Sign in to follow this  
Pvt13

AoM House phase 1: House of herbs.

Somewhere on the edge of Loksvika, near the woods, lives the Herbsman. He is the closest thing to a healer they have in Loksvika, and it is said he speaks with the old gods themselves.

At his house is where we find Bjorr, urging the Herbsman to come to Edd's place to cure him of his illness.

Bjorr: "I bring bad news, Edd has been stung by some plague ridden mosquito and..."

Herbsman: " This news is no news to me, the Gods have shown it to me, who did it and how, but not how it ends. I have prepared a potion and we should leave at once if we are to save your friend."

Bjorr: " I..., who? You mean someone...?"

Herbsman: " I will tell you on the way, I see you brought your cart, good, we'll need it."

IMG_20160624_123930.jpg

a1857d76-8807-4099-8f3e-5d8e9bb03643.jpg

IMG_20160624_114844.jpg

IMG_20160624_114838.jpg

IMG_20160624_115029.jpg

I see I forgot to take a picture of one of the sides of the hut, it has a window in it, will post it tomorrow as it's dark now.

Hope you enjoy it and C&C is welcome!

Nicely done, I really like the decoration over the door way. The vegetation also works well with the MOC.

Neat build, Nice vegetation and I like the fact that you put the House at an angle

Thanks guys, I'm still struggling with how to incorporate more techniques. I tend to just build around problems I come across :p, any suggestions on how to get more creative with bricks?

I like the rounded walls that give the hut such a unique shape :thumbup: Good to see you included a furnished interior too.

I find that looking at other castle MOCs provides me with plenty of inspiration for designs and builds in general :classic:

Good work on the irregular shape of the wall and the matching roof, for that matter. :thumbup: The herbsman is a very nice figure and the vegetation is fitting. It could use some extra tiles on the interior, imo. One point of critisism: the use of (light) tan for the ground is maybe a little inappropriate for the Mitguardian setting. I'd go for dark tan, earth green and dark/light bley.

Thanks guys, I'm still struggling with how to incorporate more techniques. I tend to just build around problems I come across :p, any suggestions on how to get more creative with bricks?

Sure, there are loads of challenges, many of which I still need to try, too. Natural curves (i.e. for a dragon body, foothill or pack of snow), motion-capture (i.e. explosion, flying object, minifig action scene), weird angles (i.e. roof of a house, rock face), incorporating functions, decorative base, just to name a few examples. Happy building! :wink:

Great little build, the rounded walls of the hut look really nice :thumbup: The cloth door, interior details, and vegetation are excellent as well :classic:

Good use of the old round wall technique. I thibk the thatched roof could use a bit more texture but im being nitpicky.

Nice hut! Clever use of that cape for the entrance. The roof is maybe a bit flat. Without a slight angle, the rain probably run inside the house!

Nice little roundhouse, the fabric works well as an entrance screen. I agree with what others are saying about the roof being too flat. By building up the wall a brick or so on one side, you could probably get a decent slant on it that would look more natural.