New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

Simpsons lego

490 replies to this topic

#126 djmangunz

djmangunz

Member: 3834

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

I am a little surprised to see that no one who has looked at the retailer catalog has reported seeing the TMNT sets. This leads me to be less optimistic that this line will become a reality. Not enough to call BS just yet, but my hopes are fading....
One does not simply walk into Mordor. Sighs. (Shakes head disgustedly)

#127 BrickG

BrickG

Member: 31138

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

djmangunz, on 21 September 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

I am a little surprised to see that no one who has looked at the retailer catalog has reported seeing the TMNT sets. This leads me to be less optimistic that this line will become a reality. Not enough to call BS just yet, but my hopes are fading....

Yeah, usually we hear of these "January" sets by now.  I'm hoping the rumors aren't false.  That would massively suck.  I'm hoping it's just because of contracts or something.  Maybe they might wait until TMNT actually premiers.

#128 daniel gourhan22

daniel gourhan22

Member: 20156

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

BrickG, on 21 September 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yeah, usually we hear of these "January" sets by now.  I'm hoping the rumors aren't false.  That would massively suck.  I'm hoping it's just because of contracts or something.  Maybe they might wait until TMNT actually premiers.
Yeah, wouldn't want any sets spoiling any episodes. Thats why the Spidey set was released later than the rest of the sets, didn't want the episode plot spoiled, even though it was loosely based.

#129 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Is TMNT even supposed to be a January release?
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#130 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Legocrazy81, on 21 September 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Is TMNT even supposed to be a January release?
I read somewhere they would be released in January along with the keychains.

#131 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Well, the rumors came from several reliable sources, so I'm pretty sure it's true. One of the people who brought us the initial rumors said that he had seen the sets, although he wouldn't reveal much about them (probably because he worked for Lego). From Brickset:

pezdez, on 8 September 2012, said:

As an ex Lego person I've seen all the Ninja Turtle sets and they're awesome looking there's gonna be 6 sets all 4 Turtles as key chains.Comes out Jan. 1st along with a series called Chima
Everything else he told us seems to be true, so I believe him.

BrickG, on 21 September 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Maybe they might wait until TMNT actually premiers.
It starts in a week. I'm sure enough episodes will have aired by January for them to base sets on without spoiling anything.

Neville longbottem, on 21 September 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Yeah, wouldn't want any sets spoiling any episodes. Thats why the Spidey set was released later than the rest of the sets, didn't want the episode plot spoiled, even though it was loosely based.
As I said in my review, the Doc Ock set is only loosely based on an episode from the show and the story behind it is completely made up by TLG, so if that was really the reason for the delayed release, I think the delay was pointless. :hmpf_bad:

#132 MonkeyCrumb

MonkeyCrumb

Member: 30249

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'm actually excited about the rumors for a Lone Ranger line!

I expect it to be like Prince of Persia - a forgettable movie with clearanced sets, so a perfect way for me to stock up on cheap fleshie heads!

I know it'll be at a markup due to the license, but that should also get us plenty of new Wild West elements. But I really expect to see some good clearance sales on this line.

And as for a possible TMNT line taking over for Spongebob? I hope not! If the two can't co-exist at retail, I'd prefer more Spongebob sets.

#133 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Along with what Oky said, someone also said tjat there will be a Baxter's Revenge set. But it is a bit suprising that there hasn't been a set list by now... :look:

#134 paul_delahaye

paul_delahaye

Member: 694

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I did see them in the retailer catalouge, there was a double page spread indicating something top secret coming in 2013, I think that page scan is already on Flickr, the next double page spread had some sets on them,

I barely have any information, I'm not into this theme, I just thought the turtles themselves were well done. I think I saw 3 or so sets, there was a good selection of characters, certainly all the turtles, they were just regular green minifigs, legs and torso. The torso was printed on the front, and he had a backpack which was a new mold to make their shells, these were like dark tan. The head of the figure was a new custom mold. There was also shreader as a character.

At least one of the sets involved some form of chase with what seemed like a van, or a police van, can't remember.

Paul

#135 Hartong

Hartong

Member: 32331

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Talking about rumors... Is there any chance, TLG will design Assassin's Creed Sets, when the movie will be released?  :grin:

#136 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

paul_delahaye, on 29 September 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

I did see them in the retailer catalouge, there was a double page spread indicating something top secret coming in 2013, I think that page scan is already on Flickr, the next double page spread had some sets on them,

I barely have any information, I'm not into this theme, I just thought the turtles themselves were well done. I think I saw 3 or so sets, there was a good selection of characters, certainly all the turtles, they were just regular green minifigs, legs and torso. The torso was printed on the front, and he had a backpack which was a new mold to make their shells, these were like dark tan. The head of the figure was a new custom mold. There was also shreader as a character.

At least one of the sets involved some form of chase with what seemed like a van, or a police van, can't remember.

Paul
Thanks for the info! :classic:
The head was what I'm most interested about. I was hoping for a standard head... :sceptic:

Edited by just2good, 29 September 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#137 BrickG

BrickG

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

just2good, on 29 September 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Thanks for the info! :classic:
The head was what I'm most interested about. I was hoping for a standard head... :sceptic:

Me too.  Lego has been going crazy with all these non-standard heads.  I mean, sometimes it's fine.  Like with Chewie it makes sense.  I don't see why the Ninja Turtles need one.

#138 Oky

Oky

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

paul_delahaye, on 29 September 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

I did see them in the retailer catalouge, there was a double page spread indicating something top secret coming in 2013, I think that page scan is already on Flickr
Do you have a link or a hint at where we can find it? I tried finding it, but no such luck. :look:

#139 daniel gourhan22

daniel gourhan22

Member: 20156

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

BrickG, on 29 September 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Me too.  Lego has been going crazy with all these non-standard heads.  I mean, sometimes it's fine.  Like with Chewie it makes sense.  I don't see why the Ninja Turtles need one.
To make them more turtle-like, also you can't really do the masks justice on a normal head.

#140 Oky

Oky

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

BrickG, on 29 September 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Because they're cartoony mutant turtles. Their heads have a unique shape and wouldn't be as recognizable if they were human minifig heads. And judging by the Toy Story theme (which could have been done with more regular minifigure heads), the recognizability factor is a big deal to Lego. And quite frankly, I have no problem with that.

#141 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Adorable

Member: 9860

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hartong, on 29 September 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Talking about rumors... Is there any chance, TLG will design Assassin's Creed Sets, when the movie will be released?  :grin:
This is not the thread for personal wish lists.  If there were anything close to resembling a rumor of it, I'm sure it would have been posted by now.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#142 BrickG

BrickG

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

I highly doubt TMNT stuff has been leaked.  We'd have seen it already...

Someone freakin' leak this stuff!  DO IT!

#143 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

Oky, on 29 September 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Do you have a link or a hint at where we can find it? I tried finding it, but no such luck. :look:
I'd like to know this too. I'm really eager to see these. I LOVED TMNT growing up, still do in fact. I remember a lot of quarters spent on the stand up Arcade game. I'm 99% sure ill be getting the whole line.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#144 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

• Keeps the ending secret

Member: 18398

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

After seeing the premier of the new TMNT show on Nickelodeon today, I've got to say I'm very excited for these sets!!!  :thumbup:

I had my reservations about the new show, but they pulled it off brilliantly.  I actually laughed out loud several times.  Great show so far, here's hoping they keep it up!

By the way, it's available for viewing at nick.com here.  Pretty cool, since I was worried they wouldn't be made available online.
Never tell me the odds!

#145 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Member: 29489

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the link  :thumbup: Splinter looks so strange to me for some reason  *huh*
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

#146 BrickG

BrickG

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

The show is pretty good for a kid's show.  It's not to the level of shows like the Airbender series but I'm surprised I wasn't less engaged in it.  

*spoilers for the new series*

(highlight to make your eyes not bleed) Edit by Staff- "Let's not chance the eye bleeding.  Spoiler tags for you."

Spoiler
8/10

And why this is on topic: I was afraid I'd hate it and then not want to buy the Legos anymore.  So far I think it's pretty good if I ignore some of the stupid kiddie nonsense.  I still look forward to the sets and hope they SHOW THEM ALREADY!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock, 30 September 2012 - 04:12 PM.
added spoiler tags

#147 Hawkman

Hawkman

Member: 28502

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I'm not sure it's been covered, so my apologies if it has, but is this TMNT line going to be based on the new cartoon, classic cartoon, or the upcoming Michael Bay movie?

I'm hoping classic, but I have a feeling it'll be new or Bay, unfortunately. I don't know anything about the TMNT license from a behind-the-scenes standpoint, but I wonder if there's any reason TLG couldn't do all three.
I used to be a Lego Maniac, then I took a 1x4 brick in the knee.

#148 BrickG

BrickG

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hawkman, on 30 September 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

I'm not sure it's been covered, so my apologies if it has, but is this TMNT line going to be based on the new cartoon, classic cartoon, or the upcoming Michael Bay movie?

I'm hoping classic, but I have a feeling it'll be new or Bay, unfortunately. I don't know anything about the TMNT license from a behind-the-scenes standpoint, but I wonder if there's any reason TLG couldn't do all three.

The new CGI toon 99% chance.
I highly doubt the old classic cartoon will get much.  It's just too old and not their target audience.

As for the Micheal Bay movie, last I heard it was still indefinitely delayed and will not make it out next year due to a horrible script (a version of it leaked, go read it, it's horrible).
If we're all lucky the movie will be canned completely.  Micheal Bay is the worst thing to happen to movies.  So yeah, it's not based on the movie that's stuck in limbo.

Currently it's been rescheduled as a 2014 release.  If it releases with any involvement from Micheal Bay it'll suck.  There will be no hope.

Edited by BrickG, 30 September 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#149 RaincloudDustbin

RaincloudDustbin

Member: 25368

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hartong, on 29 September 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

No disrespect but...as if! TLG would never produce sets with a rating of over a 12. Unless the movie was rated a 12? :wacko:
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/91926269@N06/

Please click on my YouTube channel for great videos based on LEGO and comics. Subscribers greatly appreciated: http://www.youtube.c...ser/ComicBricks

Posted Image  Posted Image

#150 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

Member: 28477

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

TeardropTrashcan, on 30 September 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

No disrespect but...as if! TLG would never produce sets with a rating of over a 12. Unless the movie was rated a 12? :wacko:
It'll probably be rated 15, so no sets :cry_sad:

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users