Jump to content


Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat 3


23 replies to this topic

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

Hello again friends, and welcome to another Bat Moc'sN'Mods Treat.
If you can't tell by now, I'm a Batgeek, and this time I finally came over my fear of making a comic based vig. This one's in honour of Brainbox, who hasn't been seen in a while, I miss ya buddy!  :'-(  

Here are links to Part 1 and Part 2.

Today I have:
2 Mods
2 Mini vehicles
2 Custom Figs
2 Comic Based vigs
1 Creation
and a sad scene.
Okay, here we go, as usual the Batmods are up first:

Part 1 - The Mods:

Killer Croc's speedboat:
Posted Image

Reinvented to be sleeker, faster and deadlier. FF missiles removed and replaced by swerve jets, and the cockpit is more enclosed for a smaller and more nimble machine.

Posted Image

Though it seems like a strange one to mod, I am very happy with it, it is a lot better proportioned and cooler now I think.
Front shot.


Scarecrow's Cropduster:   (Full credit to Brainbox for the better controls and partial design)
Posted Image

Better controls and gear stick added, wing wires put in, guns removed, tail dragger added and bomb bay filled in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am also extremely happy with this one, the wire worked better than I thought, and the gearstick and dragger I think add that nice touch. Other mods Here.

Part 2 - The Minis:

Mini Batboat:
Posted Image

A mini version of the sleek Batboat, I'm not entirely happy with it but I think I did okay.

Posted Image

Still, I like how the trans cones came out, the Batboat was really hard, so go easy  ;-)

Mini Batwing:
Posted Image

I am REALLY happy with this, I'm keepinf it together, it may look like a simple design, but it took me over an hour to get perfect  :-$  

Posted Image

Posted Image

The shape is based off the normal depictions really, mostly the animated series and Lego product version, the comics being pretty the same most of the time:

Stand shot, Front shot and top shot.

Part 3 - The Customs:

Black Mask:
I haven't read much Black Mask at all, but I do love how he looks in this wiki picture. So I based him off that using the appropriate Black skellie head and tuxedo torso:
Posted Image

Shadow Batman:
Posted Image

A fig I'll keep like that, for those wonderful BTAS and comic scenes where Batsy appears as a supernatural silhouette in the darkness. I used plasticine to fill in the mouth, the hole looked weird and I think it works well:
Posted Image

Hastily rushed poorly lit night shot. Other customs Here.

Part 4 - The Vigs:

Death of the Joker: (Credit goes to BB1 (Brainbox) for the SFX lettering, despite the fact I my vigs are obviously better  :-P  )
Based on This scene (yes that is my toes holding the book open  :-D ) in the non-canon Dark Knight Returns where, after being paralysed by Batman in the Tunnel of Love to end his murder spree, the Joker plays one last "joke" on Batman by twisting his broken spine further, killing himself laughing all the way. This is so the police will think Batman murdered him and start a manhunt against the Dark Knight:
Posted Image

I would of made the "Krak" light grey but it was used up in my Interactive Apocalypse, but I think it turned out fine. That is Batman bleeding btw. For the Joker's cracked neck I though it would look cool to literally have it barely attached, so I stuck it on with putty like this:
Posted Image
Another shot and Another Shot again.

The Long Halloween is Over:
Based on This scene (yes that is my foot again  :-D ) at the end of my favourite graphic novel The Long Halloween, where the newly created tragic villain Two-Face has resorted to killing mob boss Carmine Falcone to end his reign of terror in Gotham. The once district attorney declares the Long Halloween over, but shows he still has good in him by handing himself over to the police. This scene is a maxi-vig:
Posted Image
Another shot.
I know Gordon has glasses and browny hair in this, but that was the best fleshie head i had and I'm pretty happy with it:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Another shot, and a Comic Shot.
Other vigs Here.

Part 5 - The Creation:

Here it is, the Sleek Batboat:
Posted Image

I love the Bat Hovercraft in the Killer Croc set, but I wanted to have a more classic sleek Batboat that was small, nimble and submersible:
Posted Image

I'm really happy how it turned out, I wanted it to fit in with the other sets so I left some studs showing, and I'm happy with the sleek design and size:
Posted Image

This is my first successful attempt at a new Batboat, my other attempts proved failures, and this time I remembered the propeller  :-D :
Posted Image

Batman fits in perfectly, I have yet to put in controls but the cockpit is so unviewable I don't think I'll bother, I'm happy with how he fits in though, that was the hardest part, he still manages to sit up fairly good:
Posted Image

Comparison shot with the Bat Hovercraft, I love the differences between the two, in size, design and usefulness:
Posted Image

Last part, Part 6 - Missing you Brainbox:

While the rest of EB chats happily away, Batbrick sadly misses Brainbox and hopes he returns  :'-( .......
Posted Image

Please come back Brainbox!

Hope you enjoyed, comments appreciated, thanks!

Oh, and the Batgallery: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=295368

To the Bricksignal!  >:-)

Edited by Batbrick, 27 March 2008 - 09:54 PM.

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6313
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

Wow, you really did a lot of things here *y* .

I must say I saw some of them yesterday evening on BS. But, I didn't look to the creator's name, so I wasn't sure they were yours. [I was a bit on a hurry, so I browsed the pages quickly :-$ ]

There are so many things I could comment on; I'll just stick to those which hit me first.

I like your new Croc's boat: the swerve jets are a great touch people tend not to consider very much *y* .

The Scarecrow's plane was almost perfect, but this mod is state of the art! I *wub* those wires between the wings.

I wish I had a Mini Batwing! TLC should release some Batman based mini-sets, like they did with SW.

My fav vig is 'The Long Halloween is Over'; just because I don't really like the original design of the 'Death of the Joker' scene in the comic (even if the feet add a lot to it X-D ).

All in all: 10+/10


Keep them coming! *y*


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#3 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4663
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:18 AM

very well done Batbrick! i love how you did your minis and i you shouldnt feel embarrassed that it took over an hour, all mine do! i also really like your black mask MF and i think it looks very accurate



10+/10  ;-)  X-D

#4 ???theriddler???

???theriddler???

    Posts: 795
    Joined: 12-June 07
    Member: 1675
    Country: netherlands

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

Wow, that's really cool made!

But please awnser this:

WHAT'S HAPPEND TO BRAINBOX?
When Is The Villain, Not The Villain?

#5 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

Batbrick! I'm confused: that's the first time I can't find any words.... Your creations are SO great, that I'm out of breath!  *sweet*  *y*  *y*  *y*  You did a great job! ))))
I simply love your Black Mask and Shadow Batman.... Thanks for your talent. )  ;-)


P.S.
Thank you for adding me to your last scene. )  *sweet*

#6 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

You did a good job with all your MODs again, especially with that cropduster.  *y*
Your minisīre really cool too, and your vigsīre very fine. The comical writing in Death of the Joker
works brilliant, and your Commissioner Gordon fits very well.  :'-)
Your Batboatīs smooth and elegant indeed.... I wonder how it would look with some kind of
Batweaponry/jet/light on itīs studed tail....  8-|

#7 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

I know how you miss Brainbox, Batbrick.....  :'-(
But, cheer up!:  *sweet*
http://www.ag.ru/scr...ideogame/223380

Edited by The Penguin, 14 March 2008 - 09:01 PM.


#8 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

  • Come mister tally man, tally me sales!


    Posts: 2437
    Joined: 21-March 07
    Member: 1463
    Country: America.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

Hey hey! X-D  I'll do this the fun way :-D

Killer Croc: That's an awesome mod to the original one, yours makes me want to rebuild mine *wub*  *y*

ScareCrow: X-O ....Wow! You completely pimped the Scarecrows plane! *y*  I love all the details you included in this one *y*  *y*  *wub*

Minis: These are awesome! Though, I have no interest in minies, these still are awesome! :-)

The vigs: I'm in love with the first one *wub*  Joker looks completely destroyed :-D  The other one is great as well! Good choice for Gordons head *y*  

The Creation: Well, I love you *wub*  This resembles it completely! I can't find anything wrong with it. By far my favorite creation of yours! *wub*

Eww.....BatBrick feet :-X  ;-)

#9 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

View PostLuxorV, on Mar 14 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

I must say I saw some of them yesterday evening on BS. But, I didn't look to the creator's name, so I wasn't sure they were yours. [I was a bit on a hurry, so I browsed the pages quickly :-$ ]
:-D , I takes me a long time to upload and post them!

View PostLuxorV, on Mar 14 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

I like your new Croc's boat: the swerve jets are a great touch people tend not to consider very much *y* .
The Scarecrow's plane was almost perfect, but this mod is state of the art! I *wub* those wires between the wings.
Thankyou LuxorV, I'm glad you liked the Cropduster, I agree the set was almost perfect so I'm glad I didn't let it down. Killer Croc's speedboat was also a fun reinvention, I'm glad you liked the swerve jets, they make it look a bit more interesting too.

View PostLuxorV, on Mar 14 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

I wish I had a Mini Batwing! TLC should release some Batman based mini-sets, like they did with SW.
Thanks. Hey I agree! Batman like SW centers around vehicles a lot, so why not some sweet minis? Great idea LuxorV!

View PostLuxorV, on Mar 14 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

My fav vig is 'The Long Halloween is Over'; just because I don't really like the original design of the 'Death of the Joker' scene in the comic (even if the feet add a lot to it X-D ).
Yes, I like the scene in the comic but I agree its set in a rather anticlimactic setting. Glad you liked the feet though! Have you read the comic?

View PostLuxorV, on Mar 14 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

All in all: 10+/10
Keep them coming! *y*
LuxorV
Thanks! I will! Scarily enough I have plans already for part 4,5,6 and 7  :-D

View Postricecracker, on Mar 14 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

very well done Batbrick! i love how you did your minis and i you shouldnt feel embarrassed that it took over an hour, all mine do! i also really like your black mask MF and i think it looks very accurate
10+/10  ;-)  X-D
Thankyou ricecracker, I'm glad someone else takes a long time for mocing!  Thanks for you words on my minis and Black Mask, I think the tuxedo torso looks pretty accurate.

View Post???theriddler???, on Mar 15 2008, 03:00 AM, said:

Wow, that's really cool made!
But please answer this:
What's happened to Brainbox?
Thankyou, and regarding Brainbox, I wish I knew.....

View PostThe Penguin, on Mar 15 2008, 07:16 AM, said:

Batbrick! I'm confused: that's the first time I can't find any words.... Your creations are SO great, that I'm out of breath!  *sweet*  *y*  *y*  *y*  You did a great job! ))))
I simply love your Black Mask and Shadow Batman.... Thanks for your talent. )  ;-)
P.S.
Thank you for adding me to your last scene. )  *sweet*
Thankyou very much The Penguin, I'm overjoyed that you liked my creations that much!  X-O
I'm glad you liked Shadow Batman too, and I was happy to include you in the bottom, I remembered you have long purple legs too  ;-)

View PostAsuka, on Mar 15 2008, 07:44 AM, said:

You did a good job with all your MODs again, especially with that cropduster.
Your minisīre really cool too, and your vigsīre very fine. The comical writing in Death of the Joker
works brilliant, and your Commissioner Gordon fits very well.
Your Batboatīs smooth and elegant indeed.... I wonder how it would look with some kind of
Batweaponry/jet/light on itīs studed tail....
Thanks as always Asuka, I'm glad you liked the cropduster mod. I was hoping the writing and Commish worked well, so thanks. I'll see about a mod on the Batboat's tail, thanks for the idea!

View PostThe Penguin, on Mar 15 2008, 07:58 AM, said:

I know how you miss Brainbox, Batbrick.....  :'-(
But, cheer up!:  *sweet*
http://www.ag.ru/scr...ideogame/223380
:-D , thanks The Penguin, I love the pose in that first pic.
Thanks everyone!

EDIT: And thank's Exobuilder!

To the Bricksignal!  >:-)

Edited by Batbrick, 14 March 2008 - 10:42 PM.

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#10 aayla-secura

aayla-secura

    Posts: 798
    Joined: 26-February 07
    Member: 1401
    Country: Austria

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hey mate!
Wow i really love your Mods- like the first 2 topics!
They are coming over very very nicley!

Especially the vignette is a  *wub*  ..

A Question howd you did the mask of the Shadow Trooper??

Mocs n Mods part 4 ON!  :-P

#11 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4824
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:03 AM

Hey Batbrick, great work! I haven't come across the last two of these things, but this one is great, perhaps I will go looking...

I love those two mini builds, especially the Batwing. That is really cool. *wub*

The Mods are really great, making some good stuff look even better, especially that plane, I think that is awesome, and the speedboat looks great too.

The two vigs are great, really effective and portray the scene well.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see more! X-D

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#12 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:46 PM

View PostExobuilder, on Mar 15 2008, 09:22 AM, said:

Killer Croc: That's an awesome mod to the original one, yours makes me want to rebuild mine *wub*  *y*

ScareCrow: X-O ....Wow! You completely pimped the Scarecrows plane! *y*  I love all the details you included in this one *y*  *y*  *wub*
Thanks Exobuilder, I'm glad you like the boat and how I've "pimped" Scarecrow's plane!

View PostExobuilder, on Mar 15 2008, 09:22 AM, said:

Minis: These are awesome! Though, I have no interest in minies, these still are awesome! :-)
Funnily enough, I never was interested in minis, but now I'm keeping the Batwing on display!

View PostExobuilder, on Mar 15 2008, 09:22 AM, said:

The vigs: I'm in love with the first one *wub*  Joker looks completely destroyed :-D  The other one is great as well! Good choice for Gordons head *y*  

The Creation: Well, I love you *wub*  This resembles it completely! I can't find anything wrong with it. By far my favorite creation of yours! *wub*
Joker does look destroyed doesn't he? I'm happy you liked Gordon's head, I hope they release him for real.
Thanks for the compliments on the boat too, a lot.

View PostExobuilder, on Mar 15 2008, 09:22 AM, said:

Eww.....BatBrick feet :-X  ;-)
Agreed  ;-)

View Postaayla-secura, on Mar 15 2008, 09:39 AM, said:

Hey mate!
Wow i really love your Mods- like the first 2 topics!
They are coming over very very nicley!
Especially the vignette is a  *wub*  ..
Thanks Aayla mate! Glad you enjoyed it!

View Postaayla-secura, on Mar 15 2008, 09:39 AM, said:

A Question howd you did the mask of the Shadow Trooper??
Mocs n Mods part 4 ON!  :-P
I used plasticine to fill in the mouth. Part 4 ON indeed!  X-D

View Postdragonator, on Mar 15 2008, 05:03 PM, said:

Hey Batbrick, great work! I haven't come across the last two of these things, but this one is great, perhaps I will go looking...
You'd better go looking my friend, or you won't last long in Interactive Apocalypse!  :-P

View Postdragonator, on Mar 15 2008, 05:03 PM, said:

I love those two mini builds, especially the Batwing. That is really cool. *wub*
The Mods are really great, making some good stuff look even better, especially that plane, I think that is awesome, and the speedboat looks great too.
Thanks, I think the Batwing and Plane are best too.

View Postdragonator, on Mar 15 2008, 05:03 PM, said:

The two vigs are great, really effective and portray the scene well.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see more! X-D
Thanks, I hope to make more!

To the Bricksignal!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#13 VBBN

VBBN

  • Teaching is made up of patience


    Posts: 5299
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1621
    Country: United States

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:25 AM

Great! I love these goodies! Can we see a part 4 in the future?

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

Before this is all over, promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine.


#14 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

View Post~VBBN~, on Mar 16 2008, 11:25 AM, said:

Great! I love these goodies! Can we see a part 4 in the future?
Thanks, I think Part 4 will be a while off, as I'm almost out of mods to do. I still have a few things planned though, hopefully within the next month or two  ;-)

To the Batbrick Cave!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#15 Millacol88

Millacol88

  • Pokey


    Posts: 1869
    Joined: 11-February 08
    Member: 2723
    Country: Canada

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

Everything looks ok except for the mini batboat. Its just a little too simple for my liking. Other than that, good job. *sweet*

Edited by millacol88, 21 March 2008 - 05:07 PM.


#16 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

|-/  You could have waited until after my Part 3 was up. I did coin the idea after all.  ;-)

Right then, what have we got?

Croc's boat. A nice MOD there, BB2 (I'm BB1). Sleek, stylish and just a little bit cheesy. As for Scarecrows biplane, well, I may have to steal the wing wires idea, as it does look rather nice. In fact, your MODs appear to be similar to mine, but obviously yours has got the aformentioned wires. I might think about making Jokers biplane from The Long Halloween (which I've bought and read since I was last on here, and it is rather good) for Part 4 actually.

The minis, are they based on the same scale as my mini Batmobiles? Because they look a similar size. Anyway, they're both very nice, and look very Batman-ish. I particularly like the water spray, just because it's a neat idea.

Read War Games Act 1-3 and Under The Hood for some modern Black Mask.

Nice DKR scene (and nice toes, btw  ;-) ), as is the Long Halloween scene. I see you've taken a leaf out of my book (again) in making comic-vigs with the SFX lettering.

As for the Batboat, what would really be nice is if the boat actually transformed into the sub. However, since that would be pretty hard to make, I'll forgive you, especially as I like this. It definitely looks more sub than boat, and-- actually I've just realised, it looks a bit like the Batsub from Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman: Trinity. Is this intentional?

And cheers for the part 6, even if it does suggest that no-one else is missing me.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#17 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

|-/  You could have waited until after my Part 3 was up. I did coin the idea after all.  ;-)
Yeah sorry about that, I did truthfully wait one and a half weeks before posting it though...

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

Croc's boat. A nice MOD there, BB2 (I'm BB1). Sleek, stylish and just a little bit cheesy. As for Scarecrows biplane, well, I may have to steal the wing wires idea, as it does look rather nice. In fact, your MODs appear to be similar to mine, but obviously yours has got the aformentioned wires. I might think about making Jokers biplane from The Long Halloween (which I've bought and read since I was last on here, and it is rather good) for Part 4 actually.
Thanks, I actually laughed the other day how people were calling me BB, they must have forgotten you were the original. Yes, my Biplane mod did put in better controls like yours, did I give you credit?  If not, I'll go edit that then, sorry. Well done on purchasing The Long Halloween, its one of my all time favourites, I look forward to your biplane.  

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

The minis, are they based on the same scale as my mini Batmobiles? Because they look a similar size. Anyway, they're both very nice, and look very Batman-ish. I particularly like the water spray, just because it's a neat idea.
I'm not really sure, I just made them as small as I could honstly  :-$. The Batwing is meant to be a two-seater, so I doubt it would be the same scale. The batboat, possibly, though this was unintentional, I didn't even think about scale to be honest. Thank for the comments, I like the waters pray too.

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

Read War Games Act 1-3 and Under The Hood for some modern Black Mask.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do, the stores where I get them are rather limited, I may have to resort to the internet. I'm not real up on stories really, I wish I was, I tend to just read a good story and never put in order with the others  :-D

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

Nice DKR scene (and nice toes, btw  ;-) ), as is the Long Halloween scene. I see you've taken a leaf out of my book (again) in making comic-vigs with the SFX lettering.
Yes, I just couldn't resist, did I forget to give you credit again? Sorry about that, I'll go do that. Thanks too.  

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

As for the Batboat, what would really be nice is if the boat actually transformed into the sub. However, since that would be pretty hard to make, I'll forgive you, especially as I like this. It definitely looks more sub than boat, and-- actually I've just realised, it looks a bit like the Batsub from Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman: Trinity. Is this intentional?
Thanks, transforming is not impossible but I'd have to take apart Penguin's sub, and i'm not doing that. I'm glad you noticed the sub look too, all similarities to the story you gave must be coincidental, I've never read it. Is it any good? - (though i don't know why i'm asking this, I can barely find comics or graphic novels as it is.)

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

And cheers for the part 6, even if it does suggest that no-one else is missing me.
You'll be getting a welcome back in part 4, and don't worry, they were missing you, everyone grieves in their own way  X-D

Stalking Brainbox!  *skull*
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#18 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 27 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

Yeah sorry about that, I did truthfully wait one and a half weeks before posting it though...
Damn computer problems...

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 27 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

Yes, my Biplane mod did put in better controls like yours, did I give you credit?  If not, I'll go edit that then, sorry.
You didn't need to, but I see that you have anyway. Although this wasn't quite what I had in mind  ;-) :

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 14 2008, 08:37 AM, said:

Death of the Joker: (Credit goes to BB1 (Brainbox) for the SFX lettering, despite the fact I my vigs are obviously better  :-P  )

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 27 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

I'm glad you noticed the sub look too, all similarities to the story you gave must be coincidental, I've never read it. Is it any good? - (though i don't know why i'm asking this, I can barely find comics or graphic novels as it is.)
http://www.dccomics....novels/?gn=3750

It's a look at the first meeting and team-up of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, featuring Ras, Bizarro and rogue Amazon Artemis along the way. Personally, I quitre enjoyed it, and Matt Wagner's artwork is suitably retro, especially his Bats.

The Batsub in it is only similar to yours (by coincidence), as it is clearly styled after a dolphin. It has sidefins, a tailfin and a dorsal fin. Yours obviously doesn't have fins, but the main body shape is quite reminiscent.

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 27 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

You'll be getting a welcome back in part 4
Aww, thanks. But wait till you see what I've got lined up for you in Part 3.  >:-)

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 27 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

Stalking Brainbox!  *skull*
Twice today (well, Thursday). I'm getting a bit scared.

Maybe I should stop hanging around in the shadows. A bat would never venture out during the day.

Edited by Brainbox, 29 March 2008 - 04:16 PM.

Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#19 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 30 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

Damn computer problems...
They are resolved now yes? I'd hate to see you go missing like your average billionare Gothamite again.

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 30 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

You didn't need to, but I see that you have anyway. Although this wasn't quite what I had in mind  ;-) :
Had to be done, if only in revenge for those "witty" puns and lame fanboy references.

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 30 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

http://www.dccomics....novels/?gn=3750

It's a look at the first meeting and team-up of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, featuring Ras, Bizarro and rogue Amazon Artemis along the way. Personally, I quitre enjoyed it, and Matt Wagner's artwork is suitably retro, especially his Bats.
Sounds interesting, I believe Wagner also made the Dark Moon Rising duology (the Monster Men, and the Mad Monk). His artwork in those were very reminiscent of the classic first stories. I could be wrong though...  

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 30 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

The Batsub in it is only similar to yours (by coincidence), as it is clearly styled after a dolphin. It has sidefins, a tailfin and a dorsal fin. Yours obviously doesn't have fins, but the main body shape is quite reminiscent.
Nice, then I DID base it off Trinity then. I'm quite happy with it though, with my Lego Batworld, I'm trying (like every good storyteller) to infuse my own take on the mythos while still paying tribute to the Comic world (Silver Age, iconic stories and such.)

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 30 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

Aww, thanks. But wait till you see what I've got lined up for you in Part 3.  >:-)
Oh dear, I was afraid this would happen  :-D

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 30 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

Twice today (well, Thursday). I'm getting a bit scared.

Maybe I should stop hanging around in the shadows. A bat would never venture out during the day.
Or you could just light up the Bricksignal and ask me politely to stop, I have feelings too you know...

Batbrick Away! (but still stalking Brainbox!)  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#20 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 30 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

They are resolved now yes? I'd hate to see you go missing like your average billionare Gothamite again.
They are. But I'm planning on getting a laptop in a couple of weeks, when they can start all over again...  :-|  ;-)

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 30 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

Sounds interesting, I believe Wagner also made the Dark Moon Rising duology (the Monster Men, and the Mad Monk). His artwork in those were very reminiscent of the classic first stories. I could be wrong though...
No, you're quite correct. You know I don't think I've read Mad Monk. I certainly can't remember it if I have.

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 30 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

I'm quite happy with it though, with my Lego Batworld, I'm trying (like every good storyteller) to infuse my own take on the mythos while still paying tribute to the Comic world (Silver Age, iconic stories and such.)
And that's good. That's hopefully what I'll end up doing with Arkham and the Batcave, and probably some of the stuff inside the Cave.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#21 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 31 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

They are. But I'm planning on getting a laptop in a couple of weeks, when they can start all over again...  :-|  ;-)
Oh dear, good luck to you with that, computer problems are never simple are they?

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 31 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

No, you're quite correct. You know I don't think I've read Mad Monk. I certainly can't remember it if I have.
I thought so, I thought the Dark Moon Rising duology was great, it presented a brilliantly clever depiction of Batman's first years by making him a optimist, thinking that his crusades would not turn into an endless battle. Plus, I love those early villains.  

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 31 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

And that's good. That's hopefully what I'll end up doing with Arkham and the Batcave, and probably some of the stuff inside the Cave.
I look forward to that then, I have four major Gotham projects: Arkham, Batcave, Wayne Manor and the completed GCPD. I look forward to your depictions, what details will you be adding to the Batcave?  (apart from vehicle space  :-D )

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#22 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 31 2008, 12:55 PM, said:

Oh dear, good luck to you with that, computer problems are never simple are they?
Especially if you're surrounded by people who think they know what they're doing, but invariably make things worse... *cough*my dad*cough*

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 31 2008, 12:55 PM, said:

I look forward to that then, I have four major Gotham projects: Arkham, Batcave, Wayne Manor and the completed GCPD.
The GCPD's not finished? Anyhow, I look forward especially to Wayne Manor, as that's not on my list for the forseeable future. Sadly.

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 31 2008, 12:55 PM, said:

I look forward to your depictions, what details will you be adding to the Batcave?  (apart from vehicle space  :-D )
It depends what I can fit in. The main priority is getting all the vehicles in. That means finding space for the Batmobile, Batplane, Batcopter, Bat-tank, Tumbler, Batcycle/Bat-pod, Bat-ski, Batbuggy, Bat-dragster, Bat-boat, Batglider, Bat-strike, Bat-jetski and Bat-armour, as well as Robin's jetski, jet-sub and motocross bike (ie Bane's bike, repurposed), and parking space for Catwoman's and Nightwing's bikes.

After that though, I;'ll try and squeeze in what I can- Kryptonite vault, Trophy room, computer, training room, lab space, workspace, repair bay, maybe an unfinished WIP Batmobile that Bats is working on, slideways teleporter, costume vaults, t-rex (it's red, but never mind), several entrances, etc. The, erm, cave's the limit.  ;-)
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#23 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 31 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

Especially if you're surrounded by people who think they know what they're doing, but invariably make things worse... *cough*my dad*cough*
:-D , I know how that feels, but atleast my dad knows to stay away, computers aren't his thing...

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 31 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

The GCPD's not finished? Anyhow, I look forward especially to Wayne Manor, as that's not on my list for the forseeable future. Sadly.
Oh no, I worded that poorly, I meant that in the long run i have four projects, and only the GCPD is completed so far. Thanks on the Manor too, It'll be a monstrosity of Tan, using pieces from the Creator Town House, Indy Temple Escape, Indy lost Tomb, and Indy Temple of Akator (Those Indy sets are great for tan!). It'll be open back, like Arkham and GCPD, with the grandfather clock (probably the same design as my Alfred impulse entry) and other details.

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 31 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

It depends what I can fit in. The main priority is getting all the vehicles in. That means finding space for the Batmobile, Batplane, Batcopter, Bat-tank, Tumbler, Batcycle/Bat-pod, Bat-ski, Batbuggy, Bat-dragster, Bat-boat, Batglider, Bat-strike, Bat-jetski and Bat-armour, as well as Robin's jetski, jet-sub and motocross bike (ie Bane's bike, repurposed), and parking space for Catwoman's and Nightwing's bikes.

After that though, I;'ll try and squeeze in what I can- Kryptonite vault, Trophy room, computer, training room, lab space, workspace, repair bay, maybe an unfinished WIP Batmobile that Bats is working on, slideways teleporter, costume vaults, t-rex (it's red, but never mind), several entrances, etc. The, erm, cave's the limit.  ;-)
Whoa....thats plain scary. Is the Bat-ski the Batcave one, or another design?  I know i took mine apart, but plan on a smaller ski mobile for him, like Robin's one I've made. May i ask what the Bat-Strike is too?  I look forward to your Bat-Armour as well. I guess that means I'm in big trouble too then, I only have one (possible two) shelves for this.
And I'll just leave that little joke of yours alone this time  ;-)

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#24 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 31 2008, 11:10 PM, said:

Oh no, I worded that poorly, I meant that in the long run i have four projects, and only the GCPD is completed so far.
Ah right, I thought there was more to come.

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 31 2008, 11:10 PM, said:

Whoa....thats plain scary. Is the Bat-ski the Batcave one, or another design?  I know i took mine apart, but plan on a smaller ski mobile for him, like Robin's one I've made. May i ask what the Bat-Strike is too?
The Bat-ski is the Batcave one, yes. I might MOD it a little, I don't think I have yet, but I generally quite like it. The Bat-strike is a name sometimes used for one of those motorised scuba diving sleds. I'm not sure whether I'm too keen on my current design though, so I may change it.

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 31 2008, 11:10 PM, said:

And I'll just leave that little joke of yours alone this time  ;-)
Probably not such a bad idea.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users