Precious Jazz

Official site now up for Lego Star Wars video-game

Hi

i played that game at the consumer electronics show in las vegas

it is kinda neat yet it can be really weird to control the character.

personally i enjoyed playing it.

The site doesn't show much, but still cool!

Looks like a fun game for kids.

Anyone else think LEGO should take a lesson from Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon and start putting exclusive minifigs in their packages? I mean, think about it - 'Star Wars: Episode I: The Game: In LEGO' would sell a hell of a lot better if there was a little note under it reading 'EXCLUSIVE QUEEN AMIDALA LEGO FIGURE!' or the like.

That way, it appeals to both markets - the gullible, easy-to-please kiddy gaming market and the hardcore SW LEGO TFOL/AFOLs.

While I think it's very un-lego-ish to use such a dark-side, shallow marketing ploy... it just might work.

I would think that it would work very well, remember that lego is a toy and business is business.

The more I read and hear about this game, the more excited I get. It really does look like it might be very special indeed. And it could bring a lot of attention and new people to Star Wars Lego, which is definitely a good thing.

Does anyone have a link to some video clips of the game? ign.com has got some but you have to be a paying subscriber to see them :(

(hello all, by the way - Im new here!!)

Andy.

Welcome here ! Fbtb used to have some video clip, but I doubt it will com back :/

thanks! but after looking again at IGN, Ive realised that its only the Quicktime versions of the videos that require you to be a subscriber. The Windows Media versions can be downloaded by anyone! Not sure if this is intentional or a mistake on their part, but Im not complaining :)

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/694/694419/vids_1.html

in the one called "Versus R2D2", there's a minfig version of Taun We! brilliant.

Lego did include an exclusive biker guy and trike in the lego construction town video game at least 4 years ago. So it could happen again, but probably not.

When seeing the clips I realize that the cool enviroments

will bring good ideas to create new nice moc

Lego did include an exclusive biker guy and trike in the lego construction town video game at least 4 years ago.

Well if Lego have given figures away with games before, maybe they will with this too. At least I hope they do ;)

It looks pretty cool! I'm looking forward to seeing all the ships and minifigs that Lego haven't made yet, such as the Taun We in that other clip we saw, and the Trade Federation ship landing it that traler. I think this will be the first Lego game that I'll buy.

Same here - even though Im not a massive fan of the prequels I'll be getting this game the day it comes out, just because it looks so well done :) I love the little bits of humour as well, like where Obi-Wan was shaking his lightsaber because it wouldnt work.

But yeah it'll be really interesting to see all the minifigs and ships that havent been actually made. Hopefully Lego will think about producing all of them if the game does really well ;)

It looks pretty cool! I'm looking forward to seeing all the ships and minifigs that Lego haven't made yet, such as the Taun We in that other clip we saw, and the Trade Federation ship landing it that traler. I think this will be the first Lego game that I'll buy.

And maybe we'll get an Episode 1 Queen Amidala.

There are some nice concept images in that folder. Look at this pit droid, it looks alot better than the one that came with the Mos espa podrace. I hope Lego release some of the figs that are in the game, I would love to get Amidala.

Jon.