So, this is my entry. Porsche 550 Spyder. While 911 GT3 RS is latest racing car maked by Porsche, my dream Porsche - is first of racing Porsches.

28435622491_ec5e132bb5_c.jpg

28435622981_f669d164c6_c.jpg

Features:

- 7:1 scale;

- front MacPherson suspension with all that kingpin inclination, Ackerman geometry and caster angle;

- rear suspension is trailing arms, almost like original, but in my version here's no lateral torsion bar, just ordinary shock absorbers. At least it looks like original);

- 4+N manual gearbox;

- fake flat 4 engine with fan;

- openable doors, hood and engine cover;

- some interior details.

28435620981_2381318d01_c.jpg

27897029694_dc26d61a7a_c.jpg

Parts choice may look weird, it's all because i just don't have LBG panels. I have enough white panels, but not enough white beams for that scale. I messed up with proportions while building, but it's my first scale model... and it's hard to make car, that looks like real. Now i clearly understand it)

Belly shot, if someone interested.

28435621761_254bd44b8d_c.jpg

All pictures are clickable for higher resolution.

Link to WIP topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137025

FLICKR album, there's a few more shots: https://flic.kr/s/aHskzstGF2

Thanks for reading, i hope you enjoy it somehow)

Edited by Victor Imaginator

Nice work! I think you did a good job of making a very curvy car with angular pieces. I'm not a fan of the front as i think it looks a little messy though

Cool! Looks nice, but I find the gearbox a little messy. Or maybe it's because you wanted to make the gearbox flatter. Nice job, but I seriously hope you meant 1:7 scale rather than 7:1 (that would be one MASSIVE car...)

Thanks for your comments)

TheMindGarage, yes, I needed to fit gearbox into very thin 3 studs high frame. You may find details in WIP topic. Also I moved 24-8 gears pair to rear axle, because Z24 gear was too low. And yes, I mean that scale 7 times smaller than real car)

Amazing car! Great job on the realistic suspension and I love the looks!

Great Job Victor. :thumbup: Though the front may look a bit messy, I'd say that it is part of the technic feel. Indeed my favorite part is the front and rear suspension setup. Simple but functional solutions (reminds me the suspension setups of the MPS by Sheepo)

I like how this was done with (very) minimal paneling, the one thing bothering me is that the pillar for the windshield is not at an angle. Otherwise, this a terrific car.

Jonfensu, thanks) Yes, front looks a bit mess. But, as you said, it looks very technic.

Leonardo da Bricki, thanks) I don't find better solution to hold white axles in that shape. Here's many compromises between looks, rigidity and cleaner building techniques. At least I learned a lot about scale models, while building)

What a beast! I really like the finished version. It's a little bit 'busy' (I don't think it's quite messy) in the front part, but I understand how difficult it is with limited pieces. The back has a nice flow to it, and I like the colour. Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks to all who liked my model) Sad, but I'm not a winner this time. Anyway, before I disassemble my 550 - anybody need instructions? I can make reverse photo sequence for bodywork and LXF for chassies.

Thanks to all who liked my model) Sad, but I'm not a winner this time. Anyway, before I disassemble my 550 - anybody need instructions? I can make reverse photo sequence for bodywork and LXF for chassies.

I would be interested, especially in the chassis. Not to build, but as a source of inspiration.

Too bad (really bad) that you are not a semifinalist. You have the "Overall coolness and originality" (getting the shape without using panels or flex axles is different and hard to do) "Technic feel", "Functionality" (getting and building your own suspension setup is not easy, but you did it. Something I don't get is how 2 or 3 semifinalist don't have realistic suspension and a gearbox, and they are not PF, they are just looks) and "Understanding of the Porsche brand design" (Though the car doesn't resembles perfectly to the original due lack of pieces as you said, you eally caught and Understood the Porsche classic design)

About instructions or digital model... Yes, would be nice to study your car :thumbup:

Too bad (really bad) that you are not a semifinalist. You have the "Overall coolness and originality" (getting the shape without using panels or flex axles is different and hard to do) "Technic feel", "Functionality" (getting and building your own suspension setup is not easy, but you did it. Something I don't get is how 2 or 3 semifinalist don't have realistic suspension and a gearbox, and they are not PF, they are just looks) and "Understanding of the Porsche brand design" (Though the car doesn't resembles perfectly to the original due lack of pieces as you said, you eally caught and Understood the Porsche classic design)

About instructions or digital model... Yes, would be nice to study your car :thumbup:

@Jonfensu, you have been 'on' the Porsche contest all the time with knowledgeable posts and responses. It's nice to see that someone like you sees the qualities of this entry.

I second every word of the above.

Instructions are done.

Here's parts list (1910 total):

29415124101_2c55204c12_c.jpg

29415124001_3b36437d06_c.jpg

29460939176_932be874d9_c.jpg

Instructions available as my FLICKR album or as small sized (~30 Mb) PDF on Mediafire

I never planned to sell instructions, but if you enjoy it somehow and wish to reward me - you can donate something

I tried to make this instruction not so easy, but clear and fun to follow, if you think that i can improve or change something, i'm open to any suggestions and critics.

Have a nice building (or just watching/reading).

I think this build is worth a second look anyway, although it´s totally missing curvy shapes - mission impossible with square LBG bricks, as you admitted yourself. But if to consider the parts count while looking at the very clean underbelly – it´s a great model :thumbup: ! Thanks for sharing!

Building this amazing Porsche was a great idea, congrats' :thumbup:

I think you did it very well, using motorbike wheels fit well to the model :wink: