SirNadroj

NEW Official Pirate Minifigure Pictures?

I visited the LEGO store in Chandler, AZ. In a display case, they had tons of brand new, mixed figures ~ jesters, witches, new hair sculpts I've never seen, castle maidens, etc.

But what caught my eye was two new pirate figures ~ a rogue pirate, and a napoleon-esqe character. I pleaded with some employees to sell em' to me, but they wouldn't budge; however, the manager said he would figure out where they were from and drop me an email; so I'll get back to you asap.

Here are the pics ~ excuse the bad, cell-phone quailty, I'm on vacation, and have limited access to uploading photos:

They should be the first two here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/?saved=1

2638001200_2c8b07b5d6_m.jpg2638001188_e00881c9cd_m.jpg

I'll get back to you on the 12th, when I return.

Hopefully this is good news of a new line? Note: nothing is confirmed, this is my speculation.

Thanks. :jollyroger:

Phredit: added pics of M-Fs

SirNedit:

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

Castle (possible pirate wench)

IMG_4832.jpg

Wow! More proof that I am right. That's three signs;

1. Old pieces returning
  2. A pirate shown in a group of generic figures in an Indy Lego comic
  3. ...and now this!

Now do you think I'm right Mister Phes? :pir-wink:

Thanks SirNadroj!

I wonder if the "release of pirates in 2009" rumor is really true. :pir-oh3:

This is the first hard evidence EVER! :pir-wub:

Fascinating discovery. I certainly don't recognise either torso (though the officer looks a little like a custom I've seen.

With all of the pirate-friendly parts we've been seeing lately, from sabres to alligators and sharks, I can see where they might be working toward a new line, it's just odd that they would let even preliminary figures out the door.

That said, anyone in the Chandler, AZ area who can get some nice pics of those entire cases, with lots of closeup shots of all of the figures displayed, would be doing a nice service to the community. *hint hint* :pir-sweet:

Great find, SirNadroj! :thumbup:

I've got tons of nice pics on my camera, but can't upload them now... I'll post em' on the 12th or 13th...

BTW, the figs (or the soldier at least) has printing on the back!! :thumbup:

Wow! More proof that I am right. That's three signs;

1. Old pieces returning
  2. A pirate shown in a group of generic figures in an Indy Lego comic
  3. ...and now this!

Now do you think I'm right Mister Phes? :pir-wink:

Thanks SirNadroj!

Still dont think that the return of the cutglass dosnt mean crap and that you were overeacting....but meh what the hect :pir-tongue:

Pirates and mindless posite vibes on :thumbup::jollyroger:

Whoa! :pir-cry_happy: This is a truly fascinating find, sir nadroj! :thumbup: I really hope this is some sort of preview to any lego pirates in the future. Thanks for the pictures!

Wow, many thanks, Sir Nadroj! :pir-wub: This looks very promising.

I'm a little dissappointed that the admiral doesn't wear epaulettes though, I really hope that we'll see them back should a new line be released. The Imperials just don't look intimidating or powerful without them.

Still, looking forward to the pictures, Sir Nadroj :pir-sweet:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

I visited the LEGO store in Chandler, AZ. In a display case, they had tons of brand new, mixed figures ~ jesters, witches, new hair sculpts I've never seen, castle maidens, etc.

But what caught my eye was two new pirate figures ~ a rogue pirate, and a napoleon-esqe character. I pleaded with some employees to sell em' to me, but they wouldn't budge; however, the manager said he would figure out where they were from and drop me an email; so I'll get back to you asap.

Here are the pics ~ excuse the bad, cell-phone quailty, I'm on vacation, and have limited access to uploading photos:

They should be the first two here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/?saved=1

Hopefully this is good news of a new line? Note: nothing is confirmed, this is my speculation.

I say, that figure looks tip-top from tip-top to toe. I am leaving for Pheonix tommorow, and perhaps if CHandler is nearby I could get a photo or two.

Still dont think that the return of the cutglass dosnt mean crap and that you were overeacting....but meh what the hect :pir-tongue:

Pirates and mindless posite vibes on :thumbup::jollyroger:

Mindless? It isn't just the cutless; the helmet in the Indy set, the captain hat in the skeleton ship... It seems to me that LEGO are re-making old molds and are using early copies in sets.

I say, those figures look tip-top. I am leaving for Pheonix tommorow, and perhaps if CHandler is nearby I could get a photo or two.

Hopefully this is a good sign for a future Pirates line... however if they're released in 2009 along with the Elves and New Indy sets I'm gonna be broke... especially if they make Temple of Doom sets! :pir-cry_happy:

-Ryan

Why don't they ever have display cases like this in New York? Not even in the Times Square location! :pir-cry_sad:

This is a great find, and seems great evidence to me. So excited, I never had any of the old Pirates sets to myself, though my sister did have the Renegade Runner which I "commandeered" :pir-grin:

do u live arizona??? also what day did u go to lego store in chandler because i went a couple days ago :pir-sceptic:

reply to imperialshadows:i think i can get some pictures of some of the cases that show pirates since i go to the lego store almost every week

p.s. i live in the chandler area

mko away :devil:

Oh this is brilliant! :pir-cry_happy: But will excitement this creates destroy the very fabric of Eb itself?

Batbrick Away! :pir-devil:

Wow, this is really cool! But... How do you know for sure that these are all official minifigures? I'd hate it if they weren't... :pir-cry_sad:

Everyone's getting so exited, but I expect if new pirates are released, loads of people will moan about them :pir-tongue:

Pirate Speculation On!

:skull:

do u live arizona??? also what day did u go to lego store in chandler because i went a couple days ago :pir-sceptic:

It would be great if you could get some higher resolution images and also ask the staff if these are official upcoming LEGO products.

Wow, this is really cool! But... How do you know for sure that these are all official minifigures? I'd hate it if they weren't... :pir-cry_sad: Pirate Speculation On!

I'm also in the category of "not quite convinced yet", so before we start claiming "these are NEW Official Pirate LEGO mini-figures" we better get confirmation first. The torso designs do very much remind me of custom designs I've seen lately.

Is this going to be a licensed theme (if it is a real new pirates theme)? ,they look like fleshies to me, or at least the 2nd one, but maybe it's just the photo.

It is possible that these are just customs, but I think the new star wars minifigs also look like customs, and they are official.

Edited by Fluyt

They look like fleshies to me, or at least the 2nd one, but maybe it's just the photo.

I thought the second one was fleshy tooand I was confused, but SirNadroj has said in the comments on Flickr that he is yellow!

I'm partly exited and partly unsure about these though :pir_wacko:

I thought the second one was fleshy tooand I was confused, but SirNadroj has said in the comments on Flickr that he is yellow!

I'm partly exited and partly unsure about these though :pir_wacko:

I'm glad they're yellow :pir-classic: ,I'd hate it if they where fleshies.

I'm also unsure about these, because if they are real, I don't know of these would fit in with the older pirates very well.

Ive read the things about the Pirate apperances lately but, Do you really think so?

It would be good but, Are kids still intrested in Pirates? I guess since the Castle Lines had a massive kick off, Swords and guns are coming back! :jollyroger:

Are kids still intrested in Pirates?

Yes, very much so, and many adults! They're an important part of history and in entertainment, why do you think things like the Pirates of the Caribbean films have proved so popular? (Aside from the actors in them... :pir-tongue: )

Doesn't look yellow to me, SirNadroj's phone must be playing tricks on us :pir-tongue:

Actually I wanted to say this even before this thread apperared, and I'll say it now: there is going to be a new pirate line. I'm sure of that. You can call it a hunch if you want, but there's just too much evidence. First, TLC knows that the pirates are a popular theme, they even call them "evergreen" (see here). Second, the 4+ and Duplo Pirates seen some time ago - that's not the same obvoiusly, but it's a sign that they haven't forgotten about Pirates in general. Third, the recent appearance of sailing ships in Castle line and previously Viking line. Fourth - the pirate pieces seen in some new sets. And now these!

I can bet a barrel of rum that pirates are coming back - maybe not as soon as 2009, maybe we'll have to wait till 2010 but I'm sure we'll have new Pirates by then. Keep these words in mind me mateys! :pir-classic:

Doesn't look yellow to me, SirNadroj's phone must be playing tricks on us :pir-tongue:

I think its Yellow since only Licenses use Flesh, Right?