Sign in to follow this  
Dino_Bot

Lesovikk's tragedy (help)

Ok. So here's what happened. I bought Lesovikk, built him, he's cool and all. Now, his non-replaceable light up eyes batter is dead, and therefore his eyes do not light up. My options 1. Come here and ask 2. Replacement for 20$

Later on, I decided I could still have fun with him for a while, but then...his fricking HAND broke. It cracked. This has never happened to me or to any of my other Bionicle figures. (Unless you spray them with Windex. This corrodes legos). My options 1. Ask here, 2. Buy another Lesovikk.

Now, I must complain. Lego's quality is slipping wayy too much. I cannot believe that out of all the bloody sets out there, I got one that was...totally faulty. I'm not going to stand for this.

Now, my question is, how do I get another Lesovikk w/o paying $20? Do I go to Lego Service and order replacement parts, or will they replace the entire set? How does this work?

I can put pictures if you want, I mean, the hand cracked in half...incredible.

EDIT: News flash, all 4 of them are broken. When I click continue on the service page, form fully filled out, it won't continue saying it needs me to tell them in detail.

Edited by Dino_Bot

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. In the past when I've had a quality issue or a missing part I just e-mailed Lego directly and they've sent the missing or broken part. They've always been quite helpful to me and I hope this helps you in determining what course of action you'll take. Good luck!

I heard TLC stopped selling him for a little while and wal-mart was told not to sell any. Could this be the reason? I don't see why this would happen to only him, why wouldn't it happen to the other new sets? How did it break?

Thanks. This is incredible. I hope the replacement pieces don't break. This is...wow...I really wanted Lesovikk and this is what I get. I feel like I want to cry (Over a Lego set? Pathetic haha, but for a person who expects things to go perfect, this...is saddening.)

Mr. Mandalorian, the ankle and hand pieces broke as if from stress. I didn't notice any stress fractures on them, but I put them on and while I posed him they broke. I didn't force the pieces or anything, they just broke in the most ridiculous fashion ever.

Anyways, I sent the form. For the lightup piece, and the broken parts. How soon should I expect them?

The problem is in all of the lime green pieces this year. My Ehlek has the same problem and when I tried to get replacement parts, the lime green pieces weren't on the website. I'll have to check back now.

I'm nervous to buy Hahli Mahri and Lesovikk now. :-(

I wouldn't ask for light-up eyes, I'd just order a regular eye-piece. Cheaper, and you don't get the crappy light-up eyes again.

I ordered a replacement light up sword for one of my Inika, as it was a present, but the sword was Matoro's instead of Kongu's. If I remember correctly, it arrived less than two weeks after I ordered it, but I could be wrong. Hope the replacement parts are all in perfect, non breakable condition.

I needed to ask for the stickers from my Batboat last year. I think they arrived only three or four days after I placed the request. I was actually a little surprised they arrived as fast as they did.

I wouldn't ask for light-up eyes, I'd just order a regular eye-piece. Cheaper, and you don't get the crappy light-up eyes again.

No. Wrong. Fail. Part of why it's so expensive it's because it's got the light up part. And they're for free. You don't buy the pieces.

They estimated I'd get the pieces in 3 weeks. Let us hope they arrive. And so it's only Lime Green pieces being affected? Wow. Is this happening for everyone?

And what the heck is going on with the toy industry?

And so it's only Lime Green pieces being affected? Wow. Is this happening for everyone?

I wouldn't know, because as soon as I got Hahli, I put her away. I'll go check now...

I'm glad it's just the Lime green peices, not all of them. Probably something in the color that made them brittle. (Forgive me if it's obvious)

wierd my ehlek is in perfect condition, so maybe its only one country/factory

jifel

Either way, it's a tragedy. In the Senate of the Republic. No, no.

But, you see, I really wanted Lesovikk, probably the set I wanted the most this year, if not the only one, and Nocturn. Those have been the only two Bionicles I've bought this year. I decided not to buy any others because their canisters weren't symmetrical, or canisters at all. That was the deciding factor. And Lesovikk was green, but...it broke, and I gotta tell you, it's freaking disappointing. In fact, It's very freaking un-funny. *punches hole in wall*

You're taking it too seriously, with all the anger. Sure it's disappointing but it's a toy, and you can get replacements. And besides, most of the set is still there.

The plastic they used in the joint peices of all the 2006/7 sets suck. All my Ehlek's joints are cracked, and the joints of EVERY SINGLE 2006/7 SETS ARE FLOPPY AS HELL. My Toa Metru have been through countless hours of hard playing and posing, and their joints are still as stiff as the day I bought them.

Legos quality is MAJORLY slipping.

The plastic they used in the joint peices of all the 2006/7 sets suck. All my Ehlek's joints are cracked, and the joints of EVERY SINGLE 2006/7 SETS ARE FLOPPY AS HELL. My Toa Metru have been through countless hours of hard playing and posing, and their joints are still as stiff as the day I bought them.

that hasn't happened with me. My Maxilos was floppy at first, but then the joints stiffened, and he's great...

You say 2006 and 2007 joints are loose. That sentence alone proves that all 2006 and 2007 joints are loose. And it also explains how my 2006 and 2007 joints are tight.

Oh well, lime joints break. I admit it, although that's not really based on opinion.

Still, Lego is sending me 7 replacements free of charge. And I only broke 3.

Lesovikk's problems are widespread:

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...ic=260306&st=40

Also, I hate to say,it's not JUST lime green.

The solid orange beams (Visorak were they?) also cracked... I have no idea why. Never used them, then first time I snap a ball onto it, it splits in the center!

And yeah, a lime green one of mine did it too.

Hmm...I really need to get on the boat with seeing about replacements... though... I thought their Connecticut office was closing? I guess someone's still there, since others are reporting still getting parts sent to them.

Sad stuff... but hopefully it'll end when they exhaust their stock of these.

Oh, as the link above suggests, Lesovikk's other problem is missing parts. >__<

No kidding.

And when I punched the hole in the wall I was referencing Andy from The Office when they took his cellphone and hid it.

No, that does NOT explain why my Toa Metru joints are stiff. You know why? The very first thing I noticed about EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM, the VERY FIRST TIME I ASSEMBLED EACH ONE, was that the joints were stiff :)
Huh? Are you refering to my post? In that case, did you read my post?

I think he was.

But to clarify, joints start out excessively tight, which after adding a ball, of course means they are then excessively loose... for they are now broken. lol

Get used to a bit of dissapointment Dino Bot. Lifes full of it. Nothing wrong with the quality of my lego and I've still got lego from 30 years ago. Maybe you're just not treating yours right.

Get used to a bit of dissapointment Dino Bot. Lifes full of it. Nothing wrong with the quality of my lego and I've still got lego from 30 years ago. Maybe you're just not treating yours right.
Oh, the joint breakage isn't his fault, it's common.

Breaking joints has been happening with my BIONICLE sets since 2004/2005. Nidhiki, Vakama Hordika, on each of them I only took off the piece once. My 2007 sets have been taken apart multiple times without breaking, so it is a bit of luck (good or bad) I think. (Which makes sense, since that is when they started using the most ball joints and the least gears/technic pieces.) Which is why I don't MOC; I don't think the ball joints are meant to be taken apart, although it is perfectly possible to do so if removed carefully.

However, the Lesovikk issue is widespread, in fact I have read on another site that someone from LEGO explained that the part in question (the socket) cooled too quickly. I would reccomend calling, as the people on the phone are instructed to replace certain pieces (I called for my replacement Meca One legs from Striking Venom last year). You can explain to them what pieces are broken, and they should have info about it. The Lesovikk set has experienced a lot of problems, including missing pieces in some sets. THey recalled it temporarily, in fact, so this may not be LEGO as a whole slipping, but just one set that had multiple errors in molding and packing.

VK

Edited by Visorak-kal