Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #105: Eternal Reaper

The tale I am about to tell you is, at last, the final chapter. The final chapter of a much, much longer story... That began over three thousand years ago.

972LB66.png

There is a lonely, remote island in the North. Three thousand years ago, the mages who resided there were slowly dying. The harsh wintry climate allowed neither cattle or steed to survive. Each day for the mages was a constant struggle against the cruel snow. The land was barren and infertile, and desolate of life. Thus, slowly but surely, the mages died one by one in the frigid cold. The greatest evokers among the mages sought to end the misery that plagued their people. Utilizing their greatest treasure, the Lifespark, they banded together and conducted a ritual atop the highest mountaintop. By the ritual's end, they had created a new type of lifeform: a new species was born.

Gc7Bv.gif

The Proggs.

Little did they know that their own creation would eventually doom them to an even worse fate then before. The Proggs, when their population grew large enough, rallied against their masters. Led by four freedom fighters, The Mythrogg, Eve, Primii, and Prometheus, their human slave masters being driven into absolute extinction. This human genocide would be reignited once again in Luosh, controlled by the vile Prometheus - now calling himself The Regret.

The Proggs were thwarted in this attempt. One by one, the three leaders of the Proggs were vanquished at the hands of the Heroes of Heroica.

The Proggs were stopped on that day.

But The Regret lived on.

mYtVYtO.png

Five heroes assemble in the atrium of Heroica Hall. The party stares out of the Hall's many windows as the morning sun lazily rises, absentmindedly sorting their gear for the hardships that would befall them. Silently, each one recalled the wrongdoings of their foes, remembering the injustice he had inflicted upon their organization - or, in one man's case, recalling the atrocities of the "ally" that would be accompanying them. Those five heroes were:

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Level 30 Paladin *Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Pierces SP From Front Row* *SP Ignored From Back Row*

Power: 49 (Level 29 + WP: 14 + Power Bonus: 5)

Power Bonus: 5

Defense: 10 (SP: 7 + SP: 3)

Health: 53/53 (Base HP: 10 + Level bonus: 39 + Class bonus: 11 + Permanent bonus: 3)

Ether: 29/29 (Base Ether: 0 + Level/Class bonus: 29)

Gold: 176

Equipment: Scupperer (WP: 14; Darkness-, Fire-elemental; inflicts Bleeding (-5) and Poisoned (-10); great sword) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness; Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves, Mopag Helm (SP: 3; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle) *Pseudo's Blessing (+4 Power; not an artifact)*

Inventory: Frozen Saber (WP: 9; Light-, Ice-elemental; inflicts Stunned; great sword), Lullaby Wand (WP:6, Inflicts Sleeping Effect)

Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear)

Garnet, Sapphire, Amethyst

Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song)

Mulled Wine, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Admantite Shard (1/4 of a piece of Adamantite), Milk, 5x Mead, x2 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts

Bedroll

*Chicken Leg (+2, Quest 28), Drumstick (+1, Quest 70)

**Pseudo's Blessing (+4, Quest 40), Big Apple (+1, Quest 70)

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask-Cour

23? years old human female

Level 25.3 Witch

Defence: 2

Health: 41/41 (7+24+8+2)

Ether: 31/31 (1+24+4+2)

Gold: 680

Equipment: Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lowers the target's level by 1; coils around the users arm when outside of battle, whip), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE, and Free Hits, suitable to women only; body wear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: +2, Max. Ether: +4, back wear), Paper Doll (immunity to hexed, accessory)

Inventory:

*Weapons:

Spring Staff (WP: 12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount;
water
elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP: 10,
fire
elemental staff), Doppleganger (WP: 10, Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on the target enemy on successful hits; longsword), Sexy (WP: 8, disregards SP, longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3), Rusty Dagger (WP: 2, deals poisoned by 10 effect, breaks after 3 uses)

*Minstrel Weapons: Angelic Trumpet (WP: 5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant's Guitar (WP: 5, user is lucky)

*Artefacts:

Glittering Dress (The user's job traits are replaced with those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee, and Money Maker; suitable for women only, body wear), Medal of Valour (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience in battle. Accessory), Skull Mask (SP: 1, wearer can pose as undead, headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Changes user's appearance into an elf, accessory), Witch's Talisman (Makes the witch's poisonous attacks cause poisoned by 10-effect instead of poisoned by 1, suitable for witches; accessory)

*Minstrel Artefacts: Encore Plectrum (If the same battle song is sung more than one round in a row, the song's ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable for minstrels; accessory)

*Gems: Ruby (Fire)

*Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Newtity

*Battle Songs: True Love's Serenade (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round, cost 10 ether; Battle Song)

*Consumables:

Potion, Grand Potion x2, Tonic, Grand Tonic x4, Remedy x4, Phoenix Essence x5, Nostrum x3, Mulled Wine, 9 Venoms, Pumpkin Bomb (causes poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Neutralizer x2, Tasty Pretzel (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened, and encouraged-effects upon consumption), 5 Herbal Infusions (Removes negative effects and causes Blessed and Transcended effects), Grating Stone

*Tools: Telescope, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

*Sheep: Baaffy (Pet Sheep, whenever unleashed, puts random enemy fast asleep, unlimited use)

Quest Items/Roleplay Item: Masson's Journal Entry 11, Map of Brendenton, Spider Coin (worth 1 gp), Forest Journal, Blue Syndicate Uniform, Kayla's Mask, Ulric's Letter

Jeaux2.jpgJeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Evoker

Level 18.5 *Blessed* *Transcended* *Immune to Sealing, Bleeding, and Confused*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 2

Health: 26/26

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 710

Equipment: Divine Cannonade (WP:13; gives blessed- and transcended-effects to user; hollow; handcannon), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5), Automaton Armor (SP:2, immune to bleeding and confused; suitable to automata only; bodywear)

Inventory: Enchanted Bracelet (protects from sealing; accessory), Handy Suitcase (SP-2, use 2 items per round; accessory), Professor's Kit (successful attacks on Mechanical enemies have a 1/3 of turning them to the hero’s side for the next three rounds as a tamed monsters, accessory), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Topaz, Diamond, Amethyst, Soma, Tonic, Grand Tonic x2, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence x2, Remedy x2, Venom x2, Volatile Venom x4, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Jinxy Juice, Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Bone x6, Experienced Turdwing (Deals the confused and poisoned by 1 effects on an opponent when used, fly familiar)

Summons: Nilrem (Paladin Armor, Lightning Armor, Demon Armor)

ava-em.jpg

Em (emjajoas) *Immune to electricity*

Unknown age human male Warden

Level 17.5

Power Bonus: 5

Defense: 25

Health: 36/36

Gold: 38

Equipment: Aquabow (WP: 7, Water-elemental), Iron Knuckle Armour (Body, foot, and hand wear. Counts as one artefact. Usable by knights and dragoons. SP: 10. Cannot be removed by enemies), Vigilant (SP 12, halved damage from elemental attacks, immune to electricity, shield), Anniversary Medal (Artefact/Accessory) (Power +3, SP +3, Max. Health +3, Max. Ether +3. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year)

Inventory:

Consumables: Smoke bomb, Nostrum x2, Potion x3, Remedy x2, Venom, Grand Potion x5, Mead x2, Ambrosia x2, Smelling Salts

Weapons:

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

Equipment: Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Frost Helm (SP: 3, immune to ice, suitable for anyone)

Buffs: Permanent + 3 HP, +2 Power, and +1 Ether from Crystal Sovereign.

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas, 199 years old,

Level 22.66 Druid

Power: 37

Health: 36/36

Ether: 25/25

Gold: 147

Equipped: Tritech Handcannon (WP:16, Fire-elemental, permanent poisoned 7, cursed), Satchel of Awesomeness (Permanent Lucky-effect; bodywear, suitable for anyone), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only), Machine's Heart (The hollowed out heart of Monolith, after being defeated, halves all damage from Earth, Electrical, and Mechanical type enemies; bodywear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

*Qlice (WP: 8, club, permanent Poison 4), Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, bow, provides hastened effect for one round each battle)

*Mage's muffler (protects from sealing; accessory, suitable for anyone), Helmet (+1 max. health; headwear, suitable for anyone), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrified; accessory, suitable for anyone), Helmet (+1 max. health),

*Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope,

*Scroll of Weakening

*6 Potions, Grand Potion, 6 Mead, 5 Smelling Salts, 15 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Fire Bomb, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Skeleton Decoy, Saber teeth, Jinxy Juice x2, Grand Tonic x2, Love Potion, Blind Fury, Grating Stone, Mythril Shard x2, Silver Ore, 3 Elixirs, 2 Phoenix Essences, Emergency Essence x2, Agni Bomb, Sushi (restores 5 HP and 5 Ether), Neutralizer, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Equilibrium Tonic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Heroes of Heroica turn to look as the Sand Queen enters the room.

tuOT4Xp.png

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Heroes. It's good to see you've come on time. You are all here, I trust? There should be one more Heroican arriving shortly that I requested for, as well as two other allies I have recruited.

I must also ask you: How do you believe is most fit as Party Leader?"

QM Note: Welcome to 105! :thumbup: Please confirm within 24 hours, as well as check to make sure your stats are alright. When everyone confirms, I'll move this along.

Edited by Endgame

Johon returns to the hall, looking towards the quest-board and notices a poster recently been torn down. He looks around, noticing a group of familiar heroes around the Sand queen, and decides to find out what was going on. Walking over, a severe headache overcomes him. As he grabs his head, it seems as if time has paused, the heroes around the hall simply a blur... Then, an unmistakable, wretched voice pounds through his skull.

S8jrq.png "Thought I forgot about you, my beloved orphan? No no no... Welcome back, welcome to your demise...."

Then it stops, and the events around him continue. He walks over to the party now, wanting to find out more.

"Hello..." Johon says, listening into the conversation, still unaware he had been chosen for the quest.

Sand Queen gives Johon a befuddled look.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Mr. Johon, have you not yet received the Z-Mail I sent you?"

"Huh?" Johon says, checking his pocket. He pulls out the slip, opening it and skimming over it. "Oh, I had forgot to check this..." He says, now with a look of concern on his face. "It seems like the regret is finally back..." He says, grimacing.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Yes, and he himself organized this quest. When I heard that you were reutnring from the fields and had experience with his forces, I Z-Mailed you... Despite the fact that he posted that quest, I think just sitting idle and allowing him to dictate our fates would be foolish.

Do you accept the invitation?"

"Of course." Johon replies, prepared, even if it'd mean he'd die, so long as he would stop the regret.

OoC: I am updating my stats and changing my class, so I'll post stats when I'm done.

QM Note: Edit your statistics page, and I'll post it here when the time comes.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Very well.

Now... Is everyone else here? Your other two allies should be arriving shortly."

Em grits his teeth, shoulders tense.

"I am here," he states simply, constantly checking himself over-- Did he have all his equipment? Did he have enough consumables? Was he prepared?

It seemed as though Em was nervous.

Erdathcath pulls herself up, upon noticing the group of heroes, she walks over, a dark cloud hanging over her. Finally, it was time, time to destroy the one thing she felt destined to destroy, her whole life felt like it led up to this point.

"Erdathcath Madilinas, reporting in. I'm ready."

This was the moment, the moment her life changed, and nothing, absolutely nothing would even be the same for her again.

OOC: All my stats look to be in order.

Boomingham ambles forward from the bar and stands rather silently at the edge of the group. He eyes his companions carefully.

OoC: I have to leave for work, but my stats are outdated, it looks like I forgot to update them post 96. Sorry. I will fix them up in a few hours (when I get off of work... so like 9 or 10 hours). :blush: Or you can just copy them from 96, add 750 gold and take away my shard.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"I see some of you are nervous - and some of you are rather motivated. Be careful, Heroes - The Regret has manipulated the emotions of the Heroes in past, you must keep yourselves in che-"

At that moment, the door opens, and in steps in two more figures.

baH72yp.png

qi64g.png

"Hello, *wheeze* heroes!"

eVfSkBk.png

"I apologize for being late, I had an... eventful night, last night."

He shoots Em and Jeaux knowing clances, and seems to smile warmly towards Karie.

Em nods in greeting to Masson, but smiles at Punii--calming down significantly, though still tense. "Hello again, Punii," he greets. "How... are things?"

qi64g.png

"About the *wheeze* same... Nervous, though. Very, *cough* very, nervous..."

Jeaux grabs his hand-cannon upon seeing Masson. He recognized the purple robes and hood from the man who had threatened Karie, Em, and himself on their first quest for Heroica. "What are you doing here?"

Em glances between Jeaux and Masson. "He works with the Town Watch now, Jeaux," he informs. "He's going to help us take down the Regret. If you've bad blood, I'd prefer you leave it until after we kill the demon." Em sneaks a glance at Boomingham upon saying this, though only for a split second. He was worried the party would be torn apart before they even got a chance to hit Regret.

"We're all nervous. We can only do what we can. But... that should be enough," Em sighs, hunkering down near Punii. He seemed to be reassuring himself as much as the little Progg.

"Jeaux," Johon says, extending his arm to prevent a fight "We need to put differences aside, and work together. The Regret is a more powerful foe than you realize."

Jeaux looked at Em. He had the same knowledge of the Stealer of Senses as Jeaux and still seemed to trust him now. He shouldered the handcannon and turned to Em, "You have been a loyal member of Heroica for as long as I have, and if you trust him then I will as well." Jeaux gave one more glance towards Masson, he wasn't sure what could have caused the man to turn over a new leaf but Johon was right. Doubt and suspicion would threaten the success of the mission.

Edited by joeshmoe554

Em nods in acknowledgement to Jeaux's trust, though he frowns slightly.

"As far as our Party Leader goes, I think--"

Em's frown deepens for a moment. He knew Boomingham was both a trustworthy man and party leader, but with the bad blood between him, Karie, and Masson, perhaps Boomingham wasn't the best choice.

"I think Erdy should be our party leader."

Edited by Emjajoas

Jeaux grabs his hand-cannon upon seeing Masson. He recognized the purple robes and hood from the man who had threatened Karie, Em, and himself on their first quest for Heroica. "What are you doing here?"

Masson looks at Jeaux, befuddled.

eVfSkBk.png

"But... Jeaux, you were at my wedding last night, you saw me- wait. Oh, Ennoc... You've never gotten my real name back then or seen my face, have you?"

Masson removes the hood.

Vcmh0ri.png

"Is this a more familiar face? I've... reformed, Jeaux. Karie and I are married now."

Edited by Endgame

Karie fumbles in late, looking slightly hung over.

"Yup, I'm here. Don't worry."

"Jeaux, look, remember that letter I sent you at Grogmas? Well, yeah... he's my husband."

Karie notices Lawrence at the back, glancing him over.

Everything looks good. :thumbup:

Erdathcath examines the situation exploding, and calming down in front of her. She recognizes Masson, though never knew much about him, she did meet him once before.

"Masson, I believe we met once before, shortly after I helped slay a foul creature and servant of the Regret. I am glad to have you join us on this quest, we will need all that we can access to finish off the Regret. As for the role of leader, if you all agree, I would be willing to take such a large and powerful role unto myself."

Erdathcath examines the situation exploding, and calming down in front of her. She recognizes Masson, though never knew much about him, she did meet him once before.

"Masson, I believe we met once before, shortly after I helped slay a foul creature and servant of the Regret. I am glad to have you join us on this quest, we will need all that we can access to finish off the Regret. As for the role of leader, if you all agree, I would be willing to take such a large and powerful role unto myself."

Karie shrugs. She had little interaction with the tree person, but she seemed confident enough.

"I'll agree to that sentiment. I vote for... Erdathcath? It was Erdathcath, right? Yes, I vote for her as party leader."

She rummaged through her stuff, noticing stuff she didn't need.

"Jeaux, you need anything? How about this ruby?"

She feels awkward talking to the automaton after all this time. What had he been up to. She wondered if anything had changed about him.

Masson takes note of Karie's apparent hangover.

Vcmh0ri.png

"Need a remedy, ma cherie? I brought a couple...

And yes, Erdathcath, I believe we did meet on Goland. The Minoid is doing just fine there, or so I've heard. He learned a lot from you and your crew back there."

The Veteran seems to be relieved that the standoff had defused itself, and continues.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Since it appears that you're all here, there is something I'd very much like to emphasize: The Regret's legions, despite their inherent wickedness, display excellent cooperation. His entire army acts in almost perfect unity. After all, all of his followers are either made by him or mercilessly brainwashed into servitude, from what we know. There is no dissent within his ranks, and you must be wary of that. Any sort of weakness or tension in your group will allow The Regret to pry your party apart. You musn't let this happen.

In terms of The Regret himself... He organized a - thankfully stopped - genocide, mass produced a horde of demons, commissioned a brainwashing program on humans, enslaved half of his own species, and created a living warmachine. He also has enough magical might to censor my visions of his island, something which is... concerning, to say the very least.

He is a formidable foe, heroes."

qi64g.png

"You can *wheeze* say that again... I fought him when he was trying to lose, and he was still *cough* the most powerful thing I've met."

The Sand Queen sighs, a somber look on her brow.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"And that's... Only his track record for when Heroica knew of him. I've done some research on the manner, and he has always been bringing darkness to our world for a long, long time. The Azzurati called him The Defiler, because of his disregard of everything sacred. Souls, nature... He saw them as his play things.

You must stop him, heroes. You must go to his Citadel, his own territory, and put a stop to his machinations before it is too late. However, his Citadel is halfway around the world... But I have a solution to that problem."

The Sand Queen pulls out a package, carefully opening it up and unfolding part of the contents.

HRIUdza.pngSwift Sail

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Something of a gift. You see, I've commisioned a ship, the Excelsus, to bring you to the Northern reaches of Olegaia. Present this sail to the ship's captain, Captain Armstrong. It will allow his ship to sail extraordinarily fast, and hopefully secure you a decent amount of time to stop The Regret from doing whatever he plans.

Any questions, heroes?"

Edited by Endgame