Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Day 5

IMPORTANT: If you are not a participant in the game, then please do not post in the game. These threads are reserved for players only.

day_5_large.jpg

It was only mid-morning when the people of the keep made up their minds. Calvin the fisherman, employed investigator of Lord Ash the traitor, was taken down into the dungeons to be dealt with out of site and out of mind. He was not high enough in stature to be accorded a public hanging, but instead met his death down in the little used torture chambers, relics of a not-so-long-ago past. His death was swift and decisive, a single chop to the neck by the executioners axe.

Calvin's meagre belongings were searched, and a document was found near the bottom. After someone who could read was found, it was discovered that Calvin was indeed a Mercenary, working under Lord Ash. He was neither a traitor nor a loyalist, but instead a free-lance man with only the wishes of his payee to consider.

Despite not being a traitor, the people of the keep celebrated at his death, seeing it as one step closer to solving the dreaded mystery. Another reason for the celebrations was that it was Lord Dragonator's birthday. A huge cake was baked, not by Majiko, and the festivities lasted well into the night. With all the drink everyone consumed, nobody had a clear recollection of what had happened after mid-morning, other than that Ragnir had issued a challenge to the people. They all retired to their beds that night feeling particularly pleased with their days effort.

Not everyone went to their own beds however. Rotrigous accompanied Mary the maid back to her rooms, just to make sure she was all right. :wink:

p1050346.jpg

Come, you can hardly stand; let me help you into bed.

Oh but sir, I tell you I am alright.

Still, I see it as my duty to help a woman when she needs it. Let us go inside.

p1050347.jpg

Well, if you insist.

Oh I do. :devil:

p1050348.jpg

The couple hurried inside, giggling as they went. Unbeknown to them however, someone was watching...

p1050349.jpg

It was Grim, head of the royal guard. He was following Rotrigous, because he felt in his gut that someone might try to kill the advisor that night.

p1050350.jpg

Grim approached the door, just to have a peak at what was happening inside. Unbeknown to him however, someone was watching...

p1050351.jpg

Grim drew in a sharp breath, and tried to avert his eyes. However the scene was to gripping, and he could not tear his gaze away.

p1050352.jpg

Oh Rotrigous, it's so big!

I know, I'm quite proud of it.

Can I touch it?

Why certainly dear, go ahead.

I never knew they made swords so big!

Oh, I thought you meant-

At that moment, Grim heard a noise behind him. He turned just in time to see a javelin heading towards him.

p1050353.jpg

Helpless to stop it, Grim screamed as it drove into his flesh.

p1050354.jpg

At the sound, Mary and Rotrigous rushed outside, and stumbled upon the recently deceased Grim. Muffling a scream, Mary starred in horror.

p1050355.jpg

It was a dastardly deed that this person had committed. Unfortunately, there was no site of him (or her). Mary looked down the hallway but saw nobody.

p1050357.jpg

That morning, it was a solemn group that met in the Grand Hall. One by one they were dying, and still the mystery was left unsolved. Who were the traitors? That was what they wanted to know.

Grim, whom they had all known as WhiteFang, was found to be a loyalist. The mood from the previous day was dampened considerably. However, the people were now more determined than ever to find the traitors and put a stop to the murders...

Thanks once again for choosing to play. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. If you need to review the rules, then these can be found in the introduction thread (link in my signature).

Characters: (in no particular order)

Lord Dragonator (non player)

Majiko the Wizard (non player)

Lord Martin - deceased, condemned by vote

Mike (a servant) - deceased, stabbed at night

Ernest the Chef - deceased, committed suicide

General Marcus

Michael (a soldier in the royal guard)

Lord Savril

Lord Ash - deceased, condemned by vote

Lord Gary

Lady Suzanne

Grim (head of the royal guard) - deceased, killed at night

General Spencer

Mary (a maid)

Paul (the cellar keeper)

Daniel (a young squire) - deceased, crushed by a potato cart

Rotrigous (king's advisor)

Calvin (a local fisherman) - deceased, condemned by vote

Kyle (the castle torturer/executioner)

Lieutenant Byron (of the royal guard)

Friar Brown

Damien (a doctor and herbalist)

Fred (a soldier in the royal guard)

Players: (in no particular order)

1. Zepher (replacing Inertia)

2. TinyPiesRUs

3. Hyphos

4. ImperialShadows

5. WhiteFang

6. Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

7. Dovchenko

8. iamded

9. stash2sixx

10. I Scream Clone

11. Pencoin

12. Trexxen

13. Quarryman

14. Batbrick

15. Hinckley

16. AgentRick57

17. TheBrickster

18. Adam (replacing KurttKrueger)

19. Commanderbly42

20. Atoll Dweller

21. Flatfoot Thompson

Good luck everyone! As a note, the building contest is open to all competitors, including those who have died. Of course, if you are dead and don't want to enter then that is fine, as Ragnir can't eat you anyway, since your dead and all...

Right, on with the show, I mean game, I mean... oh I don't know what I mean... :wacko:

That's not unusual. :hmpf:

Shut it! :angry:

My goodness! It is good that Calvin is finally dead but why Grim? He was certainly the last person I would expect to be killed, such a tragedy. I confess to not knowing him well, but I mourn this good man's death, let him be buried with full honour :cry_sad:

This is most upsetting... A loyal guard and a true friend, seeking to protect me in the night, murdered by a wretched traitor. :cry_sad:

Every time we think we're getting a handle on this situation, they manage to kill someone else. This scourge must be stopped before it's too late!

*walks off, more confused then ever and mumbling to himself*

Why??? :pir_bawling:

(OOC: Are we to consider the images accurate? In other words, do we know that the traitorous murderer wore a yellow cape and had a blue left arm, or is that more "the skull means he's dead" creative license?)

:cry_sad::sing: NOOOOOOO!!!!

Why did this happen? Of all people, why Grim :cry_sad: ?!

(OOC: Are we to consider the images accurate? In other words, do we know that the traitorous murderer wore a yellow cape and had a blue left arm, or is that more "the skull means he's dead" creative license?)

Well, if so, then as well as a caped figure with a blue arm killing Grim (R.I.P., my friend :cry_sad: ), then it would seem that Kyle was watching from the other direction. He couldn't of been the killer, but that was suspicious... About the killer, we also know that he has a red torso, black pants (or at least a black left pant leg), and some sort of black headgear.

Oh poor Grim! Clearly someone didn't want Grim to be spying on Rotrigous and Mary's, erm, encounter. At least we have finally cleansed ourselves of Calvin's lies.

*Picks up bottle of wine and starts drinking.*

Oi, you're not supposed to be drinking that!

Well, this is an emergency. I could be next for all I know.

Whatever...

Hey, get out of my cellar you!

I don't think Grim was killed because he was spying on... um...Rotrigous and... you know... Mary...

Well, I think he was killed because he was defending Rotrigous. I believe Rotrigous was the intended target, because Grim was killed while defending him.

Mary: Oh, what a sad day. To know that I had a hand in his death! If he hadn't been so, interested, in my going's on's, he would of never have been in that hallway. How sad. Rotrigous, please help me through these hard times.

Kyle, who had been watching the talk from afar knowing that he had probably looked suspicious, steps out from behind a door.

Yes, I was there - I had chosen last night to follow Grim as to investigate his doings. I saw the person who killed him, but only enough to get a glimpse of his clothing, which can be seen in the paintings. Had I brought my axe, I would have attacked as soon as I heard the scream, but I had not carried it with me at the time and hid in order to save myself.

Kyle collapses in the corner, partially due to fatigue, and partially due to grief and self-loathing for being so close to the murder and doing nothing about it.

Kyle, who had been watching the talk from afar knowing that he had probably looked suspicious, steps out from behind a door.

Yes, I was there - I had chosen last night to follow Grim as to investigate his doings. I saw the person who killed him, but only enough to get a glimpse of his clothing, which can be seen in the paintings. Had I brought my axe, I would have attacked as soon as I heard the scream, but I had not carried it with me at the time and hid in order to save myself.

Kyle collapses in the corner, partially due to fatigue, and partially due to grief and self-loathing for being so close to the murder and doing nothing about it.

...How could you not see the murderer's face?! You would've at least seen him get away or sneak up on Grim, and you could've warned him!

I don't think Grim was killed because he was spying on... um...Rotrigous and... you know... Mary...

Well, I think he was killed because he was defending Rotrigous. I believe Rotrigous was the intended target, because Grim was killed while defending him.

Ahhh... that makes more sense. Anyhow, back to business.

*Begin sorting the shelves of the cellar.*

(OOC: Hehehe, innuendo... :laugh:)

Oh, what a terrible occasion! :cry_sad: Why WhiteFang, er, Grim?! :cry_sad:

My fellow Castle-goers, I have been keeping a terrible secret, and I feel I can't hold it in any more.

You may know, near the end of Day III, Mike the servant launched terrible accusations at me, accusing me of being a traitor. I, General Spencer, am of course as loyal to our Kingdom as the good Lord Dragonator himself! (Okay, perhaps not the best example, seeing as he keeps killing off innocents...) Still, I took great offence to this accusation, and retired to my quarters turning to the bottle for comfort. Under the influence, I made the worst misjudgement of my life, and, fuelled with the poison of alcohol and rage against Mike, I went after him, and killed him, as I was sure he was a traitor. The small piece of yellow fabric with a black strip along one edge came form my cape, here.

It is with a heavy heart I say this to you, as I know I will probably not make it through the night. It is all I can do to assure you that I am a loyalist, and I have no intention of picking up a bottle or going after anyone in the night, not after last time.

Let it be known that you could kill me, but that would just rid us of another traitor. I beg you to give me another chance, we really don't need any more loyalists down for the count. And killing off me would let another traitor off the hook for another day. So please, let us try to find the real traitors. I understand though, if you don't see me fit to stay in your presence.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have to pay a visit to the Friar, I have some confessing to do to him. :sadnew:

(OOC: Hehehe, innuendo... :laugh:)

Oh, what a terrible occasion! :cry_sad: Why WhiteFang, er, Grim?! :cry_sad:

My fellow Castle-goers, I have been keeping a terrible secret, and I feel I can't hold it in any more.

You may know, near the end of Day III, Mike the servant launched terrible accusations at me, accusing me of being a traitor. I, General Spencer, am of course as loyal to our Kingdom as the good Lord Dragonator himself! (Okay, perhaps not the best example, seeing as he keeps killing off innocents...) Still, I took great offence to this accusation, and retired to my quarters turning to the bottle for comfort. Under the influence, I made the worst misjudgement of my life, and, fuelled with the poison of alcohol and rage against Mike, I went after him, and killed him, as I was sure he was a traitor. The small piece of yellow fabric with a black strip along one edge came form my cape, here.

It is with a heavy heart I say this to you, as I know I will probably not make it through the night. It is all I can do to assure you that I am a loyalist, and I have no intention of picking up a bottle or going after anyone in the night, not after last time.

Let it be known that you could kill me, but that would just rid us of another traitor. I beg you to give me another chance, we really don't need any more loyalists down for the count. And killing off me would let another traitor off the hook for another day. So please, let us try to find the real traitors. I understand though, if you don't see me fit to stay in your presence.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have to pay a visit to the Friar, I have some confessing to do to him. :sadnew:

:oh::oh3:*huh**oh2*

I just don't know what to think anymore, who to believe :wacko:*huh* . I think I'm going crazy. My colleagues become traitors, my fellows die and I see the worst come of my friends. Any more upsets and I might go over the top! I need to lie down...

General Spencer, I am shocked at your actions. But even worse - I've clearly been really bad at keeping track of the wine in my own cellar. *huh*

Now seriously General Spencer, I high-ranking man like you must have better self-control over yourself than that. Killing someone just because they accused you of being a traitor is a very traitor-like activity: I'm sure that you could have solved the problem in a much healthier way than that. However, I will not pass any judgement against you (yet).

The clues are there before you, use them as you will...

Now, I can see that you are all a little distressed, so I didn't cook breakfast this morning, we got Jamie Oliver in to to that from the show running next door. However, I would be happy to cook lunch. :sweet:

The food was brought out and the people dug in. It was probably the best breakfast they had had since Earnest committed suicide.

Oh the sadness! :cry_sad: Why must the traitorous characters keep killing us loyalist off? Grim you will be missed! Truly it seems your investigations may have rattled someones cage for them to go after you (unless Rotrigous or Mary were the intended targets!?) :sceptic:

So Calvin was as he said, a Mercenary! Still better than condemning a loyalist.....

Let it be known that you could kill me, but that would just rid us of another traitor.

:wacko: If you say so traitor!

General Spencer, I am shocked at your actions. But even worse - I've clearly been really bad at keeping track of the wine in my own cellar. *huh*

Now seriously General Spencer, I high-ranking man like you must have better self-control over yourself than that. Killing someone just because they accused you of being a traitor is a very traitor-like activity: I'm sure that you could have solved the problem in a much healthier way than that. However, I will not pass any judgement against you (yet).

Here here! he should be able to exercise better control than that, perhaps some one on one time with Kyle is in order.....As for the declining stocks of wine, i shall arrange restocking from my private cellar (under my Royal bed :wacko: )

Also, Why is big bad Kyle, hiding in the shadows when he could have any manner of weaponry at his disposal to take out the attacker, unless he wanted Grim dead!

Has anyone else noticed that the man who attacked Grim is clearly wearing the uniform of a guard. This could mean that the royal guard, set up to protect us, has a traitor in its midst. :oh3:

It's either that or the wine is having an adverse affect on my eyesight. :look:

I hadn't even considered that, but it does seem possible. Clearly, Grim was concerned for my safety, then he's killed outside the room I'm, um, visiting... I think you may be right. :oh:

It would seem that I have attracted the attention of the traitors after our recent successes. :oh3:

Mary: Oh, what a sad day. To know that I had a hand in his death! If he hadn't been so, interested, in my going's on's, he would of never have been in that hallway. How sad. Rotrigous, please help me through these hard times.

Oh yes, my dear, I know it's hard. :devil:

(OOC: Oh please, I was supposed to pass that up? :laugh:)

But he wasn't interested in you, he was protecting me, it's neither of our faults, this guilt belongs to the traitor who killed him so coldly. We must avenge his death, we must find the man in the yellow cape and guards uniform.

Under the influence, I made the worst misjudgement of my life, and, fuelled with the poison of alcohol and rage against Mike, I went after him, and killed him, as I was sure he was a traitor. The small piece of yellow fabric with a black strip along one edge came form my cape, here.

Oh dear. I'm left to wonder why you would make this confession now, right after another murder by someone in a yellow cape. Attempting to throw us off the trail, or sincerely feeling guilty for a mistake...

I don't know what to think anymore, but I'm a little concerned that you can kill people in the night, and the one time you confess to doing it, you killed a loyalist. :angry:

Let it be known that you could kill me, but that would just rid us of another traitor.

Freudian slip? :look:

The food was brought out and the people dug in. It was probably the best breakfast they had had since Earnest committed suicide.

Noooooo... not Earnest too! It was bad enough when Ernst killed himself, but Earnest... this is terrible! :laugh:

Has anyone else noticed that the man who attacked Grim is clearly wearing the uniform of a guard. This could mean that the royal guard, set up to protect us, has a traitor in its midst. :oh3:

It's either that or the wine is having an adverse affect on my eyesight. :look:

Niether Michael, Grim nor I have black pants, which is what the murderer was wearing-as I pointed out :wacko: . Blame it on the wine :tongue: ! ImperialShadows, Spencer's left pant leg is not black, so that sort of rules him out (unless Dragonator claims that we actually do change clothes, contrary to what pictures suggest :tongue: ). However, General Marcus has a red shirt, black headgear, yellow cape, and black pants... :hmpf_bad: . (This is NOT an accusition... or maybe it is :devil: )

I did try to warn Grim; but before I could it was too late. As for why I wasn't seen after the murder, I left to report it immediately - and get my dagger to carry on me from now on. It may not do much, but it's a nice little knife...

Ahem. Anywho; I did see the bit of clothing seen in the painting (I gave my report to the artist, too, who for some reason has as much security as Lord Dragonator...), and it pretty much confirms the killer as a royal guard member. Does anyone have a painting of the people here that is labeled? If I had that we could narrow it down to three, two, or maybe even one of the royal guards; nontheless, it is clear that there is a traitor amongst them.

General Spencer; though your actions appall me greatly I cannot condemn you for them just yet. I can see why you would do it; even if it was quite possibly the dumbest thing you could do - and the worst time to confess, as well.

Last but not least, I'm keeping my eye on all of you today - yesterday I was somewhat lucky in my choice as to whom I would pursue, as I was able to see what happened to some extent; hopefully tonight I will be even moreso.

I believe the uniform also matches mine!!! i think... ((OCC opens other page to check)), *shock* indeed it does,

i assume i would be told if i killed my commander, and i have no such recollection, i did drink quite a lot, i have no night actions so can i assume it was not me who did this act?

i must watch myself closely, lock me to my room, deliver my meals and do my washing...

Wait, I have many uniforms, is it possible some one else took clothing to look like someone else? not likely, enough for me to trust myself...

Grim, dear Grim! why must you have left me so soon! i had more to learn from you...

*Byron sulks to his room, where many locks from the outside have been applied, going insane with himself begin to talk to himself*

theres no escaping now, i'll be keeping an eye on you and i will have you know i have read a fine book on this thing!

good i hope i have nothing to hide but i am sure your investigation will be complete

Wait the dragon was green! the dragon was green on the cape, Twas not me at all!

*cough*, uh can someone let me out now...*cough*

however troubling my thought process was, a traitor indeed may have dressed for the occasion, it would make sense to draw more attention to the Lords... hmm, troubling this is, maybe Spencer stole has brothers attire, and killed another loyalist, setting up his brother so we kill another! :oh3::oh3::oh3:

:wacko: this is so hard :wacko:

(OOC: Seriously Dragonator, do we change clothes, because in the pictures we don't.)

Ahem. Anywho; I did see the bit of clothing seen in the painting (I gave my report to the artist, too, who for some reason has as much security as Lord Dragonator...), and it pretty much confirms the killer as a royal guard member. Does anyone have a painting of the people here that is labeled? If I had that we could narrow it down to three, two, or maybe even one of the royal guards; nontheless, it is clear that there is a traitor amongst them.

Unless I am wrong, we don't change clothes (EEEEWWW! Hygene issues!), which proves that the murder was not a member of the Royal Guard. As I continue to point out ( :hmpf: ), the murderer had a black left pant leg-Michael and I have grey left pant legs and Grim's was blue. In fact, I am angered that the Royal Guard has been accused of such a treachorous act! Royal rhymes with another word: loyal. The Royal Guards: A group of well trained soldiers, hand-picked by Grim, the head of the Royal Guard, and the King himself- a group that goes to great lengths to protect us from enemies, and now each other. And unless I am mistaken, members of the royal guard have capes with a black dragon with a red wing. The murder had a green dragon with a red wing on his (or her!) cape. If General Marcus' cape is the same as the other generals' capes, then that could of been his cape. It also could've been his pants, his shirt, his headgear. I am not a traitor, and I don't think Michael is either.

(OOC: For Narnia :tongue:! It would help if the Aslan's Camp theme from Narnia was playing during this speech :tongue: .)

Wait the dragon was green! the dragon was green on the cape, Twas not me at all!

*cough*, uh can someone let me out now...*cough*

however troubling my thought process was, a traitor indeed may have dressed for the occasion, it would make sense to draw more attention to the Lords... hmm, troubling this is, maybe Spencer stole has brothers attire, and killed another loyalist, setting up his brother so we kill another! :oh3::oh3::oh3:

:wacko: this is so hard :wacko:

See?!! Good eye, Byron. By the way, Spencer and Marcus are brothers?! I had no idea :wacko: . Wait- or is Spencer's brother someone else? I need to lie down :wacko: ...

Oh yes, my dear, I know it's hard. :devil:

(OOC: Oh please, I was supposed to pass that up? :laugh:)

:oh3: The things that go on in this castle! Scandal! :laugh:

Noooooo... not Earnest too! It was bad enough when Ernst killed himself, but Earnest... this is terrible! :laugh:

Who the hell is Ernst! :laugh: Looks like that one backfired on you. :tongue:

To clarify, I think Majico was talking about Ernest the chef, not Earnest nor Ernst. By the way, lets name the Unknown Artist Ernst, just to further confuse things and so IS has a constant reminder of his slip up. :devil: (Hopefully everyone has by know forgotten that it was my initial slip up that triggered this weird conversation. That seems to happen a lot. :look: )

Oh, I have something to say! :sweet:

Here we go again. :hmpf:

Firstly yes, I meant Ernest.

Good, now be quite.

Secondly, I found this very interesting note:

The answer to this murder,

Will only be revealed,

By a dragon.

Not very poetic, but it gets the point across nicely. :classic:

You just made that up right now didn't you.

No, I wrote it a few minutes ago actually. :grin:

Typical. :hmpf:

You know, Dragonator wouldn't be so kind as to give us a free shot at the killer, unless he's being deceptive in the process.

Look at how this has gone so far? Everything has been misleading from him.

Still, it's a clue to be checked out...

(OOC: Someone have the link to the character pics?)

Who the hell is Ernst! :laugh: Looks like that one backfired on you. :tongue:

I don't know, his cooking always seemed German to me. :look:

Secondly, I found this very interesting note:

Makes my question all the more important.

You know, Dragonator wouldn't be so kind as to give us a free shot at the killer, unless he's being deceptive in the process.

Look at how this has gone so far? Everything has been misleading from him.

Still, it's a clue to be checked out...

(OOC: Someone have the link to the character pics?)

AHHH!!!! WHO DO I BELIEVE??!!! Dragonator's misleading, Spencer's a murderer, I'm out of shaving cream... :cry_sad::sing: AHHHHHH!!!

*It's okay, just lie down, your blood pressu-*BLAHHH!!! MEGABLOCKS!!!

Woah, Fred has problems with his blood pressure ever since a large wound he took near the heart, so I apologize for that rant. Oh, who am I? I am Adam. Yes, Fred is Adam, but it is Fred that talks most of the time (sometimes he's in blue). Yes, I know it's confusing. However, I just thought I'd provide Imperial Shadows with this link: Ernst's Character Pictures. What's a link? I have no idea :grin: . Fred wants me to tell Dragonator that he would kindly like an answer to his qeustion: Do we change our clothes? It seems that this distresses him a lot, as it has been the cause for many accusations.

*Byron yells out his window*

Indeed this be true!

p1050202.jpg

the yellow head gear next to me is General Marcus, i am the one on the far left at the back. (yellow plume feather)

and i am sure if someone submitted a night action of taking clothes and then wearing them while attempting to kill someone it would pass, as it makes the *cough* game *cough* more fun and realistic! i could be wrong, it just seams too many fingers are pointed Marcus's way by proven traitors, to now have this, its to "set up" for my liking... Spencers actions are suspect indeed, why confess now, was he afraid that with all this investigating he would be found out! Trexxen has indeed aroused my suspision, was he to kill Grim if he was to flee the other attacker?

speaking of out, can some one unlock my room please?!?

Rotrigious, i now believe you to be a loyalist, may i offer you my around the clock service of being your guard? I have lost one of my role models i wish not to lose another! :cry_sad:

*Byron is getting angry at his clumsy ways of doing things so he puls out "How Not to be a Dummy for Dummies"*