Sign in to follow this  
snefroe

star wars tv-series

perhaps some of you know this already, but Lucas has confirmed the creation of a star wars tv series

1) one tv-series is the clone wars cartoons, which already seems to exist

2) live action based series, taking place between ep3 and ep4; 100, 1-hour, episodes; he will direct 1st season; based on spinoff character; it seems he's going to write the entire season as one story

Thanks snefroe1 for this info ;)

Do we have more info on the "live" series: cast, air date...

I'm really looking for this, hopefully I will have it on DVD before its going to be aired in France (if not, I'll wait for a lonnnng time ;) )

Thanks snefroe1 for this info ;)

Do we have more info on the "live" series: cast, air date...

I'm really looking for this, hopefully I will have it on DVD before its going to be aired in France (if not, I'll wait for a lonnnng time ;) )

i think you're a bit too fast, Master Yoda... there is no release date, cast,... yet to my knoledge... Usually, we have to wait 2-3 years in Belgium before a season of any american series is being broadcast. i don't think it's going to be different this time... dvd's, you say... that's probably not going to happen within the next couple of years... however, many copy these episodes through illegal channels...

Lucas also indicated there could be a 6-7 disc box set with the 6 films, plus possibly a disc with extras... i wouldn't be happy with that. I already have the 4 disc box set of ep 4,5,6

it also opens a window for TLC. a lincense after 2007 might be interesting as well...

I've seen that the clone wars cartoon is coming out in DVD at the end of the month, yeahhhh ;)

When I was asking for the air date, I meant in the US, because is more or less like Belgium for that matter. So, approximately 1 year after the air date in the US, they will issue the DVD and BINGO, we'll have it before its even aired in Europe *satis*

I do hope that we will see Vader in the tv series hunting down the remaining jedi that are out there, that would be so cool. As for when we see it well lucas takes ages just to do a 2hr film so god knows how long it will take him to do a whole season.

to be honest, i really doubt we'll get to see vader, or any other main character at all... i think they will focus on the sory of individuals, not so much on the big theme of these films. the general story will probably be the fight of indivdual rebels against the empire...

Here's some crap any monkey could dredge up from TheForce.net, but today I am that monkey.

http://www.theforce.net/celebration/story/...ia_QA_91615.asp

C3: More from George Lucas at Media Q&A

Posted By Britany on April 23, 2005

At the end of his presentation, George Lucas took part in a media Q&A backstage. Miguel sends in the highlights:

• The all digital version is longer, I believed he metioned a dagobah scene in that version but not in the regular theatrical version.
  • He confirmed 2 TV projects: One is continuing with the Clone Wars cartoons and the other is the live action series.
  • Another box set is in the works: Looks like a 6 disc box set with all episodes 1-6. Possibly a 7th disc, maybe with deleted scenes from the original trilogy. He was asked if he would be changing things again in the movies, prequels or original. He replied that everything is the way he wants them now. As far as the rumored super archival edition due out in 2007 on super hi-def dvd, there is no truth to that.
  • He really wants to rerelease the OT back in to theatres via the new 3-D technology.
  • No episodes 7, 8, 9.

i got it from movieweb.com but they probably took it from theforce.net...

not sure how reliable this all is, but i have no reason to be suspicious about the authenticity...

Here's some more from TheForce.Net

Aayla Secura Talks Star Wars TV Series

Posted By Britany on April 25, 2005

Justin met Amy Allen, who plays Aayla Secura, at Celebration III over the weekend:

I met Amy on Saturday and got her autograph and the usual conversation. I asked her about her status in ROTS. She said that she does not die and that she is "hoping that George will call her, in regards to the television series" and that they have briefly discussed a role for her. Whether that is a starring role, or a supporting role, Aayla Secura is mostly confirmed to be a character in the new series.

IESB has confirmed that "Jay and Silent Bob" brainchild Kevin Smith will indeed be involved in the forthcoming live-action "Star Wars" TV Series.

According to the site, "Kevin's involvement will be in the writing and directing of at least a three episode story arch."

The abovementioned site also caught up with Smith's regular co-star Jason Mewes at the "House of Wax" premiere and discovered Smith was also lucky enough to see "Revenge of the Sith" this week.

The good news?.... drumroll....Smith said the film is "amazing", just as grand as "The Empire Strikes Back", regarded by many as not only the finest of the "Star Wars" films but one of the slickest flicks of all the time.

"He said it's really dark....he likes it a lot", says Mewes. "He said it's as good as Empire...[but] a lot darker than Empire".

Oh man i hope kevins assesment of ep3 is indeed that good, im so looking forward to the film now.

As for the new series well i wonder what it could be?? perhaps a young adventures of han solo and chewie? or a young luke series? or a perhaps something with r2 and c3po?

could be about the fight of the rebel pilots on a small moon, desperately trying to keep the empire of their back...

I heard that it was something to do with Anakin solo and he lost the Milenium Falcon in some bet,.. I think

Maybye we'll see Han! And sidestory about Chewie's slavery! Maybye Boba Stuff! And I do hope Aayla's in it... :(

If it is pre Episode IV I'd like to see the events between Episode III and IV, particularly concern Mr Vader.

Obi Wan's speech in Episode IV and the first Episode III Trailier: "A young Jedi named Darth Vader who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights" doesn't seem to properly relate to the story of Episode III. If not in Epiosde III, when did Vader hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights? Sure he helped Palpatine to knock Mace Windu off and had a failing attempt at Obi Wan, but it was mainly the Clone Troopers after order 66 was executed who destroyed the Jedi. Rather disappointing I thought.

I want answers. I want them in this upcoming series. And I want them NOW!!!

From what i know most of the big name jedi get killed off in the movie, but im sure some would of managed to escape. The one thing ive always wanted to see was vader hunting the jedi, how cool would it be.

I would of been happy to see it in a cartoon form but a live action version would be unbelieveable just imagine it, a show that is seen from the empires point of view.

From what I've mentioned Aayla Secura survives... I could list all the Jedi that meet their demise on screen in Episode III, but I can't be bothered right now.

I hope she does but from what ive seen i dont think she does, it would be cool to see the empire hunting her though.

Yes, we need to see Vader help the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi to give Obi Wan's little rant to Luke some credibility.

But after seeing Young Indiana Jones I'm doubting this new spin off series will be anything overly exciting. I really do hope I'm very very wrong though.

Yeah that show sucked, if the series is done right it could be one of the best ideas ever. Perhaps if Vader is in it they could show him questioning his own desicions and show his inner emotions to add to lukes little rant about how theres still good in him.

Yes, this series has a lot of potential, however, it could quite easily be disasterous and I'm leaning more towards the disater side. At best it will probably be just "OK".

It would be really good if this series solvedall the discrepencies and questions left unanswered in Episode III. Baring in mind that a TV series would have a much more limited bugdet. Focusing on Vader questioning his own desicions and showing his inner emotions (regardless of how emotionless he appears to be) would be an interesting and intelligent way to continue the story without relying on constant visual effects. But seeing him hunt down and wipe out the remaining Jedi wouldn't go astray either...

There are alot of good shows out there that have a limited budget, for me it will be about the story telling.

They could also show more of the tranformation visually of the clonetroopers to stormtroopers, not to metion that they could throw in a young boba fett helping to track the jedi down.

Indeed there are a lot of good shows with limited budgets. However the nature of Star Wars dictates that its expected to have many visual effects. When on a limited budget these effects are either used sparingly and/or don't look too impressive.

I' too would like to see a heavier emphasis on the story telling. It would be good to see the evolution of the Clone Troopers into Storm Troopers and the space and war craft into how they appear in the Original Trilogy.