Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Who is the best actor in the "new" generation ???

New generation best actor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. New generation best actor

• Johnny Depp
    • Christian Bale
    • Brad Pitt
    • Edouard Norton
    • Nicholas Cage
    • Russel Crowe
    • Tom Cruise
    • Tim Robbins
    • Clive Owen
    • Other (please specify)

Guys, who do you think is the best actor within this list ???? If you voted other, please specify ;)

I intentionnally left out great actors such as Robert De Niro, Al Pacino (...), I wanted a "newer generation" :-D , and I aslo left out comedians.

Here, you have basically my top list !!!!! Arghhhhhh I really cant even answer my own pole !!!! Looooooool

EDIT: it was quite difficult to make a list, so I had to left great actors out !!!

I voted Depp because he really absorbs his character. However, Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are fantastic in Fight Club (albeit in not much else). Matt Thewlis (sp?) is good in Kingdom of Heaven and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm a huge fan of Tim Robbins in War of the Worlds and The Shawshank Redemption. Christian Bale is ok in Batman Begins, but not much else. Mickey Rourke was incredible in Sin City, so I think he deserves a spot on the poll (rather than Clive Own, perhaps, who was substandard in same). Contrary to popular belief, I think a lot of the 'new generation' actors are great (Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, etc. are still legends, though ;)).

Finally I voted for Depp !!!!! He is astounding in all his performances !!!!!!!!!! I would have to say his best role was in "Benny and June" !!!!!

I really love Bale's performances in "Equilibrium" and especially "The Projectionnist" !!!!!!

I included Clive Owen because of his magnificant diction and voice !!!! (OK thats personnal though).

Russel Crowe is also oustanding in "The insider" !!!!!!!

Finnally I included Nicholas Cage for his brilliant role in "leaving Las Vegas" !!!!!!

I don't watch many newer movies. I don't care for the things hollywood produces lately or in the last 50 years for that matter.

If I had to pick someone though I think Sean Astin is a really good actor. He never plays top roles or heroes but he always does a great job and makes his characters believable.

Depp is too odd for me but if I had to pick one of the list provided I would choose him.

Other: Hayden Christensen

I lot of you don't like him but I thought he did a good job *glasses*

I just think Crowe is great, all the anger he has, he used In Gladiator (one of my favorite movies), and yes The Insider was he great.

Oh and there was an movie with Meg Ryan (*twisted*) where crowe should save her husbond. I like that movie also :)

Russel is an great actor, and thrower of telephones, i just dont jope he goes to prison...

and and lets not forget L.A. Confidential ;)

If I had to pick someone though I think Sean Astin is a really good actor. He never plays top roles or heroes but he always does a great job and makes his characters believable.

Didn't he play a 'top role' & a 'hero' in "Rudy"... sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

I voted for Depp, because he was OUTSTANDING in Pirates of the Carribean... as well as Finding Neverland... he is a great character actor, and the best on that list...

Life is Good.

I voted Johnny Deep as well!

And, I had in mind both of the films that Ed posted, I really enjoyed his perfomance as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean, he was so funny! :-D

Jon.

i voted for cruise. i like depp he nearly always turns out a good performance. but i think criuse has done some great film's "the firm, interview with a vampire, rain man, top gun, a few good men, the colour of money, born on the forth of july and even jerry maguire. the list of great films this guy has done is endless, but i have to say that he has had the honour of working with some of the best actors in the buisness.

Perhaps I should have said "rarely" instead. :$ Never/always statements are a good way to get in trouble. I understand your point though.

Picking a best actor is really just picking an actor in all a persons best liked movies sometimes I think.

Define "new generation"

In this list I mostly see actors that became popular 15-20 years ago. Then there's Christian Bale who has only become popular in the past 5 years... (unless there's something I missing) There seems to be a far newer generaetion which he's from. Afterall he's 10 or more years younger than most of them.

Wow, I voted for Depp too without of seing your posts...

Second of my choice would be Cruise and third Tim Robbins, I somehow just like this guy...

Hmm. I voted Depp before seeing your posts also.

Other close ones are Crowe and Bale.

So many went for Depp. I voted Pitt.

No offense, I loved him as Jack Sparrow (can

I didn't see other. I would have said Sean Bean (Or is it Sean Been?), Because he is, as n00bs owuld put it, teh pwns. The Second choice, of course, is Jhonny Depp, who is an outstanding actor.

Johnny Depp!!!!!

He was awsome in both Pirates of the Caribbean and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory........

I voted Crowe. Gladiator. Seen it a hundred times.

Don't even think that Cruise should be on the "new" generation actors list *wacko* He has been around for ages.

Same has Cage. :$

BUT. Also seen "Pirates of .. " a hundred time so *wacko* And Deep is wonderfull.