Professional building instruction available here : http://www.eurobrick...dpost&p=1135386
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi everyone !
Today, I present you my latest MOC : it is a UCS Executor.
I started this project at the beginning of January 2010.
With that project, I had several goals. The first one is obviously that the MOC had to be accurate.
And here are the other rules I wanted to respect :
- no illegal build
- no odd colors
- a true frame (like the 10030 ISD)
- no use of old parts which are no more used today by TLG
- optimisation of the part number as much as possible
- the model has to look homogeneous
Eventually, I managed to respect everything. :)
So in January, I began to work on the frame of the MOC.
One thing is sure : the frame is the hardest thing to build on the MOC, by far. It is very hard to built a frame with the perfect angle.
At this time, my project was to build a 150 or 160 cm MOC long.
Here are some picture :
Then I finished the wings ; the MOC was 157 cm long.
Then, I rebuilt another frame, because the gaps between the 2 wings were too big IMO.
Also, the use of 2x4 wings to enlarge the wings didn't look good. So, I rebuilt everything.
After that, I worked on the greebs :
What was hard was to have very homogeneous greebs.
Then, I worked on the bottom wings :
(yeah, at the time, the MOC had only one foot )
And with everything I had built :
But I had many problems : the gap between the 2 main wing was not good. So, I had this problem on the "noze" :
One foot was also very impressive for a 150 cm MOC long, but it was definitely too dangerous.
More over, I couldn't attach the 4 wings : indeed, I have to put 2 rubbers on the noze of the bottom wings. So I had to attach them first, because if the upper wings were already attached, I can't put these rubbers anymore.
But when I've attached the bottom wings, how can attach the main wings ?
It is too fragile ; I can not press enough on the studs for them to be attached on the frame.
I also realised that I could put as much details in a smaller Executor (110 or 130 cm long).
In short, I had to redo everything : the frame, the greebs, the foot, and something different to attach the wings.
But now, I knew what I really had to do, so it was more easy for me.
Here are the 3 rubbers :
They can not bee seen from outside. And they do their job pretty good (like 10174).
Eventually, the MOC was 124cm long. I rebuilt the greebs and the frame of the tail :
I was glad to see that building the dark bluish gray greebs were much easier than I expected :
Yet few hours of work, and it was finished... :)
I also built a mini ISD, with the right scale.
Actually, that was to achieve a fun idea : to go from a 160 km long model to a 150 m long model.
=> Death Star II with mini executor (10143) >> Executor with mini ISD (my MOC) >> ISD with mini Rebel Blockade Runner (10030) >> and Rebel Blockade Runner (10019)
And here is the final result, after 250 or 300 hours of work : a 124 cm long Executor, with a mini ISD and his display car (made by Oxycrest on photoshop).
The video :
I hope you like the MOC and you enjoy the description of the building process.
And a family photo
PS : sorry for the mistakes.
PS 2 :
@ Drgeorge7 for the engine of my Executor
@ Legotron for the dark bluish gray line on my mini ISD
Edited by Anio, 11 December 2012 - 11:03 PM.