Sign in to follow this  
rloesberg

First attempt to a realistic port

th_thindexedgif.gif 104c

I discovered classic-pirates just this year and I really love to see all the MoCs, especially the more realistic ones. I have a lot of pirate Lego, mostly bluecoats, redcoats and Imperial Armada. I want to build a port/harbour for these battle ships. Since for now I don't have the space in my appartment, Im using LDD (Though I hate it that not all lego parts are available).

I started on a small port, just for one boat, but as you can see, it only has a tavern, a shipwright for small boats and the government building. My dreamport needs a fort to defend it and enough space for several ships.

I already discovered beautifull MoCs from others, but would love to hear ideas from you all.

I included my first attempt in LDD, which is also published at the lego website (username droopymccool or title pirates port)

Hope you like it, but feel free to comment it.

post-7056-1260008288.jpg

First of all I'd like to welcome you to Eurobricks, I hope you will have a great time here. :pir-classic:

I also see you've attached the image. Here are some turtorials which might be useful to help you out with posting pictures.

I see a very promising port growing there, nice details as well! The buildings are quite narrow, perhaps you can add more width to them to add even more realism.

You have done a great job so far, and I'm sure I'll follow the progress!

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Hey welcome!

Your first attempt looks really good. I would improve this with buildings on angles and a ramp to the landing stage for easy loading. No one could climb the ladder heavy loaded. :pir_laugh2:

Hope you find a way to do it with bricks, it's the only real feeling and if you have so much of it, they screem to use them.

Looks good so far. And I agree: only one way to REALLY judge it... brick it! :pir_laugh2:

Looking very nice so far, and welcome :pir-classic: Nice colour scheme and building designs, althouth i think you should raise the dock if you planing to have some big ships there, because the ship will only end up dwarfing the dock and making them look odd. Would be nice to see this put to the brick! Any questions, just ask :pir-classic:

Looking very nice so far, and welcome :pir-classic: Nice colour scheme and building designs, althouth i think you should raise the dock if you planing to have some big ships there, because the ship will only end up dwarfing the dock and making them look odd. Would be nice to see this put to the brick! Any questions, just ask :pir-classic:

You are right Derfel, I should raise the dock, because it is not suitable for the large ships. Thanks for the tip. I really like the MOCs that you made. They are so realistic.

Mayday, Anno 1701 was new to me, I love it.