zed0

MOC: Long Forgotten

This is my CCCIX entry, also the first MOC I've posted here. :blush:

Two gallant dwarves brave the chills of the mountain top to re-explore the mines of their once great civilisation.

CCCIX1.JPG

CCCIX3.JPG

CCCIX2.JPG

There are more, higher res pictures on my blog

Wow, great moc! Love that gold, trans yellow and light brick, I definately need to get my hands on some of those. The dwarves are cool although health and safety would have a field day with the one not wearing any head protection in an old mine. The snot rocks are great too excellent! :thumbup::classic:

Very clever build with a nice back story. I like the light brick and trans-yellow pieces. It really shines, so to speak. It's interesting seeing two dwarves without the trademark large beard. It's a nice change.

Keep up the good builds.

Very well made. The gold looks terrific and the sides of the pit, or whatever you want to call it look neat too. I think the stairs could have twisted around and the entrance to the mine have been a bit more hidden, although I don't know why, really, but it is still very nice.

Wow! I missed this moc! Lucky for me I found it, cause this is very good! I like the minifig posing, the glowing gold and the rockformations! Great work!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Love that gold, trans yellow and light brick, I definately need to get my hands on some of those.

As with a lot of the pieces in this MOC I got most of those parts from 7572-1: Quest Against Time, I would recommend this set just for the number of bley cheese blocks you get.

It's interesting seeing two dwarves without the trademark large beard. It's a nice change.

I don't actually have any dwarf minifigs. :blush: Though I'm not sure I'd have used them even if I did. I would quite like some of the orc minifigs though.

All I can suggest is use a warmer light (incandescent or a yellow/orange christmas light) to light up the treasure so it has a golden glow instead of that cold blue one.

Anyway, I love the idea of the two explorers trying to rediscover their ancestors' lost civilization, very cool MOC.

Edited by DrNightmare

All I can suggest is use a warmer light (incandescent or a yellow/orange christmas light) to light up the treasure so it has a golden glow instead of that cold blue one.

Christmas lights are a good idea, I hadn't considered using them. In person the light brick works pretty well but it didn't come out so well in the pictures so I used a Maglite too.