CITY MOC: City Park

14 replies to this topic

#1 AzMean

AzMean

Member: 1316

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image B-OV-12C

Hi All,

After I have built my previous MOC, the CITY Hospital, the Ugly baseplate that the original hospital once stands on is not in use and seriously taking too much storing space. So, After 2 months of planning, ordering parts, building from scratch and waiting for deliveries, I am proud to announce the opening of the Lego CITY Park!  *sing*

Posted Image
Posted Image

Its an open-park concept, so there are no gates or fences around this tiny green area amongst the high rise buildings and urban structures (imagine!).

the park with minifigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

The park is mainly built on a Hard Rock ground, therefore the area around the park are surrounded with exposed gray rocks and natural wall.

Other than the main Park itself, there is an ice-cream seller at the main entrance of the park, selling cool, creamy ice-cream to kids and adults alike, wanting to cool down after a hot day at the park.

Posted Image

There is also 2 parking lots for those who are that lazy to walk to the park.

Posted Image

There is a broadwalk in this park. I'm actually proud of this part and I like it the best. This broadwalk connects the heart of the park to a nature corner of the park. As you can see, there is a small pond underneath the broadwalk.  *wub*

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The main path is made up of cement tiles, so that the minifigs can walk comfortably around this Park and not to worry about soil and mud.

Posted Image

There is a Gazebo in the heart of the park. Simple but sturdy structure. It adds character to this park.

Posted Image

Reading a book here, amidst all the lush greenery and fresh air relieves any after-work stress and a great place to just relax.  :-$

Posted Image

This park is taken care by this mini-fig here, sweeping the back entrance of the park.

Posted Image

The lone huge tree stands here to give shelter for any park goers and is being preserved by the authorities.

Posted Image

==============================================

I hope you all have enjoyed my MOC. Comments and constructive criticism welcome!   X-D

Edited by Phred, 04 October 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#2 Barbossa

Barbossa

Member: 1697

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

Your City Park looks really nice. I love it, that’s the best use of that baseplate I have seen. I might do something similar my plate.

I especially liked this entrance;
Posted Image

BRgds
Barbossa

#3 AzMean

AzMean

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostBarbossa, on Feb 18 2008, 01:42 AM, said:

Your City Park looks really nice. I love it, that’s the best use of that baseplate I have seen. I might do something similar my plate.

I especially liked this entrance;
Posted Image

BRgds
Barbossa
Thanks Barbossa. I like that entrance too. Heh..  :-D

#4 zouave

zouave

Member: 1518

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

That is very high quality work.  I like everything about this moc.  The boardwalk is very well designed.

#5 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

• Come mister tally man, tally me sales!

Member: 1463

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

Very impressive 8-°

I must say your building style is something I've always wanted to capture.

The overall beauty of this is very nice.
*y*  *y*  *sweet*

#6 highlandcattle

highlandcattle

Member: 839

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:48 PM

Awesome!
Best use of that baseplate EVER!
Makes me want to buy that hospital :)

I just love the compactness of it all.
I would use a brown arch instead of a white one for the bordwalk.

I even go as far as saying that this is one of the best parks I have ever seen!
My Bricklink My Flickr
My Trains:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image  Posted Image
Thank you PaulC

#7 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois

• Bagel Heretic

Member: 1496

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

Wow good job  *y*   *wub* ,almost as good as the train station me and my friend built on the same baseplate .........  :-P  ;-)

#8 VBBN

VBBN

• Teaching is made up of patience

Member: 1621

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

I love that boardwalk, and the pond is awesome!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

#9 WarnIcarus

WarnIcarus

Member: 2301

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:12 AM

You sure did fit a lot on a single baseplate. I like the boardwalk most, but the whole thing seems cramped, maybe you should expand it?

#10 Inertia

Inertia

• Rebellious Snot

Member: 2653

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

Wow, nice park, I like the fact that you included a pond and integrated the bin from the impulse set.  *y*
I Return! I got lost upon the path of Life

Inertiatieri, A Rather DeadCaptain in The Baritones 2!

Hoist the Posted Image colors!!

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic:

Posted Image

Please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#11 AzMean

AzMean

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

View Postzouave, on Feb 18 2008, 05:02 AM, said:

That is very high quality work.  I like everything about this moc.  The boardwalk is very well designed.
Thanks a million zouave. It wasnt easy designing that broadwalk coz I had difficulties deciding how the handrails are to be built. I wanted someting "wooden" but not too old-looking.  X-D

View PostExobuilder, on Feb 18 2008, 05:09 AM, said:

Very impressive 8-°

I must say your building style is something I've always wanted to capture.

The overall beauty of this is very nice.
*y*  *y*  *sweet*

Building style? I didn;t know i got a style.  :-D I just wanted to build a set that will visualize a Real Set that TLC might sell. So I didn't have too much, or too little. Just right combination of the elements.

View Posthighlandcattle, on Feb 18 2008, 05:48 AM, said:

Awesome!
Best use of that baseplate EVER!
Makes me want to buy that hospital :)

I just love the compactness of it all.
I would use a brown arch instead of a white one for the bordwalk.

I even go as far as saying that this is one of the best parks I have ever seen!

Yeah, I had difficulty finding the brown one... but since i already had the white one.. might as well. The original build was that the fence on the broadwalk was the pink-grilled fences but the different levels and steps on the broadwalk proved too difficult to use those.

Thanks for ur comments!!  :'-)

View PostDarth_Legois_619, on Feb 18 2008, 06:43 AM, said:

Wow good job  *y*   *wub* ,almost as good as the train station me and my friend built on the same baseplate .........  :-P  ;-)

Train station? Where? Show me!

View Post~VBBN~, on Feb 18 2008, 06:58 AM, said:

I love that boardwalk, and the pond is awesome!

The pond didnt turn out good as what i have thought of. I feel its too small and hard to see. But nevertheless, it was ok since its the first time I did a water/pond 'scenario'.

View PostWarnIcarus, on Feb 18 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

You sure did fit a lot on a single baseplate. I like the boardwalk most, but the whole thing seems cramped, maybe you should expand it?

Expand? Well, that is always open to options (and my wallet). If one fine day, I were to have a real Lego Town, I will surely expand it! Thanks for the idea!  :-$

View PostInertia, on Feb 18 2008, 01:55 PM, said:

Wow, nice park, I like the fact that you included a pond and integrated the bin from the impulse set.  *y*

Yes.. u are the first person who noticed the bin is from the impulse set. hehe... very observant!  :-D

Thanks for all ur comments!! wooohoo!  *wub*

#12 kinjai

kinjai

Member: 2484

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

Azmean,

Hats off to you for turning that baseplate into actually something useful. That's high creativity, dude.  :-)

Now I know what to do with my 7419 baseplate. *sweet*

#13 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

That´s just a brilliant idea, marvelous executed.  *y*
Very creative with plain charming details like that lovely pond and the smart arrangement
of park benches. The only thing I´m a little unsure´re the parking lots.... maybe that room
could be used for something better like a nice café or a kiosk or even a monument or just
one more tree....  8-|

#14 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

Wow! What a great idea for the use of this baseplate!
So, the stickers from the hospital set are very well integreted here!
Your park is well done, very chaming. I like the two pics "without" and "with" minifigs. We can really see the difference between a closed parck and an alive one!

View PostAsuka, on Feb 18 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

The only thing I´m a little unsure´re the parking lots.... maybe that room
could be used for something better like a nice café or a kiosk or even a monument or just
one more tree....  8-|
I agree with you Asuka! Maybe a pond and a cascade will be great, continuing your small pond above the wooden bridge...

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 AzMean

AzMean

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:52 AM

View Postkinjai, on Feb 18 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

Azmean,

Hats off to you for turning that baseplate into actually something useful. That's high creativity, dude.  :-)

Now I know what to do with my 7419 baseplate. *sweet*
the baseplate from the orient expedition? whoa... dats gonna be a sweet park! hehe.. thanks for the praises man!  :'-)

View PostAsuka, on Feb 19 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

That´s just a brilliant idea, marvelous executed.  *y*
Very creative with plain charming details like that lovely pond and the smart arrangement
of park benches. The only thing I´m a little unsure´re the parking lots.... maybe that room
one more tree....  8-|

View Postalex54, on Feb 19 2008, 06:15 AM, said:

Wow! What a great idea for the use of this baseplate!
So, the stickers from the hospital set are very well integreted here!
Your park is well done, very chaming. I like the two pics "without" and "with" minifigs. We can really see the difference between a closed park and an alive one!
I agree with you Asuka! Maybe a pond and a cascade will be great, continuing your small pond above the wooden bridge...

thanks guys!  :-D yeah.. maybe the parking lot spoils the set a bit. The reason i did that was because i didnt want anything to block the 'view' of the over-head benches infront of the gazebo. But a cascade or a fountain would be a great addition and wouldn't need much space too.

Thanks for the great idea!  :-$

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users