Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

How to make a comic?

As titled: how?

I've this intro for a story in my head.. involving bricks I've already at home, so the only issue is to make this real.

Any suggestion is welcome because I'm completely new about this.. If there's a way to make decent pictures (like, i don't know.. take larger pictures to get a focus and cut what there's around for example..), or if it's better to make balloons and then write in them or placing already written balloons instead?

A user friendly program for ubuntu?

Thanks for reading!

Oh! There are loads of things in our Brick Flicks and Comic forum that can help. I'll just move this thread over there.

I use Comic Life 2 for Mac for it... that is not for ubuntu of course, maybe scribus will work there?

I suggest using GIMP and using balloons for dialog is a good idea. Also, like you said using larger image and cropping into it for close photos is a good way to go if you cant do more pictures. Changing angles is even better though.

Dynamic Paneling (def)

Adding Dialogue to Comics (KielDaMan)

Check out the Brick Flicks & Comics Academy for even more help.

Invest in a copy of comic life (it's about $25 USD) -- it runs on pc's too. Use gimp for photo effects. Vary camera angles and get a variety of shots -- static camera positioning gets boring visually and doesn't help the story.