Ragnarök Now Redux - Day One

Day1Banner.png

This is the end...

1.jpg

The end of our elaborate plans...

2.jpg

The end of all that stands...

3.jpg

Harald stirred in his bed. As of late, Harald had been having the same dream, Ragnarök must truly be nigh, he thought.

4_zpsc0343011.jpg

At that moment, a great thundering echoed across the sky. Thor had arrived back at Valhalla.

5_zps8e7d725e.jpg

Odin had recently abandoned his position at Valhalla. Hearing rumours that Giants had started to enter Asgard, Odin sought to pursue them and investigate this pressing issue.

6_zps63e4e4ba.jpg

Overnight, the sentries outside Valhalla - Holti, Bolobus the Robust, Erling the Unlucky and Smior Dead-Man-Walking - had all been brutally slain. No doubt, this was the work of the vile servants of Loki...

7_zps298d8d5e.jpg

The normally boisterous einherjar began to hush as Thor entered the hall.

8_zpsdbec36b3.jpg

"My friends, Loki is at large once again. He has begun to gather all manner of creatures in preparation for Ragnarök. In addition, it has come to our attention that Loki has once again infiltrated Valhalla. His poisonous influence has already started to lead once mighty warriors astray.

9_zpsabe82707.jpg

"Odin and I shall do our best to find out who is responsible for this vicious attack on our sentries. All you need to do is sit tight, we can handle this. All you need to do is give us a week. Whatever you do, do not vote to kill someone every day while we're gone like last time..."

The einherjar sighed and begrudgingly agreed.

10_zps4c90047b.jpg

"But... you know, if you do want to do it again... I'd be up for it. I've been practising, and I think I'd make a pretty good player. I'm still kicking myself for not taking part last time...

11_zps108f1b6b.jpg

"Whilst Odin and I are away, Harald will be left in charge of Valhalla, because he was obviously not corrupted by Loki. I'm not sure why it's obvious, but it is."

12_zpsaa2d97ea.jpg

With that, Thor, accompanied by some of the finest einherjar in Valhalla, set out to put an end to Loki's vile scheming.

14_zps062f743d.jpg

Once Thor had left, the einherjar began to stir.

"What do we do now?" someone asked.

"We can't sit around here and wait for the traitors to pick us off one by one!" another anguished.

"Won't someone think of the children?" another cried.

15_zpsad1ce312.jpg

Harald jumped onto his seat and attempted to calm his brethren down.

"Fear not, everyone. Odin has everything under control. He will be back soon, and the traitors will be punished accordingly."

18_zpsb7be1982.jpg

"But what about Holti, Bolobos, Erling and Smior?" one einherjar asked, "they were murdered by the servants of Loki in cold blood."

"Actually, we can just revive them if we want. The servants of Loki forgot to steal Sæhrímnir the boar this time. One bite of the boar and our slain friends will be back to full health."

19_zps90d9415b.jpg

"Boooo!" the einherjar began to shout.

"That's no fun!" one warrior yelled.

"Yeah, why couldn't they have stolen the boar?" another asked.

"It was too big. It would've put our backs out," a Servant of Loki replied.

"We wanna play mafia!"

17_zps39629ae1.jpg

"Fine," Harald sighed, "The boar is now off-limits until the Servants of Loki have been eliminated. Let's play some mafia!"

20_zpsc0c51e67.jpg

Players

Non-Playable Characters:

Haral_zps9ccef917.png Harald

Thor_zps94b74664.png Thor

Players (22):

Finn_zps1ff09b16.pngFinn the Squinter (fhomess)

Mursi_zps836fc336.pngChief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock)

Canut_zps4be7c644.pngCanute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

Wary_zps6a0e973d.pngWary the Black (Waterbrick Down)

Pat_zpscb26adaf.pngPatrekr the Red (Palathadric)

Willy_zps5a664a10.pngWilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang)

Rurik_zps2d96d0ec.pngRurik the Bastard (Rick)

Snotra_zpsab3b0fb0.pngSnotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot)

Foog_zps36dec441.pngGofraid the Foog (Fugazi)

Helga_zps0ce6d47c.pngHelga Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

Lefsi_zps30385d9a.pngLefsi Red-Shirt (LegoDad)

Mist_zps29ca5e37.pngMist (Mencot)

Sigri_zps17e8f2da.pngSigrid (Sisco)

Dagst_zpsbc99ded3.pngDagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon)

Tumi_zps2dca5733.jpgTumi "Tumius Aximus" (Trumpetking)

Dufa_zpsdcdd71ff.pngDufa the Godless (def)

Chlod_zpseb5d9d3a.pngChlodochar (Captain Genaro)

Boi_zps449f3e2c.pngBaulf (Bob)

Petr_zps5bc78568.pngPetr Half-Troll (Piratedave84)

Kolgr_zps31f7f812.pngKolgrima the Deep-Minded (Kristel)

Naemr_zpsbefd0c07.pngNaemr Sledgehammer (Captain Nemo)

Jarni_zpsc6d7aff6.pngJarni Child-Sparer (jamesn)

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Einherjar or the Servants of Loki. To win the game, the Einherjar must kill off all the Servants of Loki, while the Servants of Loki must outnumber the Einherjar. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post on three separate occasions will result in a mod-kill.

9. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

Wait. The finest einherjar are accompanying Thor? Why aren't I going with them?? I am damn fine.

Bah. Reminds me of the time me and Dagor Deer-Face went to go slay the mighty Borulf the Greater of Canada. I got left behind while the traitorous bastard went to go find Canada.

I said it was south, but he insisted the way was north. Never heard from him again. The moral of the story is, always go south when I damn well tell you to.

What were we doing again?

"Murder games. Mostly."

That reminds me of the time me and Darog Deer-Face when to go slay the mighty Borulf the Lesser of Iceland.

That reminds me of the time me and Darog Deer-Face when to go slay the mighty Borulf the Lesser of Iceland.

"I know I am going to regret asking, but what was the game part?"

"I know I am going to regret asking, but what was the game part?"

I crammed a handful of checkers pieces down his throat to defeat him, obviously.

Hear me, for I am Baulf! We shall prevail over any Servants of Loki and their vile traitorous ways.

So have I spoken, this is a decree that I hold to the death!

"You are already dead."

If we hold to this logic, the entire game is ruined.

Clearly I meant to the death, again.

Curse Loki and his vile scum. No doubt a group of worthless viking imitators. Never fear worthy einherjar, the servants of Loki will be caught and brought to answer for their treachery against Wodanaz. Oh, that's right, you "vikings" call him Odin.

I see some dishes before me but no food. What kind of warrior goes to battle plays mafia games on an empty stomach? Come! Someone, bring me my meal!

Loki, you hear me! Curse you and your scummy dirt to hell! We will not let your treacherous actions to slip our judgement. Punishment await you!

Oh, now we are going to play mafia among ourselves...

I love the smell of smoked boar in the morning. Smoked boar equals Victory! We need some defiant Viking emoticons here.

"And I spend all day making the stuffing for that damn thing, too. Oh well, Mafia on!"

What malady afflicts you that you must speak in quotes like that? It reminds me of the curse that befell Alrik of the Tiger's Lightning, but that only affected his pronunciation of names for some reason. Let's boil some cow urine and see if that cures you.

Wait. The finest einherjar are accompanying Thor? Why aren't I going with them?? I am damn fine.

Bah. Reminds me of the time me and Dagor Deer-Face went to go slay the mighty Borulf the Greater of Canada. I got left behind while the traitorous bastard went to go find Canada.

I said it was south, but he insisted the way was north. Never heard from him again. The moral of the story is, always go south when I damn well tell you to.

What were we doing again?

:hmpf: Let's not start this Canada debate again. It's just a silly myth! There is no such place.

What malady afflicts you that you must speak in quotes like that? It reminds me of the curse that befell Alrik of the Tiger's Lightning, but that only affected his pronunciation of names for some reason. Let's boil some cow urine and see if that cures you.

"It's called roleplaying, ya nerd."

"It's called roleplaying, ya nerd."

I don't get it. What type of "role" says everything in quotes? That's not a personality trait, it's just typography. I'm boiling the cow urine. I think that'll fix your "roleplaying".

Let it be known, that after a long vacation, the towniest of towns (Valhallaests of Valhallans?) has returned. Shall we get at the business of ridding the afterlife of those scummy scoundrels that would serve the God of Mischief? Scum, we will be taking you out one after another. But, if you like, you can simply poop in your shorts now, and we can call the game over.

I don't get it. What type of "role" says everything in quotes? That's not a personality trait, it's just typography. I'm boiling the cow urine. I think that'll fix your "roleplaying".

"I'm currently playing the role of an angry housewife. The quotes are to make it clear that this is what I am saying. I am actually a ruthless dick."

"Won't someone think of the children?" another cried.

Children? What children? We need to make some children!

I am actually a ruthless dick.

A private eye who will stop at nothing, eh? You might come in handy!

"I'm currently playing the role of an angry housewife. The quotes are to make it clear that this is what I am saying. I am actually a ruthless dick."

It's clear it's you talking without the quotes. Actually, the quotes make it look like you're quoting someone else. We know it's you talking because there's a picture of you next to your words. Do you see it? It's here:

<------- That's me, Helga Pudding-Head.

I'll be boiling ox urine. Or was it cow urine? I can't remember which one is which. I may have to go collect more. That's the fun part. :grin:

It's clear it's you talking without the quotes. Actually, the quotes make it look like you're quoting someone else. We know it's you talking because there's a picture of you next to your words. Do you see it? It's here:

<------- That's me, Helga Pudding-Head.

I'll be boiling ox urine. Or was it cow urine? I can't remember which one is which. I may have to go collect more. That's the fun part. :grin:

"Listen chump. I'll be deciding for myself wether or not I'll be putting what I say in quotes or not."

"Listen chump. I'll be deciding for myself wether or not I'll be putting what I say in quotes or not."

I can't speak for everyone, but I am very impressed with your ability to choose.

*Stirs cow urine*

It's just simmering...

Chill out. I'm not sure what ox urine is supposed to solve. Have some 'shrooms and let's catch those bloody servants of Loki.

"And I spend all day making the stuffing for that damn thing, too. Oh well, Mafia on!"

That's what... nevermind. :blush:

While I was alive at the time of the first Ragnarok, I'm dead now (Lightning took me down, though I thought that conformation dinner yesterday came in a close second!), and ready to help rid this wonderous place of Loki servants!

While some of you know each other, don't consider all of us newly dead people evil; I may not know ye, but I'm going to do my best to help defend us Einherjar from the real evils.

With that, Thor, accompanied by some of the finest einherjar in Valhalla, set out to put an end to Loki's vile scheming.

What the devil is going on here. I am supposed to be in that party! Some of those suckers didn't even live to defeat the servants of Loki last time!

"It was too big. It would've put our backs out," a Servant of Loki replied.

Clearly the Servants of Loki are the less manly among us if they couldn't take the boar with them. This should be simple. Manly men, stand to the right, unmanly folk to the left and please keep your swords up.

While I was alive at the time of the first Ragnarok, I'm dead now (Lightning took me down, though I thought that conformation dinner yesterday came in a close second!), and ready to help rid this wonderous place of Loki servants!

While some of you know each other, don't consider all of us newly dead people evil; I may not know ye, but I'm going to do my best to help defend us Einherjar from the real evils.

Hmm...you do look quite manly, but fake beards can be worn to hide unmanliness. Others, like Wary, are clearly unmanly sporting the smallest beard imaginable. Who's he trying to imitate? Loki or something?

Chill out. I'm not sure what ox urine is supposed to solve. Have some 'shrooms and let's catch those bloody servants of Loki.

Boiled ox urine is medicinal, of course. :hmpf:

Clearly the Servants of Loki are the less manly among us if they couldn't take the boar with them. This should be simple. Manly men, stand to the right, unmanly folk to the left and please keep your swords up.

*punch* And where should the manly woman stand?? :hmpf_bad:

I don't see where anyone has said any such thing Naemr Sledgehammer. Seems a might odd that you would be defending yourself before anyone accuses you of anything. Quilt conscious?

Oh, I'm talking in character, should I put it in quotes? No. Absolutely not. :tongue: Never.