Hinckley

Expand the Winter Village Contest III

winter_village_contest.jpg

Classic-Town.net and Eurobricks invite you to create your own addition to the popular winter village subtheme that TLG has presented during the holiday season for the past four years.

The Idea

As we enter the holiday season yet again, thoughts turn to fun and winter activities and where better to enjoy those than in your own Winter Village? So far, TLG has provided us with four places to visit, a lovely Winter Toy Shop, an equally inviting Winter Bakery, and elaborate and playful Post Office set and this year's new Cottage, but wouldn't it be nice to have an even larger Winter Village full of festive fun?

Well, now you can, by expanding the theme with your own Winter inspired creation!

The Rules

• Entries must be posted by midnight UTC, January 30th, 2013.
  • One entry per member.
  • Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously) and similar in style and size to the previous official TLG releases, Winter Toy Shop (815 pieces / 7 minifigs) Winter Bakery (687 pieces / 7 minifigs) Winter Village Post Office (822 pieces / 7 minifigs) and Winter Village Cottage (1490 pieces / 8 minifigs).
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the Town forum. The title of the topic should begin with "Winter Village: " and then give the name of the entry.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 5 posted pictures of 800x600 or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.
  • No photoshopping backgrounds or packaging.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

Prize Pool

1st through 4th place will choose from the following prizes:

10229 Winter Village Cottage

10229-1.jpg?1

10222 Winter Village Post Office

10222-1.jpg?1

10216 Winter Village Bakery

10216-1.jpg?2

3300014 Holiday Set 2012

3300014-1.jpg?2

5th through 7th place will choose two each of the following polybags:

40023 Stocking

40023-1.jpg?1

30028 Wreath

30028-1.jpg?1

40035 Rocking Horse

40035-1.jpg?2

10068 Santa

10068-1.jpg?0

10069 Tree

10069-1.jpg?0

10079 Snowman

10079-1.jpg?0

10080 Angel

10080-1.jpg?0

10165 Elf Boy

10165-1.jpg?0

10166 Elf Girl

10166-1.jpg?0

30009 Christmas Tree

30009-1.jpg?2

30027 Reindeer

30027-1.jpg?1

40008 Snowman Building Set

40008-1.jpg?2

40009 Holiday Building Set

40009-1.jpg?2

40022 Mini Santa Set

40022-1.jpg?1

lldeer LEGOLand Deer

LLCA23-1.jpg?0

llsanta LEGOLand Santa

LLCA21-1.jpg?0

And the remainder will be raffled out amongst the voters. :grin:

Nice, I am very excited to see this year's contributions. Unfortunately I don't have enough parts to build something for this contest. Maybe next year... :wink:

I look forward to see the entries of this contest, though I think I don't participate due to lack of pieces but maybe :wink: ...

Excellent. I have a WV project I've been noodling around with - this will give me the incentive to really work on it and finish (and post a MOC online for the first time ever!)

Ah, I was waiting for this.....LDD here I come then spare parts boxes or Toy Corner for the bits I don't have ! :blush:

Mine is going to be roughly the same size as the bakery building.....but I'm not saying what it is yet. :wink:

The entries should be "similar in style and size to the previous official TLG releases", hmm ok. Maybe I will try to make something this year :D

Fantastic contest, it'll be interesting to see a balance of techniques used to create a LEGO product like creation. Thanks for hosting this, hopefully I can scrounge up the time to enter, and I look forward to seeing everyone's MOCs!

No LDD entries? :sadnew:

I guess I can't enter this then:

Winter_Village_Book_Store.png

(If anyone wants more images, PM)

I might make a thread about this anyway. :tongue:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Wonderful contest!

I've been meaning to add a train station to my annual winter village set-up for some time now, perhaps this will be just the thing to get me to sit down and actually build it.

No LDD entries? :sadnew:

I guess I can't enter this then:

You are correct. That entry is not permitted by the rules.

(If anyone wants more images, PM)

I might make a thread about this anyway. :tongue:

-Sci

You probably should start a new topic as this one is about the contest, not your MOC. Thank you.

Is the contest open to the asia country? Love to join in..

Read the rules in the first post. We are a worldwide community and all members who meet the requirements are encouraged to participate.

Read the rules in the first post. We are a worldwide community and all members who meet the requirements are encouraged to participate.

Okie, thanks alot!

Yeah - I'm like Brad - admired the winner(s) last year and inspired me to have shot this year. Will post an entry soon.

Thanks to the mods for the chance to enter by running this great comp again.

Not sure if it's just my missing something or a weird computer glitch, but what's the prize pool? In any case, great contest, and I hope to enter no matter what prizes are provided.

Not sure if it's just my missing something or a weird computer glitch, but what's the prize pool? In any case, great contest, and I hope to enter no matter what prizes are provided.

TBA is generally known to mean To Be Announced.

Hey can i turn in a drawn pic? I am SUPER POOR!!! But FILLED with ton of iMaGiNAtioN! hehe =D

Edited by pablito1