RoryoCox

The Passing of Dan Jezek

Today we received the unfortunate news that Dan Jezek, the owner and founder of Bricklink has passed away. He has such a positive impact on all LEGO fans around the world and I am sure the LEGO online community would not have been the same without him. Go here to see the full article.

It is always sad to hear of another death of a prominent LEGO enthusiast and I hope the next time you use Bricklink you think a little thought of him.

Our condolences go out to the Jezek family.

Bricklink - In memory of Dan Jezek 1977-2010

Edited by Hinckley
Added web address

not a very big buyer/seller in bricklink. but feel shocked/sad about this. very nice site Bricklink is. RIP Dan

Even if not, the database is just immense, this sucks.

RIP Dan. He was so young too. :sadnew:

I know only 33. It is a real shame that he had to leave us so soon. default_sad.gif

That really makes one go quiet.

R.I.P. Dan.

You really left the Lego community a wonderful legacy.

R.I.P. Dan.

His site is so great, he died young but achieved more than most.

Edited by Front

How awful. R.I.P Dan. You were a genius who changed all our lives for the good. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Very sad news. He overcome many adversities and to just die so young. :cry_sad: But he will be remembered; his work has affected so many around the world.

My condolences to his family.

:cry_sad:

My condolences to his family. He was undoubtedly one of the most influential AFOLs around. Gosh, first nnenn, now this....

Despite never meeting him or even knowing his name until today, i feel deeply saddened. Not only was he just 33 but without this man the AFOL hobby would be very different. He achieved more in his 33 years than I could ever hope to achieve.

My condolences to the family.

Terrible news. We can just be grateful to him for his massive contribution to our worldwide community in his all too short life. There is a memorial page on bricklink here.

Wow. It's funny how your day can go from great to terrible. RIP Dan. :sad: His insperational act of creating what he wanted to has really helped the LEGO community. Have fun in the Promised Land, Dan.

Edited by FettJango

This is truly a sad day for the AFOL community. I agree that Bricklink has been a very useful source of our beloved passion for all lego-lovers throughout the year. Dan has made a great service to all of us through Bricklink, and he will forever be remembered for this. Our condolences to the Jezek family. May you rest in peace Dan. default_sadnew.gif