Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

Effects the event has on people...

Mrs. Hobbes has always been supportive of my hobby but has never actively "participated". The more I was happy she agreed to join me at the event even though she didn't know anybody.

Well, after we got back home (and I was able to convince her how "harmless" I am in the pursuit of my hobby compared to "others" ;-)) I decided it was time to finally sort and organize my bricks. I got help from someone unexpected:

11f8ynigyaltt.jpg

This is our living room, not "my" room, mind you! "It's easier here. There's more space and we can watch TV while sorting", she said.

After a few hours (with no watching TV) she commented "That's something for me! I love it! I just love sorting stuff! Where's the next box?"

I hope I can convince her to come to the next event, too. Who knows what effects that one will have...

Hehe joining the dark side of the brick with NO use of jedi mind trick is really impressive X-D ;-) !!

Glad to see another spouse joining the hobby of Lego and its sorting parts, builing neat stuff...

Watch out Hobbes, next year she might want to sort and build some UCS Deat Star or ISD ;-)

*yoda*

Is that a Dan Brown book I see there. Now there's an idea for a LEGO theme - the Robert Langdon series.

It'll never happen - too adult orientated

Mrs Jof says "I could do that for you"

But I don't think we have enough clear space to do it, so maybe it is a girl thing.

Although she says she didn't think I needed my bricks sorting & that I knew where they were instinctivly.

g... she loves sorting... is this a female thing?

Damn, I love sorting.. of course that doesn't imply anything :unsure: In fact, since I got back from the event I have been sorting loads of stuff.. like the parts and sets I got.. I need more containers and drawers now! Sorting can be actually quite fun and relaxing when you are bored or stressed about exams.

Jon.

That pic looks really cool.

I like to sort the bricks or reconstruate sets and so on. It just belongs together.

:-$

uh... I love sorting too! It is indeed relaxing to do. I am occasionally insomnic, and sorting bricks at 3 am is not an uncommon activity. Also, washing bricks - I kind of enjoy that too.

<end of true confessions>

<return to Manly AFOL persona>

Watch out Hobbes, next year she might want to sort and build some UCS Deat Star or ISD ;-)

Hmmm... although I'm not into SW that UCS ISD would be a set I wouldn't mind in my collection :'-)

It's all bley now, though... :-/

Is that a Dan Brown book I see there.

Yep, that's the german version of "The DaVinci Code", I think.

g... she loves sorting... is this a female thing?

I think so. Her sister confirmed that this is something she likes to do. I don't, I started sometimes but quit everytime overwhelmed by the sheer amount of bricks...

Lol, you could establish an sorting service for AFoLs!

Hmmm... we both don't really like our jobs at the moment and some change would be nice anyways...

Damn, I love sorting.. of course that doesn't imply anything :unsure:

Well, that, your taste in clothes... I dunno... >:-)