Aethersprite

Your favourite Bionicle launcher

Launchers made their debut in Bionicle in 2004 and then full-scale in 2005. In 2006, it seemed that launchers had completely replaced the gear function we had in sets - for the main canister sets, at least.

So, which one is your favourite? Why? Here's a list.

2004: Kanoka disc launcher

2005: Rhotuka spinner

2006: Zamor sphere launcher (with or without Inika add-on)

2007: Squid launcher

2007: Cordak blaster

2008: Midak Skyblaster

2008: Tridax pod

2008: Nynrah Ghostblaster

2009: Thornax launcher

For me, it's either the Rhotuka or the Nynrah. Both have one thing in common: They're brickbuild. The Midak and Cordak were great blasters, really cool, shot far and hard, but they weren't brickbuilt. Plus, the Rhotuka spinner is the only vertical launcher - I remember competing with my cousin when I was young to see who could keep his spinner longest in the air.

The Nynrah, on the other hand, wins it for me in terms of design and its simplicity. Air pressure is awesome. :)

What do you think?

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I don't think "uses a couple of standard pieces alongside crazily specific molded launcher pieces" counts as "brickbuilt". The Nynrah especially, since it just uses two 3-length axles to attach a large custom pump piece to the large custom barrel piece. Heck, the Zamor launchers used more pre-made pieces than they did, and they were what made them fire.

My favorites are the Tridax pods and Rhotuka. The Tridax were cool because they were dropped from the Makuta's chests and because they had the ugly cute Shadow Leeches. The Rhotuka get points for being fairly small and unobtrusive, and also for the satisfying WHIZZMMM the spinner makes when it launches.

Thornax, because it wasn't oversized, simple, and didn't burn your eyes when looking at it.

Zamor Sphere launcher. A lot of connection points for MOCing, easy to aim, and easy to fire. But truth be told I enjoyed all the launchers-- even the Squid Launcher.

Rhotuka are probably the most fun launchers, though, because of how far they could travel and how unpredictable their movement was. It was always fun just firing them upwards indoors and watching where they'd land, or alternatively firing them sideways and watching them roll like a wheel. But I never really enjoyed them for MOCing, and feel the Zamor Sphere Launcher's three full years of glory were well-earned.

Nynrah ghostblaster and the thornax launcher. Never really liked any other launcher. Mainly because they were the only launchers that were easy to play with.

Edited by Nike2032

I think I like the Squid Launchers best.

Honest.

They were fun but hard to use and the ammo was cute. =P

And the launchers themselves looked very outlandish so that was cool too.

Midak absolutely...

And also, the Tornax, because their pieces are useful for other things and are easily removable...

And throwbot's disk launcher hands... don't ask me why...

Edited by Leugi

"Thornax" launcher:

* It actually shoots, that sets him apart from 75% of the alternative.

* It is actually built, even though it is acceptably a simple design.

* Unlike the piraka/Inika ones, balls do not fall off.

* The pieces used by it are useful for other things.

* "Balls" available in different colors and shapes.

Edit: I don't get why does the Midak come pre-built. I think it could have easily been something to build. At least the gear and axis could have been a technic part and an axle, would have improved the experience a lot.

Edited by vexorian

* Unlike the piraka/Inika ones, balls do not fall off.

* "Balls" available in different colors and shapes.

I suggest you use the word 'ammo' instead. :tongue:

Anyway, I edited the post to include the Tridax pod. Can't believe I left that one out. :sceptic:

Thornax launcher.

It works (not that all other shooters did not work).

It shoots both Spike balls and Zamor Spheres.

Spike Balls jump around in a funny way.

Thornax launcher.

This.

And also the Midak Skyblasters/Rhotuka.

-Mesonak

Thornax launcher.

Not to mention, it's small, unobtrusive, and it's parts are probably the most useful launcher-specific molds we've ever had in Bionicle. So yeah, Thronax launcher wins easily.

The runner up for would be either the Zamor launcher or the Midax. The Zamor launcher, because it is buildable and has plenty of connection points, and the Midak, because it looks cool and can store four zamor spheres at a time without looking awkward. :classic:

Definitely Thornax and Rhotuka. Then probably Kanoka.

The Thornax launchers are amazingly good looking, they are the some of the only launchers that I have actually kept on a set after I built it (I removed Cordak, Nynrah, and Midak launchers because they way down the sets a lot, and look terrible); they are a simple build, but a build nonetheless; they can fire multiple kinds of projectiles; oh and they have been used two years in a row now (with recolors in fact).

The Rhotuka have many of the same qualities, simple, small, mostly hidden from view, etc. They are also a lot more fun to launch, as Bfahome said they make the most satisfying sound when they launch.

Kanoka are the first real "launcher" and so I have a fondness for them. Also, they were very effective and didn't ruin a set's appearance. I also liked all the colors of them (unfortunately I only have a brown one aside from the standard silver). The disks themselves were also great because Throwbots / Slizers and McToran could throw them.

I also like the Tridax, but I don't think it's much of a "launcher". Either way, it was nice to see something like that actually built into the main part of the set. The red cores of the Phantoka Makuta were awesome, and I hope there will be something like that at some point in the future.

The squid launcher. When done correctly, those things fly across rooms.

The Zamor launcher, because it looked a bit like a crossbow, followed by the Bohrok-when-you-crack-open-their-faceplates.

Now that the news of Bionicle 2015 has been announced, I would like to start a topic where you post your favorite (or least favorite) blasters from Bionicle and why... (Tohunga disk throwing, Disk launchers, Rhotuka, Zamor Spheres, Cordak Blasters, Midak Skyblasters, Spiky Thornaxes, and more!

I personally liked Zamor Spheres and Midak Syblasters, mostly because of the range, and for the least favorite one I would say Midak Syblaster only because when you got to the 4th ball, the force is way weaker than the first.

Squid Launcher :tongue:

But in all seriousness. I think my favourite launcher is the Rhotuka spinner. Just pulling the ripcord and seeing how long they could stay in the air was entertaining.

I really liked the disk launchers, but the spinners and Zamor spheres were also excellent. The Cordak revolving blasters were a bit of a disappointment, and the squid launchers had a tendency to tear the squid apart after repeated use.

I really liked the disk launchers, but the spinners and Zamor spheres were also excellent. The Cordak revolving blasters were a bit of a disappointment, and the squid launchers had a tendency to tear the squid apart after repeated use.

I guess when the Cordak blasters actually worked, they worked well. However, there were some blasters I know that wouldn't fire at all....