CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

For y'all wondering about thw release dates of these sets, it's most likely December, not November. New licensed themes (Toy Story and Super Heroes) always start to show up around the second week of December, while unlicensed themes mostly show up in November. :wink:

Awesome. Thanks for putting it all into some kind of timeline for us. I'm so excited for these figures, it's a bit hilarious.

If you look at all the licensed sets, it's only the superheroes sets which the prices £ and $ are the same. Pirates Of The Carribean in USD is slightly more expensive than GBP, but LOTR their $59.99 set is £49.99, so could that be the same for the Shellraiser? Also I think the Lair will be $39.99, so could that be £34.99? But I do think the three cheap sets we've seen will be the same in £ and $, although I can't tell with 79105 yet, because no info or pics have been released.

I hate to say it, but the calm Donatello looks awfully like the Leonardo from the lair.

Look again.

Both versions of Donatello:

NewDonatello.png

Donatello1.png

I think that the calm one comes in Shredder's bike and gaptooth one comes in Baxter set.

LEGO-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtle-Minifigures-0.jpg

Interesting how there's printing on the back despite the fact that it's covered by a shell piece.

Interesting how there's printing on the back despite the fact that it's covered by a shell piece.

I bet one of the "X" sword sheath backpacks will look good on Leonardo in place of the shell because of that.

Damn, I would've hoped to get them before everybody goes mad on the January sales and now my shopping centre with my LEGO and Apple stores will be packed. I hope there will be some kind of polybag will be released at January like usually do, like if you spend £30 or more you get one, (I hope it will be a TMNT one to promote the new line.)

EDIT: I keep looking at the preliminary pics and why would a footsoldier be in the Kraang's lab? Maybe they have teamed up? It seems a bit stupid that the footsoldier slips on a pizza and he pulls the leaver releasing Michelangelo.

Edited by Jackattack7

Damn, I would've hoped to get them before everybody goes mad on the January sales and now my shopping centre with my LEGO and Apple stores will be packed. I hope there will be some kind of polybag will be released at January like usually do, like if you spend £30 or more you get one, (I hope it will be a TMNT one to promote the new line.)

EDIT: I keep looking at the preliminary pics and why would a footsoldier be in the Kraang's lab? Maybe they have teamed up? It seems a bit stupid that the footsoldier slips on a pizza and he pulls the leaver releasing Michelangelo.

Yeah, Shredder and Kraang team up in the TMNT series.

This poster from Lego club magazine states that TMNT realese date is january:

http://images.wikia..../2c/TMNT_ad.jpg

Awesome!

I just watched the latest episode of TMNT. I think it'll be awesome to have a figure of

Metalhead

Edited by gundamz

Seeing as how we're all just waiting for the climactic release, I thought I'd write a bit on a topic that came up today.

So I was reading through the Technodrome message boards (TMNT Fansite), and somebody posted that their younger brother and his friends essentially 'looked down' upon the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtle show because they thought it was a rip-off of Ninjago.

Oh wow. Don't get me started.

Now firstly, I guess I didn't realize how popular Ninjago really is, and secondly it hit home for me that there's truly an entire generation (Maybe 2) for whom the Ninja Turtles are completely new. They have absolutely no idea that this is the 3rd television iteration. It's kinda weird. And I guess that makes me old, lol. :tongue:

Where am I going with all this? Well, here: How will the 2013 Ninjago line affect the sales of the TMNT line? I'd love for the Nick line to do well enough for a second and heck, third wave, but just how is it going to compete with an established brand like Ninjago? Are kids going to drop Ninjago for the 'new cool thing on the block', or are they going to stick with what they know and like, leaving the turtles in the proverbial dust?

Edited by Miles

Seeing as how we're all just waiting for the climactic release, I thought I'd write a bit on a topic that came up today.

So I was reading through the Technodrome message boards (TMNT Fansite), and somebody posted that their younger brother and his friends essentially 'looked down' upon the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtle show because they thought it was a rip-off of Ninjago.

Oh wow. Don't get me started.

Now firstly, I guess I didn't realize how popular Ninjago really is, and secondly it hit home for me that there's truly an entire generation (Maybe 2) for whom the Ninja Turtles are completely new. They have absolutely no idea that this is the 3rd television iteration. It's kinda weird. And I guess that makes me old, lol. :tongue:

Where am I going with all this? Well, here: How will the 2013 Ninjago line affect the sales of the TMNT line? I'd love for the Nick line to do well enough for a second and heck, third wave, but just how is it going to compete with an established brand like Ninjago? Are kids going to drop Ninjago for the 'new cool thing on the block', or are they going to stick with what they know and like, leaving the turtles in the proverbial dust?

The Ninjago lineup next year is fairly small, and moreover I'm sure the number of kids who like TMNT are at least as numerous as kids who like Ninjago. So I don't think that Ninjago will severely harm the sales of TMNT. In fact, I'm somewhat shocked that TLG is releasing TMNT at a time when it could harm Ninjago's sales.

There are obviously going to be kids who prefer Ninjago to TMNT despite the latter's long cartoon heritage, but I know from experience that kids can be pretty stuck-up about the shows they are most familiar with. As a kid, my parents kept me from watching a lot of shows that they thought weren't constructive, and as such I ended up being quite high-and-mighty about how much better the shows I enjoyed were than shows like Power Rangers and the like. It wasn't until growing up that I realized that the shows I had missed out on (maybe not Power Rangers in particular, but a lot of others for sure) had a lot of redeeming value, and would have been the sort of thing I'd have really enjoyed.

I guess my point is that for every kid who stubbornly rejects a TV show that they think is silly or derivative, there are others who don't have as many shows they're already enjoying, and who will thus be more open to new ideas (or in the case of TMNT, new to them yet not new in the grand scheme of things). I don't think TMNT has anything to worry about.

Thanks Aanchir, you actually crossed my mind as I was typing the post - I've always respected your knowledge of the LEGO Ninja. :wink:

It's a bit odd that I've never watched Ninjago, but I've got a couple places bookmarked online now so I can sit down and see what I've been missing. My only "real" experience with LEGO animation so far has been Clutch Powers, which I loved, so I'm thinking this show should be pretty enjoyable.

Do we know when the 2013 Ninjago line will hit the shelves? I'm assuming the first of the year with most of the other sets we know about?

In any event, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out, and if we can even determine any influence of one on the other. LEGO just has so many sets it releases anymore. It's crazy! (And my wallet kind of hates me. Why can't I be one of those LEGO fanatics that only has the "one line" they collect? These "one-and-done" themes might be the end of me. Stupid Monster Fighters with it's awesomely awesome minifigures...lol. :grin:

That is interesting. Any pics?

Also, do any of you know what the base color is for the Battle Damaged Krang's torso and legs?

Thanks.

Edited by commodore_legolas

3rd animated iteration, yes, but the 4th television iteration total. Don't forget about The Next Mutation (even though I wouldn't blame you for wanting to).

And, yes, I feel old.

Images of 79100-79105 are available from shop@home cache. I can't directly post images link in this new version forum. :pir-sad2:

http://cache.lego.co...00_alt1?$large$

http://cache.lego.co...01_alt1?$large$

http://cache.lego.co...02_alt1?$large$

http://cache.lego.co...03_alt1?$large$

http://cache.lego.co...04_alt1?$large$

http://cache.lego.co...05_alt1?$large$

Edited by whung

Thank you so much! :classic:

79005 looks amazing! I love the April and Baxter figures! :wub:

And the 79001 looks way better up close!

Edited by just2good

So It looks like I won't be getting a Leonardo figure, which sorta stinks.. but I don't want to get either of the sets he comes in. I'm definitely getting the three small sets , though. Maybe I'll just have to keep an eye out for a Leo Keychain or whatever.

Hey an April figure. And for some reason there's three Raphs though they're the same one in 79102 and 79105. I don't see a reason to get 79102 unless you really want that fish guy.

The Baxter set looks $30.