Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

2704 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#2301 Cad Bane

Cad Bane

Member: 14659

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:16 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 13 October 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

I think you mean NOW available, anyway, I'm surprised they put it up with no images yet, I mean the set is ashley being sold in US Targets.

Well now that is embarrassing.... :blush:
Actually, the pic is there in the zoom feature, but not in the image mode. So if you hover over it it'll zoom in on the right picture, but won't display the full size one. The thing is, this morning when I posted the link, there were multiple pictures with working zooms.... Not sure what happened....

EDIT: All pics are once again up, and Zoom works for all of them!

Edited by Cad Bane, 14 October 2011 - 07:25 PM.

"Not so impressive without your lightsaber, are you, Jedi." -Cad Bane
Avatar created by Jebediahs! Thanks!
My Brickshelf
My Flickr

#2302 Artanis I

Artanis I
  • Who's Friggin' Dan?

Member: 10965

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 13 October 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

the set is ashley being sold in US Targets.
Nice new title BTW... to be honest I first thought you had misspelled "actually" - like it was some new cool way to say it... :pir_laugh2:
Lego is not a dirty word

#2303 Cad Bane

Cad Bane

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

Not sure if this is the place to discuss it, but Disney has a Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Sweepstakes that has Lego most of the prizes. There's some pretty cool prizes and it's free to enter. Here's the Link.
Also, I found this through This article on FBTB, so credit goes to them not me....

EDIT: Official Topic Here!

Edited by Cad Bane, 14 October 2011 - 07:28 PM.

My Brickshelf
My Flickr

#2304 AkumaMax

AkumaMax

Member: 20830

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

After reading countless posts in the POC Black Pearl Thread about people in the U.S. Picking them up at Target stores I took it upon myself to call about 10 different Target stores. Of course none of them had the Black Pearl. Then I remembered when I lived about 20min south of me there was a SUPER TARGET Store. So I went ahead and called them. Told the Lady the number and she read it back to me. After work I went on down to the store and "voila" there she was in all her glory. They had about 6 boxes and 6 of the QAR. The QAR was tempting but I fell in love with the BP right away. Paid just under $110US(Illinois). Haven't had the chance to open it and build it I will leave that for after work tomorrow. I am going to take some pictures though to show the LEGOLAND guys at my work since they had told me it wasn't to be released until the 1st of November! It's been about 15yrs since my last ship I had and my Flood took care of most of the pieces. Can't wait to start building this thing.

View PostPennas2000, on 13 October 2011 - 08:23 AM, said:

here but on other theme's threads. And a few other lego forums. I thought it would have done well. And well enough for a second wave but who knows.
ok no matter what you read think about this Logically. If the POTC failed then why would LEGO release something for a second round if it failed so badly?
Mess With The Max, Get Scrapped Like The Rest!
Current Ship Armada=10210,4195,4184,6268(Buying parts),6243(soon)
Posted Image

#2305 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

View PostCad Bane, on 14 October 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

Not sure if this is the place to discuss it, but Disney has a Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Sweepstakes that has Lego most of the prizes. There's some pretty cool prizes and it's free to enter. Here's the Link.
Also, I found this through This article on FBTB, so credit goes to them not me....
Why don't you make a new thread for this, it deserves it's own.

I'll let you make it since you brought it to our attention.

#2306 Ogre

Ogre

Member: 4165

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Looks like the Fairview Mall LEGO store (Toronto, Canada) will soon have the QAR on display.  Saw an employee showing the finished set to a customer this past Saturday.
Have to admit...it looks good and is very tempting.
Also heard that LEGO released the Black Pearl early, because TRU and Target 'jumped the gun' and released it early, when they weren't supposed to.

~ Logan Alexander Redlake II
Freelance butt-kicker, hater of the Northlands and loyal member of the Kaliphlin Guild

Ogre

Posted Image

#2307 AkumaMax

AkumaMax

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

hmmm... Really Lego offically released it. I will have to check the Lego store in my Mall to see if they carry it.

EDIT: 3:30pm I had a chance after my meeting to take a look at the LEGO store at my Mall. They now have the Black pearl for sale. I didn't ask why but I am sure it's because target jumping the gun. Just giving people a heads up at my Woodfield Mall(Schaumburg, IL) Location LEGO store they do have it.

Edited by AkumaMax, 17 October 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#2308 PadawanMenace

PadawanMenace

Member: 21004

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

View PostMstrOfPppts, on 13 October 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

Strangely, I've been reading everywhere that the line did pretty good :) Also a guy on our LUG forum said that the second wave is coming, but I'm really getting more and more sceptical every day - still no news, leaks nor rumors ...

I really hope that there is a second wave of POTC coming.  Love the sets and there so much potential for more.

#2309 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1
  • Keeps the ending secret

Member: 18398

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

I'm still hoping for at least a second wave as well!  There's a lot of life still left in this theme.
Never tell me the odds!

#2310 yys4u

yys4u

Member: 13441

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Same. I hope they drag it out like they dragged out star wars. If they did that they would quickly cover all the major scenes and then have to move to the not so important settings, that way we get the Interceptor!

But yea I'm still hoping for at least one more wave. I love the pieces, minifigs, and ships that came with this theme

#2311 AkumaMax

AkumaMax

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

It would be nice to get a second wave of POTC. I would like the interceptor as well as a flying dutchman! Or better yet all of the pirate ships from At worlds end.
Posted Image

#2312 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?

Member: 14752

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Since people are putting on all the stuff that are also not actual set projects, I've decided to put this on as a suggestion. Problem is though I don't have facebook nor any similar media to share it and the view count is very low. Supprot and feel free to share around and we might get noticed: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1580. Sorry in advance if there's something wrong with this ...

Posted Image

#2313 MikeHaggarKJ

MikeHaggarKJ

Member: 20763

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

Anyone know when this will be available in Sweden/Scandinavia? Looked around in most of the major stores in gothenburg today without luck.
EDIT: This is about the black pearl

Edited by MikeHaggarKJ, 19 October 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#2314 Cammo

Cammo

Member: 18645

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

It's not in available in Belgium either  :pir-sceptic:
I contacted the toyshops to inform me about the date of release but none of them answered.

Posted Image

#2315 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

In case you are wonddering (I guess you are), the LEGO catalogue arrived at my house today and it says the BP is not available until 1st November. However I hear it's been cropping up in some shops.
:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#2316 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker
  • Cyborg Chef Splatter

Member: 5169

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

The Pearl has been available in my local area at Target, TRU and Lego stores here in California for about a week. I had heard Nov 1 for awhile so it caught me off guard.
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#2317 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr
  • Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

The Pearl has been in my local Walmarts/Targets for about a week as well. And I live in Nebraska, the middle of the country with very little major metropolitan areas around, so odd that some major cities still aren't seeing them.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#2318 Walter

Walter
  • Back, but still drowning!

Member: 16053

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Does anyone know how well this theme has done financially? I'm really curious because I've been hearing things, and I don't know where the truth really lies.

I'm really worried this might turn into another Prince of Perisa fiasco.
Posted Image

#2319 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Pirate Pig

Member: 8823

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

What ive heard the theme went pretty well, but wasnt a great succes. But it was sure better than POP theme. And TLC wont make anymore sets or another wave of POTC. BP was the very last and final set for POBS.

Captain Becker
My LEGO collection

"An Admiral a day, keeps the Doctor away" General Skalldyr in ToR II

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey Bluecoats FTW
Thank you Jebediahs

#2320 Lyichir

Lyichir

Member: 14738

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

It's hard to get hard sales data, but PotC has been conspicuously missing from listings of next year's sets. It could be that it was a flop. Or it could be that it was successful enough to continue, but not until the next movie is on the horizon. It could even be that the theme was hugely successful, but the theme is skipping a wave in order to prevent oversaturation of the theme.

#2321 Zeya

Zeya
  • Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

View PostCaptain Becker, on 26 October 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

And TLC wont make anymore sets or another wave of POTC. BP was the very last and final set for POBS.

Captain Becker

Is that speculation?

Also, POBS = Pirates of the Burning Sea.  :pir_laugh2: :pir-sweet:  I played that game for a little while when it launched. It was fun for about 3 weeks, lol.

#2322 MikeHaggarKJ

MikeHaggarKJ

Member: 20763

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

I'm actually happy the POTC series is most likely ending.
Bigger chance "real" lego pirates start appearing  :pir_laugh2:

#2323 Jack Bricker

Jack Bricker

Member: 8047

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

View PostMikeHaggarKJ, on 27 October 2011 - 11:24 AM, said:

I'm actually happy the POTC series is most likely ending.
Bigger chance "real" lego pirates start appearing  :pir_laugh2:

I think that it is a little early for POTC to just end.  From everything that I have seen and heard on this forum and around my local toy stores is that POTC is selling as well as the Indiana Jones theme which, is pretty good.  

I think we may yet see some more POTC sets before we see classic pirates back.

Edited by Jack Bricker, 01 November 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#2324 Cad Bane

Cad Bane

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

The Lego POTC product page has been updated with the new Black Pearl minifigures . Link!

Also (to comment on some of the previous discussion), if the Lego POTC line continues its success, I see no reason for Lego to end it. Additionally, with the 5th movie's script in the works (though not fully confirmed) and production planned for summer 2012 (or so I've heard...), Lego will have a whole new movie to work off of. Also, if POTC continues its success, they plan to theoretically make a 6th movie as well. So, fortunately for some, but unfortunately for others, I do think that the POTC Lego line will continue so long as it remains moderately successful.

Edited by Cad Bane, 01 November 2011 - 12:07 AM.

My Brickshelf
My Flickr

#2325 Vindice

Vindice

Member: 13399

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

View PostJack Bricker, on 29 October 2011 - 09:54 AM, said:

I think that it is a little early for POTC to just end.  From everything that I have seen and heard on this forum and around my local toy stores is that POTC is selling as well as the Indiana Jones theme which, is pretty good.  

I think we may yet see some more POTC sets before we see classic pirates back.

I was under the impression that Indy didnt sell well at all.

Apparently POTC exceeded it's target but that doesn't mean it was a huge success, the question for TLG is, can they now produce more sets that will have as much or more appeal as the first.

They could release The Dutchman, but that would no doubt be an expensive set with lots of new minifig moulds. They've already produced Davey Jones so I would think they werent expecting on releasing the Dutchman.

you don't see enough of Tortuga to warrant it's own set and they've sort of already released Port Royal.

I think this theme is dead now. I can't see what else they can do with it.
"Bolted doors and windows barred, guard dogs prowling in the yard, won't protect you in your bed, nothing will, from PUMPKINHEAD"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links