Svelte

LEGO 10211 Grand Emporium x 3

Following up on my earlier thread, here's the 3 x view of the 10211 Grand Emporium.

All pics are links to highres flickr versions.

One ground floor, 5 uppers:

4444544652_245d17999e.jpg

One ground, 6 uppers. The 10211 i is by far the best-looking compared to the other modulars when stacked to insanity:

4443777903_43b71db2d0.jpg

Some of you disliked the flags above the first floor last time, so this shot is for you :wink::

4443777461_7a1b579e78.jpg

2 ground floors, 3 upper. The middle section with that column doesn't bother me, I have to say.

4443774897_da56182533.jpg

A very classy combination. Probably the optimum combination for easy display would be to add just one more upper floor:

4443775485_991bd138ff.jpg

Three full sets in 'L' configuration. This really need more upper floors to look right *sobs*

4443776985_557a28b725.jpg

Overhead view. Big Brother is watching you from those billboards. And he doesn't look happy.

4443776275_3b4521c143.jpg

Escape from the catacombs formed at the rear intersection of 3 10211s is still possible... just!

4443776583_d6d1ed14cb.jpg

Jeez! How do you affored all this? :wacko::laugh:

Looks awesome, like the tiny alley that can form. My favorite is the one with 2 ground floors.

Jeez! How do you affored all this? :wacko::laugh:

By selling off other stuff :wink: I'm actually consolidating my collection and focussing on Town/ Modulars/ nice Licensed themes at the moment, although you'd never think it from Modular March Madness.

*waves fondly goodbye to those MISB Star Wars sets I would never have opened, and some of those Batman sets that go for ludicrous prices*

that's amazing how they fi together, no matter in which configuaration! i wish i could afford just one of them, you're really lucky :cry_happy:

You need to do a super street scape with like x2 or 3 of all the other modulars :thumbup:

My Grand Emporium is arriving tomorrow! I can't wait! :grin:

-darthperson

Nice, but the 5&6 floors are just overkill. I like the L-Shape though, and I agree that it'd look best with 3 floors.

I really want a modular building now!

Edited by prateek

Looks nice, I wish I could afford the Grand Emporium :(

Much better piece selection than the Fire Brigade IMO.

This looks just too cool ! :grin:4443776985_557a28b725.jpg

AWESOME just AWESOME now - almost like Myer's in Ballarat !

Fantastic town planing 'Svelte' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I think at this point the ideal version would look maybe like this:

post-1768-1268968662.jpg

I don't think I'll get that far, myself :tongue: A dodgy Photoshop job works quite nicely :grin:

Svelte strikes again! Im loving the Modular March Madness the supre sized GE are just incredible and my new favourite definitely has to be the 7 story one.

Wow! Svelte strikes again with his Super-Sized Grand Emporium. Now that's GRAND! I do like that three-floor the best. :thumbup:

that dodgy photoshop is pure :wub:

Do you mean the model or just the Photoshop? :tongue:

And there I was thinking you'd be there to ensure I did 4 :devil:

Do you mean the model or just the Photoshop? :tongue:

And there I was thinking you'd be there to ensure I did 4 :devil:

I mean the resulting model, clearly you have to buy that 4th or your life will be incomplete.

Madness! I really like the 3x2 but that dodgy photoshop is pure :wub:

Thanks for not using the Photoshopped image for the blog. :grin:

Stacked six floors high it looks really out of balance if you ask me, so I'd have to go with two ground floors and three floors stacked on each. Although I don't think the official configuration looks too bad when placed side-by-side or even in an L-shape. But I guess I have to stick to my earlier advice: build a straight section out of your third copy. :wink:

Maybe if you sell your house you can buy so many of these that you'd be able to make a full-size house. :tongue:

You're truly a Luxe, Posh, Grand Emporium Connoisseur!

(The six-floor vertical is my favorite, although I think if you bought one more to add to the side-by-sides, that would be. Then you could have that escape-less catacomb of yours).

*waves fondly goodbye to those MISB Star Wars sets I would never have opened, and some of those Batman sets that go for ludicrous prices*

:sadnew: I could never do that.

Svelte: The man who treats Modular houses like impulse sets.

:tongue:

Great work for once more! I totally agree about the point you've made about floors stacking. GE in the best looking when creating a giant.

I really love all the combinations you've made here and all of them look great. I know that the shape is not the same but to be honest, the tall version reminds me of the Flatiron Building. I still don't know why.

Keep the expansion going! :sweet:

(I don't know if your wallet can keep up though.) :grin:

I really love all the combinations you've made here and all of them look great. I know that the shape is not the same but to be honest, the tall version reminds me of the Flatiron Building. I still don't know why!

Hmm I think it's the general arcitechture and colours :classic:

And by the way svelte thats beutiful :tongue:

I really love all the combinations you've made here and all of them look great. I know that the shape is not the same but to be honest, the tall version reminds me of the Flatiron Building. I still don't know why.

Makes me wonder how GE would look with a different top floor with higher windows.

Great link! I don't recall ever seeing that building before and I can definitely see the resemblance :wink:

With each Grand Emporium you get 2 upper floors, so it isn't a drastic an investment as stacking all the other modulars - that's why I kind of like it too :wink:

And it's obviously selling well since it's backordered on S@H already and it's only been out a few weeks :thumbup: Seems like a big hit!

With each Grand Emporium you get 2 upper floors, so it isn't a drastic an investment as stacking all the other modulars - that's why I kind of like it too :wink:

That's the great thing about GE. Not only you 're able to create a tall building without having to buy many copies of them but stacking the floors makes it look great too. And that my friend is called a jackpot. :wink: