268 replies to this topic

#26 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostScubacarrot, on 18 May 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

"Excuse me, Count Shadeaux, I assume? May I have a word with you?"

The guards turn and block Guts' way to the count.

"Not a step further!" the other guard says.

Posted Image

Count Shadeaux's interest is however piqued.

"Mmm, an interruption to my nightly walk? How... refreshing", the count muses. "State your buziness, strangeur, but be mindful about who you are talking tu. I know every trick in ze book."

What will Guts say?

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#27 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Whimiscal To The Extreme

Member: 21005

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

"No need to be alarmed, guardsman, I wish the Count no harm."

Guts waves the guards down, and then continues:

"I, and my two apprentices here, are clerics of Mercutio, as you might have gathered. Our Pilgrimage has brought us here to Eubric, to see the Cathedral of Commerce, The Fountain of Three Gods, and of course this place, the Grove of the Forsaken. Now, I'll get to the point, as you might be aware, tonight is the Night of Success, a holy day, well night actually, dedicated to Mercutio. It is said that he who drinks a rare wine blessed by Mercutio's followers, under the night sky, shall have increased luck for the coming year. Well, let's just say Mercutio's following is... interested in House Shadeaux doing well, if you get my meaning..."

Guts presents the Wine, and adds:

"It would be our honour."

Posted Image

#28 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Count Shadeaux laughs heartily.

Posted Image
"Du you take me for a fou? I cannot even remembeur 'ow many times someone 'as tried to poizon me. Mais c'est la vie! Guards, kill zem."

The count leaves the two guards to face the party, vanishing into the shadows of the trees himself.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

Posted ImageShadeaux Elite Guard Athos
Type: Humanoid
Level: 10
Health: 119/119
Special: Hide In Shadows – Changes all 3’s and 4’s rolled against the Elite Guard into a MISS for the next turn.
Drops: 50 gold
Posted ImageShadeaux Elite Guard Borthos
Health: 119/119
Special: Hide In Shadows – Changes all 3’s and 4’s rolled against the Elite Guard into a MISS for the next turn.

Party:

Posted ImageDak Shadeaux (played by Darth Nihilus)
Level 11½ Rogue
Power: 21 (16 for ranged attacks)
Health: 17/17
Gold: 6
Inventory: Mockthril Knife (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Bedroll, Shovel
Posted ImageDyric Rone (played by The Legonater)
Level 12 Rogue *Lucky*
Power: 22 (16 for ranged attacks)
Health: 19/19
Gold: 344
Inventory: Double Chain Whip (WP: 10), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Smelling Salts  
Posted ImageGuts Holla (played by Scubacarrot) *Party Leader*
Level 14½ Rogue *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Lucky*
Power: 26 52 (22 44 for ranged attacks)
Health: 20/20
Gold: 72
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:12, ice-elemental, attacks restore 3 health), Throwing Knife (WP:8, ranged, light-elemental, retrievable), Beholder's Eye (allows one round of battle to be replayed per quest), 2 Grand Potions, 5 Meads, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smelling Salts,  Bedroll, Shovel, Diluted Potion (quest item)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

#29 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

"Sod it, it worked fine against the Orcish Mage, back in Carthago... Perhaps I'm getting old, after all..."

Guts unsheathed his sword, the blade making a sound of cold iron as it escapes it's metal sheath, in the otherwise fairly quiet night, the sound is almost greedy. Guts got in position, and prepared himself to charge at Shadeaux Elite Guard Athos, from the front row, twice.

Battle order:
Guts
Guts
Dak
Dyric

Posted Image

#30 The Legonater

The Legonater

• Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past

Member: 8515

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

I have another French term for you. En passant!

I attack Athos from the front row with my chain whip.

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis

#31 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

"Dammit, Guts, can we go anywhere without you making someone try to kill us? Ah well, taste lightning, bastards! I'll take Borthos, from the front row, with my knife!"
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#32 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Results of Round One of the Shadeaux Elite Guard Battle:
Guts vs. Athos - Miss/Shield (Mug)
Guts vs. Athos - Damage/Critical Hit
Dak vs. Borthos - Hit
Dyric vs. Borthos - Shield (Mug)/Damage

As the battle against the two guards commences, Guts delivers a flurry of attacks against the one called Athos. First the rogue mugs the guard, dealing a whopping 100 damage and gaining 100 gold from the strike, and then he finishes his opponent off with a critical hit that causes 76 damage. Dak hits the other guard for 21 damage, and Dyric follows by mugging Borthos for 42 damage and an equal amount of gold.

Only one enemy remains, so the battle continues automatically.

Enemies:

Posted ImageShadeaux Elite Guard Borthos
Health: 56/119

Party:

Level 11½ Rogue
Power: 21 (16 for ranged attacks)
Health: 17/17
Inventory: Mockthril Knife (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Bedroll, Shovel
Level 12 Rogue *Lucky*
Gold: 386
Inventory: Double Chain Whip (WP: 10), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Smelling Salts  
Level 14½ Rogue *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Lucky*
Power: 26 52 (22 44 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 172
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:12, ice-elemental, attacks restore 3 health), Throwing Knife (WP:8, ranged, light-elemental, retrievable), Beholder's Eye (allows one round of battle to be replayed per quest), 2 Grand Potions, 5 Meads, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smelling Salts,  Bedroll, Shovel, Diluted Potion (quest item)

Results of Round Two of the Shadeaux Elite Guard Battle:
Guts vs. Borthos - Shield (Mug)/Miss
Guts vs. Borthos - Miss/Critical Hit
Dak vs. Borthos - Hit
Dyric vs. Borthos - Special Damage/Hit

Guts goes into his thug-mode again and mugs the remaining guard, taking away all his health and earning 56 gold as a bonus.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All heroes gain half of a level of experience. The enemies drop 100 gold.

Party:

Level 12 Rogue
Power: 22 (17 for ranged attacks)
Health: 18/18
Level 12½ Rogue *Lucky*
Gold: 386
Level 15 Rogue
Power: 27 (23 for ranged attacks)
Health: 21/21
Gold: 228

Party Leader, please divide the dropped gold:
Posted Image100 gold

The rogues look around, but Count Shadeaux is long gone. They will have to try again another night.

Will the party return to the Invision Guildhouse or explore the park some more?

#33 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

"Hmm, let's explore the park some more, who knows what we will find. I say we head to the Luminous Passage."

Guts divides 50 gold to each Dyric and Dak.

Posted Image

#34 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

The eerily beautiful Luminous Passage is empty apart from a lone woman walking away from the party. Her high stiletto heels make a clicking sound on the hard ground.

Posted Image

#35 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

If I may, can we please not run into another assault bows-a-blazing again? There had got to be a more... civilized option.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

#36 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

"Hey, I tried trickery, it failed, violence ensued. Why don't you handle this?"

Posted Image

#37 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Alright, fine. I hide my knife and whip in my cloak and approach the woman non-threateningly.

Hello, ma'am. I do not mean to frighten. We are but three, lost circus performers. Could you help us on our way?

Edited by The Legonater, 19 May 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

#38 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

"Kay....that was over quicker than I expected. Thanks for the gold." Seeing the woman, Dak quickly sheaths his knife again and walks behind and slightly off to the right of Dyric, trying to look inconspicuous.
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#39 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostThe Legonater, on 19 May 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Hello, ma'am. I do not mean to frighten. We are but three, lost circus performers. Could you help us on our way?

The "lady" turns around and smiles "coyly" at the rogues behind "her" fan.

Posted Image

"Mmm, sure! I'd love to help you out, boys!" the questionable lady says with a gruff, low voice. "How about I help you out in those bushes over there, handsome?"

The "woman" winks at Dyric and motions him to follow "her" to the shrubbery. "I promise I'll make it worth your while, hottie."

How will Dyric respond?

#40 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Dyric is visibly shocked. Oh... um... I... uh... no thank you, sir- I mean ma'am- I mean... uh... you see, we're in a terrible rush, and you're not... my... look, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I really don't. It's just we really need to be at this meeting. Look.... uh... I've got gold. I can compensate you. And if not that, then, uh, one of my friends here will be perfectly willing to go with you. You'd like them better anyways. Just, uh, have you seen anyone else come though here recently? I'm really sorry.

Edited by The Legonater, 19 May 2012 - 09:44 PM.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

#41 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

"What?!" the dubious lady growled. "You dare to refuse my genial offer? I don't flaunt my junk in front of just anybody's face, you know? I'm not that kind of a girl. I'll give you the most important lesson a man can learn in life: HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED!!!"

The "lady" flicked "her" fan forcibly, making steel blades protrude from it. "Her" eyes were in flames from rage as "she" rushed towards the rogues.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Posted Image

Enemy:

Questionable Lady
Level: 12
Health: 161/161
Special: Striptease – Unequips all artefacts from the target. Equipping them back costs a turn.
Drops: Steel Fan (WP:12, suitable to mages and rogues), Trendy Handbag (artefact, protects from whatever negative effect that was most recently inflicted to anyone in a battle)

Party:

Level 12 Rogue
Gold: 56
Level 12½ Rogue *Lucky*
Gold: 436
Level 15 Rogue
Gold: 228

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

#42 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

I... you- oh nevermind. This was totally not my fault.

I attack Questionable Lady from the front row with my whip.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

#43 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

"What were you saying about diplomacy earlier? I don't go around insulting random 'women' on the street, casanova."

Guts attacks from the front row!

Battle Order:
Guts
Dyric
Dak

Posted Image

#44 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

"Erm...alright.... :look: I'll take this "woman" from the front row, with my dagger!"

#45 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostScubacarrot, on 19 May 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

"What were you saying about diplomacy earlier? I don't go around insulting random 'women' on the street, casanova."

Insult!?! I politely declined her... I mean his... I mean... I politely declines the offer, and was going to offer gold in compensation! Gold! Who can resist that? Besides, at least I didn't try to poison her, and in the most obvious way possible for that matter!

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

#46 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Results of Round One of the Questionable Lady Battle:
Guts vs. Questionable Lady - Shield (Mug)
Dyric vs. Questionable Lady - Hit/Special Damage
Dak vs. Questionable Lady - Hit

Having no choice but to respond to the "woman's" berserk attack, the rogues draw their weapons. Guts takes the opportunity to mug the drag queen for 51 damage and 51 gold. Both Dyric and Dak then follow up with their own attacks, both dealing 22 damage.

With only one weakened enemy, the battle will the played automatically.

Enemy:

Questionable Lady
Level: 12
Health: 66/161
Special: Striptease – Unequips all artefacts from the target. Equipping them back costs a turn.
Drops: Steel Fan (WP:12, suitable to mages and rogues), Trendy Handbag (artefact, protects from whatever negative effect that was most recently inflicted to anyone in a battle)

Party:

Level 12 Rogue
Level 12½ Rogue *Lucky*
Level 15 Rogue
Gold: 279

Results of Round One of the Questionable Lady Battle:
Guts vs. Questionable Lady - Hit
Dyric vs. Questionable Lady - Critical Hit/Damage
Dak vs. Questionable Lady - Critical Hit

The three rogues continue their merciless attacks. Guts deals 27 damage to the lady. Dyric and Dak both score critical hits, dealing 32 damage each. With that, the questionable lady falls.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All heroes gain half of a level of experience. The enemy drops a Steel Fan and a Trendy Handbag.

Party:

Level 12½ Rogue
Level 13 Rogue *Lucky*
Power: 23 (17 for ranged attacks)
Level 15½ Rogue
Gold: 279

Party Leader, please divide the spoils of the battle:
Posted ImageSteel Fan - WP:12, suitable to mages and rogues
Posted ImageTrendy Handbag (Artefact/Accessory) - Protects from whichever negative effect that was most recently inflicted to anyone in a battle

Upon ransacking the handbag, Guts finds traces of drugs among all the make-up and faux jewelry. It explains the drag queen's erratic behaviour. Maybe they'll run into a dealer in the park at some point...

#47 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

EDIT: Ignore, somehow I double posted....after Sandy had made his post.

Edited by Darth Nihilus, 19 May 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#48 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostDarth Nihilus, on 19 May 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

"Erm...alright.... Posted Image I'll take this "woman" from the front row, with my dagger!"

Uh, Dak? She's down.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 20 1/3 Assassin

#49 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostThe Legonater, on 19 May 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Uh, Dak? She's down.
OOC: See my edit for explanation.

#50 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Guts tosses the handbag to Dak, and gives the Steel Fan to Dyric.

"Alright, 'her' belongings were worthless, but there are traces of substances the Bonapartes restrict importing, would explain 'her' behaviour. Let's head to the Stone Garden, last place to check out."

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users