This is the first module of a large collab build that Isaac and I are building for Brickfair, Virginia. We’ll be posting one new module a week. The warehouse has a full interior and working doors.

I would like to claim UoP credits for the following:

Landscape Design: snow and ice

Hydrology: still water

Anthropology: life in Mitgardia

The docks of Nordheim are a busy and bustling place during the summer, but once winter arrives and the ice forms, things quiet down considerably. Still, ice fishing is a popular past time, and dock workers still inspect the warehouses to make sure all the goods are where they belong.

Overview.jpg

Back.jpg

Back2.jpg

In2.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt

C&C very much appreciated :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

So that was where you guys were working on! Such a pity I won't be there...

Great build, I also love the inverted cano, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this layout!

Lovely scene! Old man teaching the kid about ice fishing, while two dock workers are busy with definitely less enjoyable things. :laugh: The overturned boat is nicely done and I really like that you used clear parts on the roof besides white ones. Minifigures turned out nicely, I especially liked the old man. Also, is that a fish net or a roll of cloth in the last picture?

Edited by Sorrelon

So that was where you guys were working on! Such a pity I won't be there...

Great build, I also love the inverted cano, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this layout!

Thanks Titus! The boat was pretty challenging, but I think it turned out well :classic:

Lovely scene! Old man teaching the kid about ice fishing, while two dock workers are busy with definitely less enjoyable things. :laugh: The overturned boat is nicely done and I really like that you used clear parts on the roof besides white ones. Minifigures turned out nicely, I especially liked the old man. Also, is that a fish net or a roll of cloth in the last picture?

Haha, yup! :laugh: Glad you like it! And, it's a rolled up sail for boat outside :classic:

Very nice scene, LJ, and glad to see that SK persuaded you to build in our Northern Guild! :laugh: The snow and ice are pulled off excellently, and the warehouse and inverted ship are awesome as well! :thumbup: I really like that crane, the interior details, and the minifigures as well, but I imagine that using the crane with it's hook stuck in the ice would be very challenging! Great detail though, nonetheless - and is there any chance we might be seeing the ship rightside up and outfitted with a crew of Vikings? :grin:

Looking forward to more builds to go along with this from you guys! :classic:

Very nice scene, LJ, and glad to see that SK persuaded you to build in our Northern Guild! :laugh: The snow and ice are pulled off excellently, and the warehouse and inverted ship are awesome as well! :thumbup: I really like that crane, the interior details, and the minifigures as well, but I imagine that using the crane with it's hook stuck in the ice would be very challenging! Great detail though, nonetheless - and is there any chance we might be seeing the ship rightside up and outfitted with a crew of Vikings? :grin:

Looking forward to more builds to go along with this from you guys! :classic:

Thanks Garmadon! The crane's hook is actually just above the ice though :grin: You may see the ship right-side up with some vikings sometime, though probably not in this collab :classic:

Thanks Garmadon! The crane's hook is actually just above the ice though :grin: You may see the ship right-side up with some vikings sometime, though probably not in this collab :classic:

:look::laugh: The bit of glare on the first pic really got me! :grin: I can see it's higher up in a different picture now though, good catch! :laugh:

Really like how you angled the building, and the upside-down boat is great too. Very nice snowscape! +1 for the UoP credits. :thumbup:

:look::laugh: The bit of glare on the first pic really got me! :grin: I can see it's higher up in a different picture now though, good catch! :laugh:

Yea, I can definitely see how you'd think that from the first pic :laugh::classic:

UoP DoH +1 on all claims.

Thanks Gedren!

Really like how you angled the building, and the upside-down boat is great too. Very nice snowscape! +1 for the UoP credits. :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! Glad you like it :classic:

As I said on flickr, this is an excellent build. The snow drifts and the boat are especially nice.

Nice work building in the snow, that is always a difficult task to pull off!

Great work with the boat hull, those are rather tricky to shape but yours turned out nicely :thumbup: The posts actually going down into the ice is pretty neat as well.

Can't wait to see our collab finished and hooked together :grin:

Great built and very realistic! beautiful photos also!

I like your snowjob and the ice effect you've created! :sweet:

As I said on flickr, this is an excellent build. The snow drifts and the boat are especially nice.

Thanks Blufiji! Glad that the boat has been so well accepted :sweet:

Nice work building in the snow, that is always a difficult task to pull off!

Thanks, glad you like it!

Very fine MOC, looks fantastic to me!

Thanks Captain! :classic:

Great work with the boat hull, those are rather tricky to shape but yours turned out nicely :thumbup: The posts actually going down into the ice is pretty neat as well.

Can't wait to see our collab finished and hooked together :grin:

Thanks Isaac, I thought the posts were neat too. Me too! :grin:

Great built and very realistic! beautiful photos also!

I like your snowjob and the ice effect you've created! :sweet:

Thank you, I really like this technique for ice :classic:

Looks great! UoP +1 for all claims.

Thanks BC! :classic:

Great build as always !

Too bad I will not see your collab for real at Brickfair...

I like the ship design ! And the interior of the warehouse is very well done.

Good job !

Honestly, this is one of the best MOCs, that I have ever seen - I just love it!

Glad you like it so much! :sweet: Though, there are many MOCs that I would rank above this :classic:

Great build as always !

Too bad I will not see your collab for real at Brickfair...

I like the ship design ! And the interior of the warehouse is very well done.

Good job !

Thanks Faladrin! :classic:

Fantastic work, the frozen water is it sand blue with sideways transparant bricks on top? It's the best frozen water I've seen done in LEGO.

Edited by Isundir

Honestly, this is one of the best MOCs, that I have ever seen - I just love it!

You clearly have never seen a certain Northern castle :wink:

Fantastic work, the frozen water is it sand blue with sideways transparant bricks on top? It's the best frozen water I've seen done in LEGO.

Yep, except it's medium blue :classic: Thanks!

Nice ice!

Thanks Mike! :classic:

Sweet build LittleJohn! The boat has some nice shaping on it, small brick-built hulls are always tricky. I'm interested to see how the whole collab turns out!