Sign in to follow this  
Modulex Guy

MOC: Friends - Battle of Heartlake

Hi EB,

Figure I might share my Friends MOC on here. It was my main layout for the Brickworld Chicago 2k16 show!

27780510586_f23c0ac8f0_z.jpgBattle of Heartlake BW16 by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

27536797910_840c119f49_z.jpgBattle of Heartlake BW16 by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

27815152415_fcf963e182_z.jpgBattle of Heartlake BW16 by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

27739482051_ab187e0c1b_z.jpgBattle of Heartlake BW16 by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

27739494291_2784ac1ec6_z.jpgBattle of Heartlake BW16 by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

27713940482_606e695876_z.jpgBattle of Heartlake BW16 by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

27203712183_37ffbffcaf_z.jpgBattle of Heartlake BW16 by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

Comments Welcome! Hope you enjoy my MOC!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I was wondering what you were going to do with all those minidolls you were collecting. :classic:

The shot of the Friends tank taking out that dragon...while running over an Elf...is something else! I love all the creative chaos on display here!

Chris always does wonderful work especially in Cars. I like how each vehicle has it's wheels turned.

BTW realized I am in the background of the first pic (black shirt and khaki shorts).

Edited by pirzyk

I like the dragon being captured. That is very clever idea.

I like the idea of Friends battletanks and whatnot. Although I think I am too medieval compared to modern, so I don't think I could justify building one for my layout. I wonder if my daughter would get into having a big scene like this..might be fun for a future show on our end. Granted, I think I'll stick with Elves :).

Keep up the good work!

I see things have gotten rather unfriendly.

This is a great use of the theme and actually makes me like the Friends theme. I love seeing those Minidolls have weapons and fighting against dragons. The tank is amazing!

Edited by Tech Artist

This is awesome, I didn't know you cloud turn something sweet and innocent into a violent scene :laugh: but great building though! I love it, great idea!

Well that's a whole new take on the 'Friends' idea! You've instilled in me a new-found respect for the theme. Well done for showing us what's possible with mini-dolls; it seems that when they're not tucking into cupcakes and auditioning for talent shows, they're undergoing military training.

Incidentally, that battle-bus is truly epic. Perfect all the way from the hubcaps to the RPG-toting roof-rider. Excellent work!

This was one of my favourite layouts at BrickWorld. Truly awesome!

This is awesome, I didn't know you cloud turn something sweet and innocent into a violent scene :laugh: but great building though! I love it, great idea!

Well that's a whole new take on the 'Friends' idea! You've instilled in me a new-found respect for the theme. Well done for showing us what's possible with mini-dolls; it seems that when they're not tucking into cupcakes and auditioning for talent shows, they're undergoing military training.

Incidentally, that battle-bus is truly epic. Perfect all the way from the hubcaps to the RPG-toting roof-rider. Excellent work!

This layout was kind of the goal to see how far I can push the boundary of the Friend's/Elves themes!

Turns out they can be quite a violent crowd! :laugh::wacko:

Nice one! Quite a change to the traditional theme of a friends layout!

Edited by BrickCurve

In the grim future of LEGO Friends, there is only war.

I'm surprised that nobody made that joke yet. :laugh:

But anyway, this is an amazing display here. The contrast of all those cute bright colours and the destruction and chaos of a fantasy war scene is just amazing to look at.

It also reminds me that the Minidolls would be great figures to make something more animesque - I wish TLC would produce a broader variety of the dolls that would be more fitting for fantasy or sci-fi settings.

Congrats on winning at Brickworld and being a semi-finalist. What would you do with the grand prize if you win in the contest finals? :classic: