Sign in to follow this  
natelite

new mecha contest

i'm bored waiting for the new 2007 EF line to appear on the shelves. so i thought, to heck with trying to keep the next contest a secret. and anyway, we can always recycle the contest when the 2007 line is out. :-P so here is the new contest layout. no prize as usual (i gotta change that... in 2007 i'll offer a prize :-P). you'll get glory and fame with your design. :-P

same voting system, one person one vote. there will be two polls this time. one for each of the three categories and one for the winner. the three categories are: design, fit, and originality.

the contest? remember how i (and most EF AFOL) whined about no female mf mech pilot? well, the contest is for you to design a story, a minifig, and best of all a mech. this contest is free-form. create your own story in no more than 1000 words. create your minifig, again no limits. feel free to design her as an android, a cyborg, or a regular human. and create a mech for her to pilot. no restriction on form. feel free to design bi-ped, tri-ped, track-driven, wheel-driven, etc. only restriction is that it should not resemble a tank, an APV/ATV, a plane, a copter. ie, no sonic phantom types and no mdt types. feel free to design large mechs and a co-pilot or gunner for her. size however should not exceed SV or BW (protecting SM should not be a walk in the park you know ;-) )

pictures: 6 pics at 24bit colors, 640x480 res. frontal, back and both sides mugshots of the mech and a close up of the minifig in the cockpit. and one picture of the mech in action against the robots (please use 1-3 robot mechs). more pictures can be added in your brickshelf folder.

contest will judge minifig and mech design. story will not be judged, but feel free to include a nice story to connect your audience to your design.

contest ends Nov 30th (changed for SuvieD!!!!). NO EXCEPTION! :-P

P.S. wanted to add the following...grand titan's alternative model is fine. stealth hunter's alternative is not. supernova's alternative is fine too, but silent strike's is not. mdt's alternative is fine, but the main model is not. hope everyone is clear on which vehicles will be rejected.

Not enough time for me. Good luck contestants! If anyone needs a story line I have a good one, pm me if you can't of one yourself.

Androids and cyborgs for EF? Are you sure about this?

BTW: I'm game...

Looks like we meet again Ex. :-D Anyways, I'm in! Any colour (yep I'm Canadian X-D) restrictions like the last contest which only allowed grey and white mechs?

that's the beauty of lego. you come up with the story. ;-) create your perfect female EF pilot and share with the world. :-P

p.s. what i was hinting at is that it doesn't have to be for the human faction, in case anyone was STILL wondering. *wacko* how else are you going to explain a female robot?!?!? do they make them with bolts and the males with screws? the robots aren't smurfs if you catch my drift... ;-) *sad*

p.s. to answer LV's question: no restriction this time whatsoever apart from the size (no larger than SV or BW, which is more for the mech to fit in...we can't have any upstart trying to usurp mecha one's glory now do we?), and vehicles (no tank, planes, copters, APV/ATV or other simple vehicles - too easy ;-) )

Looks like we meet again Ex. :-D

Oh dear. Better of to bricklink. Gotta get some bricks. This time it's war. ;-)

Natelite,

I won't enter since I don't like Mechas in general. Yes I know I entered your first one but it was to help you ;-)

Now that its already "engaged" I am not needed hehe !!

I will pin this and I will wish all the best to the contestants ;-)

Also I will edit your title to get rid of the ? since its an official contest and not an interrogation ;-)

Mech On !!

*yoda*

I might join, but the last contest showed that the more "Exo-Force" it is, the better votes it gets. My stuff is too serious for the minimalistic (and non-poseable) ways Lego sets are.

Not that the winning mocs weren't good and worthy, I just have to tone myself down too much to do something "Lego-looking" people will like. It's like trying to ride a bicycle at a mere 5 miles per hour... you fall off from boredom. :-D

On top of that, I probably won't have the internet for a few weeks after October 1st. :-|

LOVE the theme though, so maybe I can crap something out really fast before I'm disconnected.

@JINZONINGEN 73

It's all about perspective.

You could option to go for best design (I understand there will be 3 polls) and not care about the over-all win.

Some might not be good writers and loose out on that acount, but still have the best fit or design.

The over-all winner should IMO be the one that captures the essence of Exo-Force (a very good placing in at least 2 of the 3 polls).

Sweet! *y* *y* I can't wait! This contest will be better because you can make any colored mech you want this time. I just hope I'll be able to make something good this time( and be able to post the pics). ;-) This time I'll make three and decide which one is the best and enter that one. It's off to the billboard for me. Good luck to other contestants. Let the building begin!

P.S. What i was hinting at is that it doesn't have to be for the human faction, in case anyone was STILL wondering. *wacko* how else are you going to explain a female robot?!?!? do they make them with bolts and the males with screws? the robots aren't smurfs if you catch my drift... ;-) *sad*

Maybe a feminine robot,with a feminine voice,like Roodaka perhaps?

Maybe a feminine robot,with a feminine voice,like Roodaka perhaps?

Oooooo....kay. i like to see you come up with a moc female robot. *sweet*

Oooooo....kay. i like to see you come up with a moc female robot. *sweet*

Yes,but my stepfather has the camera.He only comes every weekend...so i'll have to build,take pictures,and upload today.I shall do my best.

I'll first make some concept art in MS Paint...Just to see how i can make a feminine minifig-sized Devastator.

Phew,if i succeed,i guess i'll know how to make MF-sized droids too (not protocol droids,those are already minifigs X-D ).

EDIT:

The concept art for the limbs.Not sure if the switch pieces fit in the cones that way,but heck,i'll try.I'll also see if the limbs won't be too big to be MF-sized.

post-514-1159687015_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kahgarak

I've just bought a bunch of bricks on Bricklink, a Stealth Hunter and Sir Rascus (Knights Kingdom)

These will be the basis for my MOC. Not sure what it's going to be, but now I have the bricks anyway.

The race is on.

So if I understand correctly, everything is allowed as long as its a mech? Well, I might just enter then (the all-white building of the previous one kept me from entering. I don't like white :-D ).

yup, no restriction, the sky's the limit.

okay - i'm not going to debate the female robot's existance, just be sure to create something visible other than to slap on an earbud foam on a devastator and call it a female robot with an afro. :-D

additional "rules": no altered or non-lego parts, customized decals okay. good luck!

how much time do you need? :-P nov 30th?

Well, I am not sure. I have class every week day, volunteer 8 hours a week as a tutor on top of my previous schedule minus working right now. This is the first time I have had to even check EB since my post in the thread earlier. I will try to build and enter but don't count on me. Even with a month extra, I am still trying to find time to work on my pirate ship and that is my priority in LEGO.

Good luck to everyone else though!

I'm not making a sleek, sexy female bot.

I already have the legs and pelvis done, and can already say she's pretty chunky.

But skinny isn't a requirement for being female, sooo...

...I'll make it work somehow lol.

Still watching that clip Jinzo posted.

Scene from the 2nd Bionicle movie. I made the gif on a much slower comp... but now seeing it at "regular" speed, it's almost comical. Like an old silent movie.