Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Metal Gear R-Ex Friend

7992598784_69daec6431_z.jpg

Conventional wisdom suggests that friendship in Heartlake City is an automatic thing, and while it often is, sometimes there are just some who mess things up for everyone. For this reason always on standby is Metal Gear R-Ex Friend, the ultimate deterrence and general friendship rebuilder.

7992600674_e0d4055721_z.jpg

It's capable of detecting trouble from long range and it can deploy emergency friendship kits via its railgun.

7992588665_23ec80e944_z.jpg

When the first steps fail Metal Gear R-Ex Friend is equally capable of setting things right, regardless of the cost. Rubber bullet armed cannons, tasers and boyband albums generally do the trick, but sometimes a tactical nuke has been needed for extreme cases.

7992593987_d056b1005e_z.jpg

It also roars and is good for chasing jeeps.

7992596147_4d5cfa36a4_z.jpg

But it's not all doom and gloom; it's a popular attraction at school fairs. Wheee!

7992606482_fc62445882_z.jpg

Let's be friends!

Creation notes;

Yes, this is a lame excuse to make Metal Gear Rex. I promised Hinckley I'd make something for SoF and thus I made this over the last week, with most of it done today. This is a major accomplishment for me; I generally take months to finish MOCs and I have many half finished ones. Due to the time frame the photos sux; I'll try to tweak this a bit and take better ones later. :blush:

Thanks for looking! :sweet:

Cool! The shape of the mech felt familiar... Then I noticed the space crusade board and it hit me, a dreadnought!

HAHAHA!!! I love it!, have you ever thought of building a grey one?

Yes, but this one is too simple if I went for a serious version. Consider this a prototype! :laugh:

Cool! The shape of the mech felt familiar... Then I noticed the space crusade board and it hit me, a dreadnought!

Err, no. It's Metal Gear REX. But good spotting of the game board! *oh2*

AWESOME war machine except where are the pastel colours eh ? :laugh:

For something this big I can't do pastel. I might "enhance" it if I get the time.