JC75

LDD 4.3.9 bugs and issues

The new update is crashing nearly every time i try to rotate cross axles... not a good thing when i'm trying to make a massive technic model with a whole load of gears >.<

Is it only for old LXF's created in the previous brickset, or also for new ones?

Also, do you have any example to share?

(I created a new topic from your post)

The new update is crashing nearly every time i try to rotate cross axles... not a good thing when i'm trying to make a massive technic model with a whole load of gears >.<

If you are working from a old file (pre update) it might be that the collision detection mechanics has been changed in the update (4.3.9) which is causing the error.

I downloaded the update and, while the image still displays correctly in the preview, the parts and the "floor" are completely invisible when I actually open the file.

There is a collision error with the Series 13 King's head piece and Santa's beard piece.

Edited by Ordinareo

^ That's not a bug, that's extremely cool. :tongue:

EDIT: After playing around for a bit, the dual legs thing doesn't seem to work so well. Some color combinations will work, some will cause the front of the leg to change to one color when the inner side and back are different colors.

Edited by CM4Sci

When I tried to upgrade to this version on an XP laptop I got an error saying my version of adobe flash player was out of date/missing when it wasnt, it then failed to download adobe flash and quit the installer.

Not entirley an LDD problem but it does stop the update from happening and this flash thing is part of the LDD installer for this version of LDD.#

I fixed it by installing on an XP desktop then copying the %systemdrive%\program files\lego company% folder as well as %appdata%lego company to the laptop.

Heard somebody say a classic space torso decal was added, went to check on the minifigure torso with the new arms, and while I was looking for that... Um.

SRveV0p.png

Yeah.

Edited by jamesster

Heard somebody say a classic space torso decal was added, went to check on the minifigure torso with the new arms, and while I was looking for that... Um.

Yeah.

In case you're still looking for it its decorationID is 610390

This post will only be regards to bugs I found in the new parts. I'll make a later post with various other bugs that were unfortunately retained from the 4.3.8 version.

• 71944 Corrugated Pipe 48Mm can only attach to TECHNIC pins on one end (screenshot).
  • 20867 Animal No.23 Hand Shot 1 cannot attach to 20439 Animal No.23 Arm Left or 20441 Animal No.23 Arm Right (screenshot).
  • 20446 Animal No.23 Tail Top is missing the "joint link" connection pin (compare to 98159 Animal No 5, Tail) and therefore cannot attach to any other elements (screenshot).
  • 21019 Mini Lower Part No. 2, unfortunately, continues the tradition of multi-colored parts only working properly with certain arbitrary color combinations, or else it is only partially colored (screenshot). As I said, this appears to be part of a larger issue with certain multi-colored parts.

18942 can't slide into 18940 (Technic rails)

True, but it does fit with a bit of scaffolding.

I can also confirm that it does fit,but you need to use scaffolding.

This should be allowed. They're both perfect curves. :sceptic:

That piece and the taller one, I need this build!

PV7iqUa.png

Mini Lower Part No. 2 works only sometimes. I have a model with a few minifigs using the new legs in it, and about only half of them look right. When I close and reopen LDD and open the same model, the legs that didn't work before work now, and the legs that worked before work no longer. :sceptic:

This isn't a major issue, but for some reason a bunch of the Technic panels had their default orientation changed to weird angles. 11946, 64391, 64393, 64680, 64682, 87080, and 87086 all have this problem.

When attaching 22392 to 24078, a gap is left between the parts, despite no such gap existing in real life. The 3.2 mm bar on 24078 should be able to extend all the way into the hole on 22392, but it doesn't.

A minifigure with beard 93223 can't wear hairpiece 18835 on LDD, despite that hairpiece having only been used with that beard on figures in real life.

It took me such a long time to compile, but I've just noticed the biggest group of Collision Errors ever found in LDD. Apparently, up to 273 bricks should be affected!!!

These bricks all have one thing in common: they are either shafts, sticks or any brick with a round post (either flat top or hemisphere top) which fits in Pl. Round 1x1 W. Throughg. Hole (Part 85861). The issues arise when a plate is added beneath the 85861 and the shaft/stick/etc. is inserted into the hole of the round plate, where inserting the brick into its furthest possible position collides with the stud of the plate beneath, therefore always causing it to be removed the next time you open the file. As it's impossible to show all 273 errors, I've chosen the following two examples (shown in screenshots). All bricks with errors are shown in Medium Stone Grey and all 85861 plus any plates added beneath are shown in Transparent.

1a. Place two 85861 on the ends of a Plate 1x3 respectively, then insert the Ice Lolly (Part 30222) and the Cone 1x1 Invertede W. Shaft (Part 11610) into each hole respectively. make sure that the ice Lolly and the Cone are inserted into the furthest possible position (Image).

1b. Remove the two 85861 and you can see that the ends of the Ice Lolly and the Cone have gone through the studs of the Plate 1x3 beneath (Image).

1c. Save the file, then the Ice Lolly and the Cone will both be removed the next time you open the file (No Image).

2a. Most bricks just "go through" the studs beneath by a few millimetres, but the Spider's Web W. Shaft Ø 3.2 (Part 909981) seems to be more than that. As shown here, after inserting the Web into the 85861 even the slanting bit of the Web goes through the 85861, and I can confirm that it still goes into the stud below (No Image).

2b. Apparently, the slanting bit of the Web also goes through a Round Brick 1x1 (Image).

Anyway, the LXF file containing all 273 bricks (all are in Medium Stone Grey) can be downloaded here.

The solution is very simple: All of these bricks should only be allowed to be inserted as far as the edge of the stud beneath (different for bricks with a flat top and a hemisphere top), and bricks like the Spider's Web should not be allowed to be inserted too deep to avoid the slanting collision. Thank you for everyone's attention!

So I installed the new LDD update and...

...is it just me or can you only access the new parts when running in extended mode? They don't show up in the part bins in the "normal" mode.

/ben

So I installed the new LDD update and...

...is it just me or can you only access the new parts when running in extended mode? They don't show up in the part bins in the "normal" mode.

/ben

It's not you. Most of the new parts and decos are currently for extended only.