Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

MOC: Rosenborg Castle

Rosenborg Castle is a renaissance castle located in Copenhagen, Denmark. It was built by the famous Danish King Christian IV. The construction started in 1606, and after several expansions the castle was completed in 1633. My LEGO model of the castle shows it in the 1630s when the castle was new and Christian IV lived there.

19913835211_045cf127a2_z.jpg

19720739928_1baf5d9dec_z.jpg

19720739178_0811f18ea3_z.jpg

19722101859_5e2be28b5f_z.jpg

19287836563_451743c560_z.jpg

19908776535_ed9e27d806_z.jpg

Christian IV is one of the most famous Danish kings. He was born in 1577 as the oldest son of King Frederik II. At the death of his father in 1588 the 11-years-old Christian became king of Denmark and Norway. He is frequently remembered as one of the most popular, ambitious, and proactive Danish kings, having initiated many reforms and projects. Many of the most famous buildings in Copenhagen was built during his reign. But he also engaged Denmark in numerous wars which undermined the Danish economy. He also had more than 20 children with 5 different women. Christian IV died in 1648. His reign of almost 60 years is the longest of all Danish monarchs.

19720755890_ddca9ab855_z.jpg

More photos of my MOC: https://www.flickr.c...157653867511784

More information about the castle: https://en.wikipedia...osenborg_Castle

Edited by Lasse

Castle looks absolutely gorgeous.

Love the pavement, the little trees and your coach as well.

Excellent stuff!

This is a stunning build with a history lesson thrown for free.

Other people can voice my opinion far better than i ever could

This is quite striking! Excellent realistic detailing on the windows and all of the edges. Nice work!

Very beautiful. The architectural details are top-notch. Th colors also stand out nicely compared to usual bley castles.

Awesome.

That must have taken ages to complete!

It is sooo beautiful!

I would not have imagined that the red/light grey combination would lead to such a fine castle!

Beautiful! I love historic buildings and the techniques that are applied in this type of project. This color scheme works very good on LEGO bricks. Congrats!

This is marvellous, a very nice northern europe renaissance castle.

I've known nothing about Christian IV, I only rememberd Gorm the Old from a vacation 25 years ago to Denmark, because it was such an extraordinay name for me for a king.