Sign in to follow this  
Holodoc

The event - the story (part II)

Before I continue with the Billund story a few words from my editor:

It wasn´t KhoRne or PaulC who did the sets, the event extra crew did BUT KhoRne did the certificate.

It wasn´t RAS that won the minigolf - it was Copmike.

:blush: SORRY for that - you know it was late and I had a bad day and then there was the earthquake and the eagre ...:blush:

But here we go:

On the third day some missed the breakfast. Mmmmh. How could they?

Those who managed to get up in time went straightly to the park to meet one of the model builders there, Mr. Abdallah Kobeissi (thanks Copmike :wink: )

He told us about the upcoming new Legoland in Dubai (little) and about the work he does (much more). We were able to ask questions about what we always wanted to ask a masterbuilder. That was quite interesting. I almost got him to the point to tell something about future plans in miniland but then again he realized what he was going to tell and took the emergency brake right in time. Damn!

pict0217.jpg_thumb.jpg

At the end of a 2 hours session he was handed out one of the fantastic Space Hotties set. He´s on the group picture as well.

At this point we had to say goodbye to Morten who was the first to leave due to family business. :cry_sad:

After that the shop(s) were browsed again, but still there was no deal to be made. :hmpf_bad:

In the afternoon we met to go to the Billund bath, where one of the last challenges took place: Swoosh a red Duplo Tractor while jumping from the spring board with the most stupid expression on your face.

This was fun - sorry no pictures, though. :laugh:

Guess who won that:

With a handicapped bonus, :yoda: was able to win the first price and he deserved it. :grin: Ok, it´s not fine to make jokes about invalids. :blush:

After a detour in the water slide and the bubble bath we went out again - this was definitely my shortest stay in a swimming pool ever! :oh:

We splitted again, some were returning to the village while others didn´t give up and went back to the park and the stores within.

pict0219.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lucky me, Lasse was already there, trying to fill one of those blue buckets. I was allowed to help him with it :wink: and got some quite nice parts there. According to the leftovers after we finished, Duplo isn´t going to sell well these days: The crates were full of Duplo bricks whereas the system bricks were almost completely gone.

I managed to get my hands on three building instructions which were thrown away. I don´t know if I ever will build something with them, but hey, they were for free! :sweet:

Finally after begging and pleading, we went to the fire fighting game.

pict0178.jpg_thumb.jpg

And there it happened again: The Viking team fudged themselves in the first row which gave them the opportunity to catch the fastest fire engine that was there! :hmpf_bad: This not being enough they had to be four, whereas all other teams consisted of three members. *boooh*

It came out with no surprise: Vikings (Copmike, Ras, Kim and TT) first, the Continental team (Yoda, Sne and me) close *cough* second and the U30 team (Green Hair, Christian and Lasse) third. The Overseas team (S4J, Bricklord) was afraid of losing and didn´t even line up to this contest. :tongue:

I wanted to take pictures, but my team wouldn´t let me.

Btw. now I know why Sne is wearing glasses (I wished he had done so during the contest).

The gates of the park closed a last time for me when we headed back to the LL village.

In the evening we all met up again to have some freestyle building. The Indiana Jones' sets and some others were built and we had a lot fun chatting and building.

pict0244.jpg_thumb.jpg

At some point the four rebel minifigs of Copmike's battle pack broke free and were discovering the site.

pict0252.jpg_thumb.jpg

Aaaargh! I can´t reach the shutter release!

pict0253.jpg_thumb.jpg

Hide and seek

pict0254.jpg_thumb.jpg

Careful now!

pict0256.jpg_thumb.jpg

Yummy rb - we have to get there!

pict0257.jpg_thumb.jpg

Forget that insecticide next time.

pict0258.jpg_thumb.jpg

Technic you can rely on - mostly.

pict0259.jpg_thumb.jpg

One for you, one for me...

pict0260.jpg_thumb.jpg

I´m not free from giddiness. And this IS high!

pict0261.jpg_thumb.jpg

When I said wash the engine, I didn´t mean at 120°C!

pict0262.jpg_thumb.jpg

We´ve seen all, let´s get outta here.

This was the best evening of all the event. :wub:

Amazing to see that this evening all were in bed a lot earlier than the days before... :laugh:

Sne did it, because he was the one to pick up the ladies from the train station:

Aredhel and her girlfriend Sabine (not (yet) on the forum) were accompanying us for the very last day.

Everybody was glad to have such beautiful attendance for the last trip to the park. I for myself had to leave before that. But I had a nice company during breakfast at least. Aredhel got a special surprise for being the one that is ON the events just for one day every time: A Hagrid´s maxifig.

pict0269.jpg_thumb.jpg

Well folks, that´s it for now. I will end this like I begun: For the story of the last hours please head over to the many, many :hmpf: reports of our fabulous event 2008 that are published around here. :wink:

If you haven´t had a look at them yet, the complete folder of the event pics is here.

Thanks for reading! :classic:

pict0241.jpg_thumb.jpg

And again we have to suffer from these lies on the Firefighter contest.

At no point did we tell You how many You were to be in Your teams.

At no point did we rush to what You claim to be the fastest engine (they're ALL driven by pump-action)

At no point did we try to cheat - WHICH YOU DID

And this IS TRUE.

The BENELUX team tried to persuade the young man in charge of the attraction to intervene with our winning.

This he tried to do by stopping our fire-engine by hand....kinda dumb move, since Ras and CM was pumping hard and he actually looked like he got hurt, when we hit him at Ludicrous Speed.

WE WON

YOU LOST

ACCEPT IT (and train harder) :tongue:

KimT

This he tried to do by stopping our fire-engine by hand....kinda dumb move, since Ras and CM was pumping hard and he actually looked like he got hurt, when we hit him at Ludicrous Speed.

This is one of my favorite sentences ever. :laugh:

Another super story by the Doc! Thanks, brings back memories of won FF contests, the magic evening and all the rest of our great time together :wub:!

This is one of my favorite sentences ever. :laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:!

I am Hans. Und I am Franz. Ve are goinck to pump YOU UP!

copmike - FFC winner checkered_flag_32x32.gif

Finally after begging and pleading, we went to the fire fighting game.

The Overseas team (S4J, Bricklord) was afraid of losing and didn´t even line up to this contest. :tongue:

Hardly! You guys ran to do it the second we weren't there. Somebody was scared it seems :devil:

imagefetch.ashx.gif

USA

Thanks a gazillion Doc for this super nice review of the event! :wub:

I´m so sad that you had to leave so early.

But then again, I kind of had the rest of my day occupied on other buisnesses :grin:

Sne did it, because he was the one to pick up the ladies from the train station:

Aredhel and her girlfriend Sabine (not (yet) on the forum) were accompanying us for the very last day.

So was I! The car didn´t drove it self there :hmpf:
Everybody was glad to have such beautiful attendance for the last trip to the park.
pict0269.jpg_thumb.jpg

Especially me :wub:

FFC On!

Victory is at hand!

-Ras-