

It is now blogged in,

See it on Classic-Town.net

Nicely done Rockband Combi-van Alex54! default_thumbup.gif your MOC really resemble the real thing, the orange color scheme really looks cool. A couple of minor suggestions though:

- I agree Capt. Blue Hair, I think the van should be longer, maybe by about two studs. Based on the ref. pic, the second set of windows is the same length as the middle windows, so an additional 2-stud column (and 2x1x2 trans-clear panel for the windows) would do the trick.

- If you're into accuracy, make the roof all white, as in the ref. pic.

- What's with the two 1 x 6 light bley piece on the roof?

But still, overall it's a great MOC.

Well ! I think that there is a big misunderstanding about this minibus. I don’t deserve all the compliments about how it is well made or not.

Like I said, I just mod the back of the minibus and add some interiors.

But the base of “my work” is the official Rockband bus frome the LEGO videogame.

You can have a preview here :

rockbandbus-2.jpg

and download the official instruction here

Like I said, I dislike the “Mario kart” look, with the big engine and the bigger wheels at the back.

I just try to make it more real and not necessarily realistic.

It is not a reproduction of what can be seen as the real minivan, as shown in my first picture in the first page. Those pictures were just to show the base of work for the LEGO designer of this minivan (not me!).

After that, maybe 2 studs longer will make the proportion of this minivan better. It’s a good idea to improve it.

For the wheels, maybe they are too large. I have though about it today, Captain Blue Hair. It’s really easy to use some smaller wheels for the car itself, but for the front, this kind of wheel is the only one that can be attached by a technic pin. And the not so large wheels seem too thick, as far as I can remember. But it’s another way to improve this building.

KielDaMan, the minivan I have already seen in the street had indifferently white or bodywork colour, for standard roof.

And in the picture, the roof is white because it’s a raised one I think.

The grey parts on roof are here to carry some luggage (I don’t know how to call that…). It can be fun to integrate a roof bag on it, of course!

So, even if I don’t deserve all the compliments, thanks for all those constructive comments.

I will try to mod it as said, and will post some pictures later.

And WhiteFang, I know that I don’t take the time to post a lot here… I will try to make some effort, not only for you, but because it missed myself!

Thanks to blog it!

This is the best rockband bus I have ever seen in my whole life and I think I fall in lovedefault_wubnew.gif

And do not forget: Keep on brickin'.default_blink.gif

Well ! I think that there is a big misunderstanding about this minibus. I don’t deserve all the compliments about how it is well made or not.

Like I said, I just mod the back of the minibus and add some interiors.

But the base of “my work” is the official Rockband bus frome the LEGO videogame.

You can have a preview here :

rockbandbus-2.jpg

and download the official instruction here

Like I said, I dislike the “Mario kart” look, with the big engine and the bigger wheels at the back.

I just try to make it more real and not necessarily realistic.

It is not a reproduction of what can be seen as the real minivan, as shown in my first picture in the first page. Those pictures were just to show the base of work for the LEGO designer of this minivan (not me!).

After that, maybe 2 studs longer will make the proportion of this minivan better. It’s a good idea to improve it.

For the wheels, maybe they are too large. I have though about it today, Captain Blue Hair. It’s really easy to use some smaller wheels for the car itself, but for the front, this kind of wheel is the only one that can be attached by a technic pin. And the not so large wheels seem too thick, as far as I can remember. But it’s another way to improve this building.

KielDaMan, the minivan I have already seen in the street had indifferently white or bodywork colour, for standard roof.

And in the picture, the roof is white because it’s a raised one I think.

The grey parts on roof are here to carry some luggage (I don’t know how to call that…). It can be fun to integrate a roof bag on it, of course!

So, even if I don’t deserve all the compliments, thanks for all those constructive comments.

I will try to mod it as said, and will post some pictures later.

And WhiteFang, I know that I don’t take the time to post a lot here… I will try to make some effort, not only for you, but because it missed myself!

Thanks to blog it!

Please help I can't make the original one's front in LDD because the bumper doesn't fitdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gifdefault_cry4.gif

very nice and looks a lot better than legos version

Edited by danim

hi,

Great MOC. Any chance of releasing the LDD file if there is one?

Thanks

What an old topic of mine! :sweet:

Sorry, I don't have LDD version. Just dwnload the original pdf. The modifications from the rear are easy to do with the pictures.