Sign in to follow this  
TLaabs

MOC - Modular Juice Bar & Bakery

Hello Eurobricks!! So I am brand new to the forum, and has been a year since my Lego passion was rekindled. Me and my fiancé have amassed quite the collection, and we both have immersed ourselves. After buying all that has appealed to us from TLG, we have now dived into MOC-ing!

This is our first modular MOC so far, and is still a WIP, but I've been excited to share and join the forum so here it is! We combined friends sets 41035 juice bar and 41006 downtown bakery and bricklink'd the other pieces.

I still want to find other stickers/decals for the white panel pieces (similar to the one menu-lookin piece that comes with the juice bar) to liven up the walls. As for the roof, debating on doing a rooftop garden with a roof similar to the detective's office set, so it would align well in my row of modulars!

Also sorry for the average photo quality, still need to invest in a good camera/lighting setup, but in time..

Let me know what you think! Happy to be a part of the forum!

16911596136_efc4d3c8c1_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16751312129_37efa32556_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16317444973_fa29c72b6b_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16937038275_7ab62d0ace_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16750078870_9964e5f861_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16911092466_295e788a1f_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16911110276_2259e9d037_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16936039981_b1fee93e63_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

16937503515_1210fdea73_c.jpgUntitled by A Couple of Bricks, on Flickr

It certainly has a lot of potential.

I approach modulars with the same type of detail the official sets have (usually more interior than official).

This has some nice shaping to the front facade on the ground level. I like the outside seating area with the curved window. The stairwell works well. I'm not so sure on the random balcony at the top of the stairs. And certainly continue to work on the exterior upper level detailing.

It'll be neat seeing it finished.

Nice work so far 'TLaabs', the bakery looks a little bare on one wall ? :blush:

The Juice Bar looks great.......though it seems to attract interesting customers :laugh: ......Brick On 'TLaabs' ! :grin:

The interior colours are really nice for a bakery and sweets shop. I was surprised by the star shaped door handle - it really looks good! The customers are an interesting mix of people, I wonder who else can you find in your neighbourhood. :grin:

Great WIP...your interiors are really interesting and full of cool wee details. I think an area to concentrate on is the external facade detailing...work on some cool SNOT techniques and layering to add some life and shape to some otherwise flat areas of elevation. Have a wander though this forum as some of the MOC Modular masters :blush: and look at what they do to achieve more interesting architectural features.

Looks great so far! I love the railings on the balcony, but the white wall looks a bit stark. Maybe have some plants growing up the wall?

I'm not sure I'd be keen to buy my bakery items from Krusty!

Great WIP...your interiors are really interesting and full of cool wee details. I think an area to concentrate on is the external facade detailing...work on some cool SNOT techniques and layering to add some life and shape to some otherwise flat areas of elevation. Have a wander though this forum as some of the MOC Modular masters :blush: and look at what they do to achieve more interesting architectural features.

Thanks for the input! Most definitely!

And thanks all for the compliments! Definitely getting a better feel for just free-building my first modular. I'd def want to add some more detail to areas of plain white. Will share more when I finish it up!!