Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 2

Murder on the Emerald Express

Chapter 2: Fowl Play at Hand?

Engineer Steve Thomas whispers to the crew that he found a knife. After an attempt to silence the worried passengers, Conductor Max agrees that anyone who wishes to walk with the crew toward the front of the train to Passenger Car #2 may do so. The reluctant crew followed by some of the passengers make their way toward the passenger wagon discovering a glistening silver knife laying on the floor. Everyone wonders, is fowl play at hand?

05.jpg

Logistic Request: At this time, I need to know which passengers are in Passenger Car #2 with the crew, and who stayed behind in the dining car. For the sake of the mystery, all will soon know about the discovery of the knife.

*watches as some of the others leave the dining cart*

Oh well, there they go. Who knows, they might all just accidentally fall on that dagger of theirs, haha.

Will you stay with me... uh, Mark, was it? You seem like a man of reason, so you can help me get to the bottom of this letter I got.

*watches as some of the others leave the dining cart*

Oh well, there they go. Who knows, they might all just accidentally fall on that dagger of theirs, haha.

Will you stay with me... uh, Mark, was it? You seem like a man of reason, so you can help me get to the bottom of this letter I got.

Me? I'm Herman. :sweet: I'll stay here. Sure. You seem smart. I like having you around even if you don't like my card game. So...er, what does your fiancé do? And what letter did you get?

*Follows the others through to Passenger Carriage 2 to inspect the knife which has been found.*

There is a knife in the middle of the floor. See, I knew there wasn't anything terrible happening in here. :sweet:

Although, this does remind me of this time when I saw an innocent-looking machete lying in the middle of the path, and it turned out to be an ambush by the other group who were hiding in the trees. Of course, I escaped with a nice roll of 19 on my d20, and managed to decapitate one of them in the process. :sweet:

Me? I'm Herman. :sweet: I'll stay here. Sure. You seem smart. I like having you around even if you don't like my card game. So...er, what does your fiancé do? And what letter did you get?

Oh great... Instead of the polite Mark I got the socially inept Herman. *rolls eyes*

I got this invitation along with the ticket via mail, that's what I call a letter. Didn't you get one, too?

And I'm sorry, but I simply don't like playing games. My expertize lies in solving riddles and puzzles. You know, the kind of stuff you do best alone. *icy tone*

Oh great... Instead of the polite Mark I got the socially inept Herman. *rolls eyes*

I got this invitation along with the ticket via mail, that's what I call a letter. Didn't you get one, too?

And I'm sorry, but I simply don't like playing games. My expertize lies in solving riddles and puzzles. You know, the kind of stuff you do best alone. *icy tone*

Yes I am socially inept. :blush: I guess I should ask to be friends first? I'm not good at making friends. I got a letter too! Wow, we have that in common. Did you like your letter? It's OK that you don't like games, but I like puzzles too! My letter was about codes and puzzles and riddles. It said that's why I was invited. I am good at solving them alone. In fact, I'm alone most of the time. But, that's OK, when I'm alone, I'm a Viking! :sweet:

Yes I am socially inept. :blush: I guess I should ask to be friends first? I'm not good at making friends. I got a letter too! Wow, we have that in common. Did you like your letter? It's OK that you don't like games, but I like puzzles too! My letter was about codes and puzzles and riddles. It said that's why I was invited. I am good at solving them alone. In fact, I'm alone most of the time. But, that's OK, when I'm alone, I'm a Viking! :sweet:

Oh gawd, someone please save me from this dimwit!

Listen, if you're trying to get in my pants, Herman, you're out of luck. If you're really just looking for friends, you will have to stop trying to please me first. I can't be friends with someone behaving like a lapdog.

Are we the only ones left in this carriage, though?

*closely examines the knife*

No, zis is definitely not one of my Wusthofs from the kitchen. Nor is it a butterknife, as that butterhead Herman suggested. Good news! I much prefer to think that some stranger is dropping sharp and pointy weapons around the Passenger cabins for their own reasons than the other explanation - that some thief or pickpocket managed to enter the shrine of my kitchen and defile it!

Does anybody else recognise it?

Is there a Mark on this train? I've not heard of 'Im.

Shall we travel to carriage #2 miss? Or look elsewhere while all else is distracted?

Is there a Mark on this train? I've not heard of 'Im.

I believe you are refering to Mister Mark Williams.

(Dynamic Movement to car 2) Chef, could you please take the knife and lock it up in my office now that the passengers have seen it so it doesn't pose a threat to anyone accidentally stepping on it? Just check if any other passengers want to see it first.

(Dynamic Movement back to the dining car) Ok, so how about a round of Aussie Hold 'em? And no, it doesn't involve holding down Aussies, or half the people on this train might beat you up! :tongue:

Would any of the passengers like to satisfy their curiosity about this blade before it is locked away irrevocably and evermore in Maxwell's office.

We wouldn't want anyone to step on it. Tetanus, you know - otherwise known as lockjaw. Although for some of you...

*ahem*

Anyway, it is here if you wish to examine it. Perhaps one of you might have some information or recognise it?

It seems that Mr. Butcher doesn't know the configuration of the train very well. :wacko:

Correction, ma'am, I do not know where the restrooms are. That voice we keep hearing never told me.

Actually, I do recall something slipping out of a bag as I was carrying them to the cabins. I wasn't really paying attention, because I was too busy with the bags, and I wasn't too sure if anything did actually fall out. But, there might have been something, and I think it might have been from Mark William's bag, or maybe Arin Schafer's, but I can't say for sure.

I do, however recall that Mrs. Grigsby was carrying a large suitcase at his arrival. Not that it is of any importance, though.

(I made a dynamic movement to passenger car two)

It definitely didn't fall out of my belongings. I have use for chisels and rock picks, but not knives. Why would our luggage be brought through passenger car two? Wouldn't it be directly loaded to the baggage car? :wacko:

Mr. Butcher, it is vital that you find out the location of the restrooms. With all the eating and drinking we are doing, someone will be eager to know very soon. :laugh:

On a side note, Eleanor and I are equals to you men. Ms. Thornton would be as well if she were here. We are working together on this mystery and I think I can speak for Eleanor as well when I say, neither of us is looking for a love interest. We can all be more effective if we view each other as equals. :hmpf_bad:

I didn't drop the knife! Besides, Texans are all in and never half-way, I'd have a trusty shotgun, and you just don't drop those!

Oh, does that make me sound suspicious?

It definitely didn't fall out of my belongings. I have use for chisels and rock picks, but not knives. Why would our luggage be brought through passenger car two? Wouldn't it be directly loaded to the baggage car? :wacko:

I'm not "blaming" anyone, it's just thought that I thought it would be a good time to point it out. I thought I was carrying either your bag or Mister William's bag, but I can't say for sure.

Mr. Butcher, it is vital that you find out the location of the restrooms. With all the eating and drinking we are doing, someone will be eager to know very soon. :laugh:

Fair enough, ma'am. :laugh:

I didn't drop the knife! Besides, Texans are all in and never half-way, I'd have a trusty shotgun, and you just don't drop those!

Oh, does that make me sound suspicious?

Suspicious? Of what?

A mysterious knife is found in Passenger Car #2. Everyone returns to the Dining Car to discuss the purpose of such an item aboard the train???

A mysterious knife is found in Passenger Car #2. Everyone returns to the Dining Car to discuss the purpose of such an item aboard the train???

Dynamic movement: I think I'll return to the dining car to discuss this intriguing find.

So, here I am, back in the dining car. "Herman, Ms. what's-your-name, I hope the two of you enjoyed your chance to get to know each other a little better." :wink: @ Herman and a whisper "good luck with that one..." :sceptic:

Hmm, should I lock the knife away in Maxwell's office yet or are do all the passengers need to check its not theirs?

The late evening is fast approaching. Despite the discovery of a knife, many of the passengers wish to retire for the evening as they had a long day of travel to the station. After some additional discussion re. the knife, it will be nighty night time aboard the Emerald Express...

Back in Dining car.

Well, the presence of this knife has got me a little agitated. I mean, I don't like random unexplained weapons. Still, there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about at present, so perhaps we should have dinner, and then a quick game of cards, before retiring for the night? I'm looking forward to that rabbit. :sweet: I must appologise for my earlier behaviour, I think that the presence of the knife plus the failure of our host to turn up has me on edge.

As for the origins of the knife, I can confirm that yes, I have many in my bag. In fact, I'd say I have a couple in each of my D&D decks. :sweet: However they're drawn on cards, so that probably doesn't help this situation. :grin:

In all seriousness though, I wonder who dropped it? :look:

Oh gawd, someone please save me from this dimwit!

Listen, if you're trying to get in my pants, Herman, you're out of luck.

:laugh: You're funny. I like people who are honest. I do want to make friends and this is such an exciting adventure. Perhaps I'm too excited. I've read books about Karate, though and I've totally got your back if anything happens.

Anyway, it is here if you wish to examine it. Perhaps one of you might have some information or recognise it?

I'll take a look at it.

*looks at knife*

Uh-oh! That's really not good at all... :look:

Hmm, should I lock the knife away in Maxwell's office yet or are do all the passengers need to check its not theirs?

Schmelt, I think once the rest of the passengers have done inspecting the knife. I think we should keep it safe somewhere in his office. Otherwise, we could place it in the lost and found area. Our passengers are sure very hysterical about weapons and stuff.

Dynamic Movement: Go to second car and ask Mark and Bulldog to join me, in private...

So the passengers can go wherever they like and have private conversations, but the staff can't investigate possible occupational health and safety violations without a mob forming! :hmpf: Yes, typical of ze hoity-toity passengers we have on this train! Everything is their business! When I got to bed tonight, nobody better try and roll my 96 sided die or feel my rock samples or I can tell you now breakfast will be seriously disrupted!

*Ding* *Ding* I am serving dinner now, and will lock the knife away once all the passengers have had a squizz.

So the passengers can go wherever they like and have private conversations, but the staff can't investigate possible occupational health and safety violations without a mob forming! :hmpf: Yes, typical of ze hoity-toity passengers we have on this train! Everything is their business! When I got to bed tonight, nobody better try and roll my 96 sided die or feel my rock samples or I can tell you now breakfast will be seriously disrupted!

I didn't expect to be treated so rudely by the staff. I simply want to talk with my new friends about some lady troubles I'm having... Sheesh.