The castle was silent, as the residents had all retired to their beds for the night, after the rather exciting events of the day before. Everyone, that was, except for Gilbert, who was still vainly wandering the halls looking for the Sorcerer, as his Captain had instructed.
"Where has that sneaky devil gone?", he pondered to himself. "I might just rest here on this balcony for a bit."
Gilbert isn't as vigilant as he would hope unfortunately, and doesn't see the black figure approaching from behind. In a quick movement, the person shoves Gilbert over the banister.
"GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!", he screamed.
A sickening crunch followed, as the body smacked against the floor.
Pleased with his work, the figure turned to go, when it heard a noise from below. Gilbert was getting up.
"It... it's alright, I'm... arghhhh... OK....", he groaned. This wasn't the result the figure was looking for, so more drastic measures were called for.
The heavy chair broke over Gilbert, killing him instantly and leaving a bloody mess on the floor.
Meanwhile, in the Grand Hall, the Sorcerer was planning his escape.
Marching over to the west doors, the Sorcerer prepared some magic, and blasted them open, breaking the seal on them.
Just as he was about to run through, someone called out from the other side of the hall. It was the wizard.
"Stop right there, Lord Harcourt!", exclaimed the wizard. "You're not getting away from me now!"
The wizard fired off a bolt of green fire at the Sorcerer...
But he managed to evade it, running through into the west foyer.
The wizard followed close behind, in hot pursuit...
...only to come racing back out again as the sorcerer fired on him.
The two magic masters faced off across the hall, each preparing a nasty spell for the other.
Just then, as they were about to unleash the fatal spells on each other, a hooded figure entered the room, momentarily distracting them.
"Er, appears I have come to the wrong place", he stammered. "Don't mind me, carry on."
As the figure fled the room, the wizard took the advantage of the distraction to strike out at the Sorcerer, who had no time to respond. His fate was sealed.
"Dammit, I knew this would end badly", complained the sorcerer. "Curse you, you vile, foul-"
He was cut off as the flames consumed him.
"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" As the echoes of his last scream faded in the hall, all that was left of the mighty sorcerer was a small pile on the floor...
As the sun rose and light once more claimed the castle, the residents made their way down to the hall once again.
Unfortunately, many were confronted with the horrors of the previous night. Quickly, they made their way past the carnage in the foyer to the main hall.
There they were confronted by the grisly remains of the Sorcerer. The King addressed the people.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, after a thorough search of Lord Harcourt's rooms, my people are able to say with certainty that the Sorcerer was neither a loyal Citizen of the Alliance, nor was he a Dragon. Rather, he was a powerful Ankorian Sorcerer sent here by his Ankorian masters to sabotage our efforts to reunite as one stable land. He was most definitely a Neutral figure in this struggle.
I cannot say the same for poor Gilbert out there however. He was most definitely a loyal Citizen of Matidoer, and will be sorely missed."
As the King finished talking, the residents began their own discussions again, ever aware of the now open west doors which reveal the grisly sight of he slaughter not many nights past. Hopefully, they could deal with the threat, before it is too late...
Rules of Play
This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.
- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.
- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).
- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.
- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.
- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.
- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.
- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.
- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.
Characters and Players
Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman
Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice
Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang
Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone
Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows
Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs
Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois
Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man
Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy
Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher
Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon
Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker
Agnes (Maid) played by Striker
Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick
Francis the Friar played by Svelte
Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate
Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx
Chef Walter played by JimButcher
Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1
Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley (Neutral): Convicted, Day 2
Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz (Citizen): Killed, Night 2