Just got into the Mindstorms NXT series.

I made a purchase from BrickLink for all of the pieces needed to build Alpha Rex 2.0 using a parts list from 8547. Sadly, the instructions for the build are only on the software. Does anyone know where to find a pdf or website that has the instructions?

I've tried a million google searches to no avail. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for any info!

EDIT: I'm so frustrated that I can't find it!

I have a BrickLink store and the first person to post instructions in LDD or direct me to the website that has the exact instructions, I'll give away ANY ONE mini poly-bag set to that person directly from my store.

P.S. I don't know if I'm allowed to post BrickLink info, so I'll just send my store info to whomever finds me the instructions.

Thanks again!

Edited by Winston Cooper

That is a great resource! Unfortunately, the instructions in that database are the printed instructions that come with the set and I have the physical instructions for 8547. What I'm trying to find are the instructions that are embedded within the software of the retail version of 8547.

I think this Lego Mindstorms website has what you are looking for. :classic: There are instructions for the Lego 8527 "Classic Clock", "Alpha Rex", and "Music Player", plus the Music Player's NXT program files.

I think that's the older Alpha Rex from 8257. I could have a stab at building him in Lego Digital Designer if you like, it shouldn't be too hard and then you can work out building instructions from that.

I think that's the older Alpha Rex from 8257. I could have a stab at building him in Lego Digital Designer if you like, it shouldn't be too hard and then you can work out building instructions from that.

That would be amazing! I have a BrickLink store and the first person to post instructions in LDD or direct me to the website that has the exact instructions, I'll give away ANY ONE mini poly-bag set to that person. I'm so frustrated that I can't find it!

There is a Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf file available on this website for an "improved" Alpha Rex.

I saw one, but the instructions posted for the "improved" alpha rex only show the part different than the original build. There are also 13 thousand+ designs on there. I went through about 25 pages and only saw one alpha rex 2.0 :cry_sad:

Ask and ye shall receive. :classic:

8547%20Alpha%20Rex.png?dl_name=8547%20Alpha%20Rex.png

LXF File

LDD being what it is there are a couple of minor issues. There is a blue pin on the outside of each foot which can't quite be rotated into place, in both cases it should click into the bley 5-long liftarm. There are also a few steering rods which aren't truly connected at both ends, I've left them resting as close as possible to the ball-pin they're supposed to click onto so hopefully you can work that out. The white rubber bands should be hooked between the ball-pins in each hand. Finally, one of the panel pieces seems to have a collision bug so I've left them to one side. They're used in three places, under the ultrasonic sensor and one either side of the NXT PBrick. It should be pretty obvious how they attach.

Anything that isn't clear, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Mindstorming!

Edited by AndyC

Finally, one of the panel pieces seems to have a collision bug so I've left them to one side. They're used in three places, under the ultrasonic sensor and one either side of the NXT PBrick. It should be pretty obvious how they attach.

I found out that it's actually the blue 3M pin that is the culprit. If you rotate lowest of the three blue pins 45 degrees, the panel should fit. Seems the collision volume on the flange on the 3M pin is modelled as a square, so when you rotate, it fits. :wacko:

EDIT: Actually I'm wondering if not the placement of those panels is illegal against the blue pin? Anyone has the real model built up and can see if there is any stress on the elements? Either that, or the panel is badly modelled in LDD.

Ask and ye shall receive. :classic:

8457_alpha_rex.png

LXF File

LDD being what it is there are a couple of minor issues. There is a blue pin on the outside of each foot which can't quite be rotated into place, in both cases it should click into the bley 5-long liftarm. There are also a few steering rods which aren't truly connected at both ends, I've left them resting as close as possible to the ball-pin they're supposed to click onto so hopefully you can work that out. The white rubber bands should be hooked between the ball-pins in each hand. Finally, one of the panel pieces seems to have a collision bug so I've left them to one side. They're used in three places, under the ultrasonic sensor and one either side of the NXT PBrick. It should be pretty obvious how they attach.

Anything that isn't clear, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Mindstorming!

YAY! It works in building mode and it's exactly what I needed! That is awesome. THANKS so much!

Here is my store info on BrickLink ManyMiniBricks

You can go there and pick any one mini set that you'd like! Just let me know what your selection is and I'll ship it out to you. :wink:

:classic:

Edited by Winston Cooper

[bump]

Does anybody still want all the instructions that came on the cd with NXT 2.0 in pdf?

I can send it to you, just pm me :classic:

[bump]

Does anybody still want all the instructions that came on the cd with NXT 2.0 in pdf?

Hi,

I want those instructions! Sent it to polive99@gmail.com please...

Thanks

I had the same problem. I have found the original cd's online somewhere. Beware that there are two versions (retail and student). Retail has the instructions for the models and the educational version has some exercises/instructions.

[bump]

It would be nice if you could send it to me. It's a shame that they are not available from the official lego website.

Thx, Peter

PS: Can't view your profile for your mail adress since i'm a new member, i assume you could see mine...

Edited by PeJoBo

I had sent a Eurobricks Private Message (PM) to legolijntje, and he wrote back that one can download the ENTIRE SET of PDF Building Instructions for the Lego 8547 Mindstorms NXT 2.0 set in a 50.3-MB ZIP file: "You can just download it here: DOWNLOAD LINK TO DROPBOX SkyDrive. Please read the README file. I hope you'll like it :classic:

-- Merlijn"

It contains the Building Instructions for:

1) Alpha Rex 2.0 (pictured earlier in this topic)

2) Color Sorter

3) Robo Gator

4) Shooterbot

8547-0000-xx-33-2.jpg8547-0000-xx-33-3.jpg8547-0000-xx-33-4.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I had sent a Eurobricks Private Message (PM) to legolijntje, and he wrote back that one can download the ENTIRE SET of PDF Building Instructions for the Lego 8547 Mindstorms NXT 2.0 set in a 50.3-MB ZIP file: "You can just download it here: DOWNLOAD LINK TO DROPBOX. Please read the README file. I hope you'll like it :classic:

-- Merlijn"

FANTASTIC! I needed instructions printed so that my 7year old daughter can assemble the AlphaRex robot. Not much sense having her doing that with the PC ... thus I was more than happy that legolintje did that copy and past job already!

Still I was concerned to print out the full instructions with the grey background. Beside perhaps not improving visibility on the printout I rather worried about the amount of ink that would be spend useless in making the background. So I put in another hour and cleaned up the background: Here you can find the result http://db.tt/fUcXDASw (zip file with three pdf-files where file no three includes original no3 and no4.) There are now two instruction pages per print page that is in A4 / Letter paper format.

My daughter has already gone through the first 58 instructions and two feet are waiting now to become a robot tomorrow, some ~80 instructions waiting for her :sweet:.

UPDATE: Fitting AlphaRex 2.0 with rechargeable battery pack

Being quite upset to figure out that the original AlphaRex2.0 building instructions would not allow the use of the lithium battery pack, I searched the net for solution and found this one

http://bluetoothkiwi...-rex.html#links

however this is for the 1.0 Version - and instructions seemed be a little bit complicated for me.

Searching further I came along this "Alpha Rex" enhancement description

http://us.mindstorms...58-fbddeba4cd5d

which does however (as you can see in the comments) not address the battery pack problem.

Thus I decided to have my daughter build the model according to instructions and find a solution once it had been build. And I guess that I have found a good solution that will even address the other enhancements by bringing intentionally up the shoulders by one unit.

Please find the instructions here: http://db.tt/4h4Brfpx

Cheers, Enno.

Edited by E2nO

Hello Everbody,

I'am a AFOL (31 years old) and last Christmas, my wife offered to me Mindstorm NXT 2.0 box.

I looking for ENTIRE SET of PDF Building Instructions for the Lego but unfortunately link given by DLuders on dropBox no longer works.

I try to access to member list in order to directly contact DLuders but I have not enough right to do this :((

Does anyone can help me :)

@ crakdown: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: I just uploaded legolijntje's 51.5-MB ZIP file of the Lego 8547 Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Instructions onto SkyDrive here. :wink:

He wrote this in his "ReadMe.txt" file: "This are PDF's of the original instructions from the CD that came with NXT 2.0. ONLY FOR PERSONAL USAGE!!!

Important:

Every model has PDF instructions and 4 programs to upload to your NXT.

Number 4 of every program is the most complex and is used as the "final program"....I hope you like this :)

Legolijntje on EuroBricks and other websites"

Edited by DLuders

@ DLuders

Many thanks for your quick answer and for the ZIP file :D

Thanks also for your tips about programs to upload to my NXT.

Have a good day.

@DLuders and others, in the meantime (I sent you that file a long time ago :wink: ), I made a new zip file containing the program instructions too (as requested by some). You can download the complete zip file here.

So you can remove your skydrive file again, as this is on my dropbox, I wanted to keep the same link, but that didn't worked. I tried to find this topic to change the download link, but I couldn't find it anywhere... Sorry for the inconvenience :grin: