Sign in to follow this  
TrumpetKing

CMF Mafia - Day 4 - Fluffy

11762933124_faf95af47c_z.jpg

Players only, please!

12296969545_1e64362de9_z.jpg

Dragonishki (Darkdragon) isn't doing much, as normal.

"Vwhat iz zat noiz?" he ponders, hearing the zombie behind him.

Those are some of his only words.

12297147633_8ffd349104_z.jpg

Especially considering the body of the Tiki Warrior takes his place upon death.

12296972295_91384bb0d3_z.jpg

Mercutio greets eevrybody, wearing a special helmet.

"Great work, everybody. Sally was, if you can't tell by the helmet that fell out of her pocket, a Councilwoman. As was Dragonsihki. As you can see, this cute little guy surprised us by helping with yesterday's mess with Sally, so I kept him around. He's clearly not a pest. I've named him Fluffy, and I'm going to help him join my level of supremacy when this is over. Get to work."

12297550646_7e83726a9a_z.jpg

12297400124_ceab21438c_z.jpg

And they do.

The Players (12)

11786767795_0c3c27c230_t.jpg

Mercutio Robertson - Played by TrumpetKing - NPC

12021853893_d7017583fc_t.jpg Kelly Lester - Played by Kristel - Wannabe Mermaid

12022668345_ff7cabc1ae_t.jpg Clarissa Maplesby - Played by CallMePie - Expert People Trampler

12022670535_7d8eecde00_t.jpg Peter Desmund - Played by Piratedave84 - Most likely to eat your face

12023024394_f4b28ffc90_t.jpg Jeffrey Norris -Played by jamesn - Corrupt Conquistador

12022678225_1f9db00d40_t.jpgCarl Nemoss​ - Played by Captain Nemo - Hottie McHotterson

12022684095_919e2b9500_t.jpg Giovanni Capanni - Played by Captain Genaro - Hitman with a hint of class

12022974413_1cc02768df_t.jpg Monarch Timothy III - Played by Tamamono - Probably wants you beheaded

12022985543_8ca36ed811_t.jpg Helen Inkling - Played by Hinckley - "Would you like a nice glass of wine?"

12023538676_a18f67e9b1_t.jpg Tickles - Played by TinyPiesRUs - Wants your kids to se the lions

12023544266_40fb57bb87_t.jpg Pamela Fettucini - Played by Peanuts - Badass Mom

12023055034_132dddb260_t.jpg Mikatta - Played by Mencot - Forest Witch

12022724575_f3ac2945e4_t.jpg Melinda Dugan - Played by MetroiD - Wants your scalp

The Dead

12145595534_d45c8a4b65_t.jpg Kingsley of the Starfish - Played by KingoftheZempk - Criminal Mastermind - Dissolved Mid-Nap Night One - Monster

12145595404_e6f52732ea_t.jpg Caitie Levanne - Played by Cecilie - Creepy Nurse - Beheaded reading mail Night One - Monster

12215802933_00b1e8f48c_t.jpg Bleeb - Played by Bob - Benevolent Alien Overlord - Gnawed on by a crazy cannibal Day Two - Monster

12372697864_229a2a83ac_o.jpg Lacey Davis - Played by LegoDad - Desparate for sex - Ignored creepy sounds while bra stuffing during Night Two - Council

12372395833_376265eb16_o.jpg Derek Polanes -Played by DarthPotato - Wants your credit card number - Blazed Night Two - Monster

12296978285_907dc2d173_t.jpg Sally Carrotine - Played by Scubacarrot - Child Arson - Fluffied Day Three - Council

12372697654_d4285f0dc6_o.jpg Dragonishki - Played by Darkdragon -Somehow came from a comic book - Eaten Night Three - Council

The Rules

1. Each player will be given an alignment to play as. Each player will be aligned with either The Council or The Monsters. Any Third Party/Neutral characters have their own win conditions outlined in their roles. To win, the Monsters must eliminate all of the Council, while the Council must outnumber the Monsters.

2. Each day you may vote to lynch a player. The player who receives votes from a majority of the remaining players will be lynched. Voting must be done in the following format.Vote: Character Name (Player). No other format will be accepted. Unvoting may be done similarly, under the same format and criteria as voting.

3. A day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote for the first 24 hours of the Day thread. After 72 hours, it is now night. When the 72 hours of the day are over, please send your night action, if any, to myself using the Role PM I have sent you. The night phase will last a maximum of 48 hours.

4. The alignment of the player lynched, and any that died during the night, will be revealed at the start of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM.This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Role Claiming should be done at your own risk. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. Any questions about your role or the game must be asked in your Role PM that you received.

11. In your Role PM, you have been given a Personality Quirk. I request that you try to speak in your personality quirk a minimum of three times per day, but I will not make it a requirement. Try to have fun with it though!

12. Violation of ANY of the above rules will result in a vote penalty (1 vote for every 4 players left) on the first offense, and removal from the game on the second offense

Edited by TrumpetKing

Could there be 5?

In a game of 19, I doubt it. Especially since there's reportedly a third party.

Although, then again, the tiki seems like it'd be the trickster, and there's been no serial kill...

It's possible, but again, not likely.

There's a pattern to the Scum's claims.

And it looks like we protected the right person too. :laugh:

Whoowhoo

2 scums down, great going town block.

Lets keep to ball rolling now and get the last ones

There's a pattern to the Scum's claims.

And it looks like we protected the right person too. :laugh:

If you people now it keep do it, it seems to work :wink::thumbup:

2 scummos! And no scum kill!

Goooooooo town!

I would bet you that Giovanni is the last scum.

On that there was no scumkill, based on what Mercutio said: "Sally was, if you can't tell by the helmet that fell out of her pocket, a Councilwoman."

That Sally was the Roman commander aka Scums nightkiller, right!

Usually the night (or "knight") kill passes on.

Ah yes, I think you are right.

I'm here to use movie quotes and lynch scum. And I'm all out of movie quotes.

Looks like we're on a roll. And I can talk again! Great.

Although, then again, the tiki seems like it'd be the trickster, and there's been no serial kill...

That would be really nice if that was true. Let's see if there are any curses popping up today.

At this point, I'm inclined to think there may not even be a third party.

Wow! I'm very impressed that we took down 2 scum yesterday and in the night, and that there's been no scum kill.

Now we just need to take down the last scum or two - I'm feeling Mikatta and Hottie McHotterson.

Now we just need to take down the last scum or two - I'm feeling Mikatta and Hottie McHotterson.

You missed the part where we pretty much already caught the last scum.

I wonder why that is. :look:

I wondered bymyself who would be the first one to start pointing fingers without any clue of what he/she is up to, my guess was on Melinda (who by the way has been lurking many times today but haven´t comment any) but for all means it was our good fellow Jeffery!

Yeah, I'm, er, gonna have to retract my comments about Helen's daffodilly, but none too suspicious (at this point) butt. It's obviously been doing a pretty good job, after all. It's really good to know that the right people's efforts and work behind the scenes are paying off.

Having an actual pattern to follow is _tres_ nice. Let's see if it also coincides with the observations that we lay(wo)men have made so far. Speaking of which - I agree with Peter once again; Giovanni also tops my list as of right now, mostly due to the fact that he was all too willing to try and provide exculpation (albeit implausible) for the dead scumsters' claims. It'd be interesting to see / hear if he is in fact the last stripe in the pattern.

Oh and - of course, you may feel free to start a lynchmob against me for sharing someone else's opinion - on more than one occasion.

Oh and - of course, you may feel free to start a lynchmob against me for sharing someone else's opinion - on more than one occasion.

First of all no one is going to start any moblynches on anyone which are base an bad reasons.

We have such a good thing going on here now, so lets not make any hasty decisions that will end in lynching any towns.

Too bad Helen is not going to be around so much today but the good thing is we have the rest of the town block working in the background.

I actually have one question for you Melinda, we could ofcourse leave it to be answered after the conclusion discussion but I am intrested to hear what did you think when you did what you did yesterday, actually what was the point of the stunt? Like honestly?

Dear Mikatta, an honest and complete reply to your question would require the incorporation of elements and tales from beyond our world of monsters and councilors, which is why I believe it would be best if we left that discussion for the afterlife where we're all headed at one point or another.

At this stage though, suffice it to say that yesterday's events were never a part of a stunt and had definitely not been planned as a "move" of sorts. What happened was instead a mere attempt to make the best and most useful thing for Town out of a stupid situation. As you've all undoubtedly noticed by now, it was admittedly neither too useful, nor did it change our situation substantially.

Back to the current events though - it's nice to see that Pamela is once again able to use her words as well as her brush, I was looking forward to that and it would surely help having as many vocal participants around here as possible, especially considering how Helen will be trying to catch up on her sleeping throughout this day.

But I'm still the go-to person around here when it comes to brushes.

Speaking of which - I agree with Peter once again; Giovanni also tops my list as of right now, mostly due to the fact that he was all too willing to try and provide exculpation (albeit implausible) for the dead scumsters' claims. It'd be interesting to see / hear if he is in fact the last stripe in the pattern.

I'm assuming you're referring to my post yesterday. I wouldn't say I was trying to exculpate Sally, I was simply trying to shot down any potential counter arguments she might try and bring up in the future. I've been told that it's a rather powerful debating tool, acknowledge what your opponent is going to try and say before they can say it so that you can counter it immediately. I'm sorry if you feel like it was exculpating and that I did not say enough to try and drive my point of her innocence home. If you look at my record, this is not exactly the first time I've done this. I tend to act this way before voting every time.

I'm assuming you're referring to my post yesterday. I wouldn't say I was trying to exculpate Sally, I was simply trying to shot down any potential counter arguments she might try and bring up in the future. I've been told that it's a rather powerful debating tool, acknowledge what your opponent is going to try and say before they can say it so that you can counter it immediately. I'm sorry if you feel like it was exculpating and that I did not say enough to try and drive my point of her innocence home. If you look at my record, this is not exactly the first time I've done this. I tend to act this way before voting every time.

I believe he's referring to these posts of yours: *honk honk*

As for Sally, I find her defense believable. When she mentioned identity cards, I think she was first just looking for something to burn. Pretty risky if she was scum to try and bring them out, especially considering what happened in the first CMF mafia. Even if she didn't know about it, I'm pretty sure someone on the scum team would have given them a heads up. And then the fact that she changed her mind is equally believable to me. If she didn't realize that the characters could correspond to roles, then it's perfectly reasonable for her to change her mind when she realized.

After reviewing the day thread, it looks like Sally really only pressured Bleep and Melinda. Even then, she's really only pursued Bleep. If that's really what he said (and I don't see any reason to doubt it is), it's just another bullet in his robotic head. I'm also concerned about the time he sent the message. Why was he busy sending PMs to Helen instead of defending himself in our conversation? Surly he could do both. If he really wanted to prove his innocence, he would be talking with all of us in the thread. And why did he choose to target Sally? She hasn't really done anything super scummy to me.

I'm not so certain about Lacey, but I think that a strong case can be made for Melinda. She seemed to act pretty confused about the whole idea of egos/IDs early on yesterday. Pretty much anyone who was reading the thread should have at least been able to come up with a general thought about what was going on. Plus, she made a (weak) case for lynching Sally, then disappeared and never said a thing during the whole Kingsley issue. Does anyone recall seeing Melinda lurking around during that time?

Alright all, after intense conference with my trusted allies, we have come to a decision: we would like everyone to claim their role and action in PM to either Helen or me. Those of you have claimed to one of us (Derek doesn't count) do not need to do so once again.

In case anyone has trouble trusting me, I'm a faith healer - the Magician. I saved Clarissa last night.

Interlude

12297138153_448cba633c_z.jpg

Melinda stands around, rummaging through Helen's hair, trying to see if her scalp is worthy of removal.

"Goddammit, Helen!" She yells. "Your hair is covered in grape seeds. What the fuck?!"

"Mind your business, Melinda. I don't need your sass today. I'm busy mourning the death of my 8th husband. A nice, rich, fellow he was."

Voting's been open for a bit.

Vote: Jeffrey Norris (jamesn)

This is a simple policy lynch: Lynch All Liars. Jeffrey now claims that he is the Skydiver and not the Evil Knight as he previously claimed. He says he's a third party, the survivor, that can win with the Town. I call megablocks. And while I think it's a valiant effort, I have to say I think it's the swan song of the Council.

That being said, I admit I think you had an uphill struggle with having to claim fake alter egos. This is not a normal part of Mafia games. In Steampunk, to metagame and conclude before the game has -which is rather unfair to the host - the Town tried to claim alter egos to draw the Scum out, which made me realize my error in not giving the Scum valid claims, so I forbid the Town from being able to do so. In the conclusion I said I would give them valid claims in the future so the story could play out despite the easier strategy.

That being said, I do think it put you in a difficult position to have to claim something and guess what would make safe claims. The host seemed to try to provide by making our PRs non-monstery. You made the gamble of claiming dead characters from the last Mafia game which seemed to work at first but in the long run didn't pay off. Our only clue that it was the lynchpin for our winning was when we caught Sally Scumba Scumface lying, which despite whatever challenges the setup provided, was an epic Scum lynch and we wouldn't have known it was the false claims that indicated the Scum unless we had caught the lies from Sally. But, my point-besides lynching Scumba and catching her lying was awesome and fun for us-was that I appreciate and respect the valiant effort made since then by the remaining Scum.

Jeffrey, trying to claim Survivor was a bold move and deserves nothing but respect. However, it's not enough for us to risk and the policy lynch must occur. We have to lynch you, you lying liar with your liar flaming pants on fiery fire.

:thumbup: Good game. I think the conclusion, to jump way ahead, will say that you guys fought a good fight with the cards you were dealt and we'll advise the host how to avoid the complication in the future, but also plenty of advice of how you might've been able to steer a better course towards victory with the hand that you were dealt.

Good night sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.