Sign in to follow this  
Athos

MOC: "When you wish upon a [miniland] star..."

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So my daughter got a white board with some Disney princesses decorating one side. And, while I drew pictures for her and she erased them, I thought that it would be pretty easy to learn to draw the princesses. Shortly thereafter, another better idea struck: I could miniland the princesses. Here are the results:

0-princesses1.jpg_thumb.jpg

The photo is a link to the flickr gallery.

You can also see them individually:

Snow White: I think this is one of the best figures: easily recognizable and a fairly sophisticated (if I do say so myself) miniland figure.

Cinderella: I wish the glass slippers were more obvious. This one was a little tough, as I have most of my medium blue SNOT pieces used in my Alice figure, who, while not a princess is still my favorite figure.

Aurora: easily the weakest figure, both structurally and aesthetically; Lego really needs to make more pink parts. Its kind of hard to tell, but she has a gold crown too.

Ariel: the tail took some thought and I'm not sure about the seashell bra design, but purple and dark green are tough colors with which to build. I still think she turned out quite nice.

Belle: too much yellow for my taste and her right arm is a bit stiff. I'm still pretty pleased with this one too. Lots of plates and slopes in that dress, which was initially too long, so she towered over her friends.

Jasmine: She's got kind of a funny pose, but it was the only way to get the pants right and still have her able to stand. And I've just about used up all my blue slopes and SNOT pieces.

Steve

Edit by Rufus

I've posted a larger picture here for those too lazy to go to flickr...

7695487594_6a8f5cc943_c.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I'm not usually one for princesses, but these are pretty good! They're all recognizable. Even to someone like me, who doesn't know much about princesses. :tongue:

There's only one thing wrong (and I can't believe I spotted this):

Aladdin: She's got kind of a funny pose, but it was the only way to get the pants right and still have her able to stand. And I've just about used up all my blue slopes and SNOT pieces.

*huh* I'm fairly sure Aladdin is a boy. :laugh:

Edited by purpleparadox

*huh* I'm fairly sure Aladdin is a boy. :laugh:

They're referenced by the movie they're in, rather than the princess. Maybe I should change that...

Steve