Brickdoctor

Realm of the Mad God

OryxLarge.png

Ever since JimB referenced Realm of the Mad God in the Heroica Rules and Discussion topic, I've been playing it once or twice a week. In the process, I've become pretty good and I've taken a couple concepts from the game for my Heroica Quests. (Robes and Cloaks are both items I decided to adapt to Heroica from RotMG) With Build 121 now live in the non-testing servers and bringing with it the new guilds, I thought a topic on EB might be in order.

So, does anyone else on EB play? I've got 3,500+ Fame that I'm not doing anything with (I don't acquire Fame fast enough or wield rare enough equipment to make buying an Amulet a realistically practical idea), so...Eurobricks Guild, anyone? :classic:

Brickdoctr (USWest)

rotmgrank21.png

Mid-Tier Free Items Available:

All freebie mules are now public. E-mail addresses and passwords are on the Board in the Guild Hall.

Eurobricks Guild:

rotmgrankleader.png Brickdoctr (Brickdoctor)

rotmgrankleader.png Hornblower (Skipper)

rotmgrankofficer.png Briksparts (Bricksandparts)

rotmgrankofficer.png BrickCosty (Costy)

rotmgrankofficer.png DarthNihil (Darth Nihilus)

rotmgrankofficer.png Hasenklein (Brickadeer)

rotmgrankmember.png ADonut (Donut)

rotmgrankmember.png Calanon (Calanon)

rotmgrankmember.png CallMePie (CallMePieorDie)

rotmgrankmember.png Emorith (K-nut)

rotmgrankmember.png JBoyWonder (TheBoyWonder)

rotmgrankmember.png LegoFlipz (Flipz)

rotmgrankmember.png Harkshire (VolcanicPanik)

rotmgrankmember.png PoisonKate (Poison Ivy)

rotmgrankmember.png TLSisco (Sisco)

rotmgrankinitiate.png MaskedBud (Masked Builder)

How to Join the EB Guild:

[*]Register for RotMG.

[*]You need to be Rank 1 before you can join, so you'll need 20 Fame. Fortunately, there is a 20 Fame bonus at your first death. Go store your equips in the vault and have fun suiciding. :laugh:

[*]Go to the Nexus. If you haven't done so already, check which server you're on. You can click on 'Servers' from the main menu to change servers. The guild usually plays on EUNorth2, at the bottom of the list, and finding you will be much easier if you're already there. (and if you came from one of the busier servers, like USWest, you'll probably find a lot fewer people, a faster-running game, and a lot fewer n00bs - even if you're still a newb yourself. :snicker: )

[*]Find the gold statue in the beginning of the Nexus.

[*]Set a unique name. It's probably best to pick a name that's similar to your EB name. (Hint: Don't pick 'Hornblower'. Other players seem to interpret it in the, ah, wrong way. :sick: )

[*]Meet Doc or Skipper in the game. You can set up a meeting or just hang around the Nexus and keep typing '/teleport Brickdoctr' or '/teleport Hornblower' until one of them gets on, but you might be doing that for a long time, depending on what time it is... user_off.png

[*]Accept the invitation. When you do, your name and the names of other guild members will appear green. They will also appear as green dots instead of yellow on the minimap. You can also participate in guild-private chat by adding '/g' to the beginning of each comment. The resulting comment will appear green amongst the other comments in the lower-left corner, and (if you have the option to view text bubbles on) their text bubbles will be green, too. Basically, if it's green, it's probably guild-related. (Note: Medusas are green, but they are definitely not your guild buddies. Kill them or run away; don't go over to say 'Hi'. :tongue: )

[*]Click on the names of the other guild members near you in the sidebar and select 'Lock' Now, their names will appear emboldened in the sidebar and will always be at the top of the list, even if they're not one of the six players closest to you, provided they're in the same area as you. (same Nexus, same dungeon, same realm, Guild Hall on the same server, etc.) This way, you can easily find them if they're online.[*]Be sure to check out the Guild Hall, through the brown double doors at the beginning of the Nexus. The Guild Board has some important info, including login details for the mules holding free equips that your fellow guild members don't need. Do note that there is a separate Guild Hall for each server, so don't just say, "Everyone meet in the Guild Hall!", and expect to be able to see people on other servers. This is a common complaint that the devs are aware of, but, for now, another reason for everyone to stick to EUNorth2. :classic:

Sure, but I'm a bit noobish and can't find anything around the Nexus. Is there a way to trade items or change your name?

Trading is done by clicking on a player's name in the sidebar and selecting 'Trade'. (the other player must accept the invitation to trade) Alternatively, you can type "/trade player name" in the comment box.

If you haven't chosen a unique name, you can enter one by visiting the statue on the left in the first area of the Nexus. (I forget if it's the gold one or the silver one) If you've already chosen a unique name, you have to pay 1,000 Gold to change it. (Gold must be purchased with actual money)

Cool, I died once already. :tongue: I'm Harkshire, USWest. Some ridiculous Level 2 Wizard with too much loot and too little money.

You can store eight items in the one free Vault chest you get. Go through the yellow portal in the first area of the Nexus and put your stuff in the open chest. (additional chests cost more Gold)

You can store eight items in the one free Vault chest you get. Go through the yellow portal in the first area of the Nexus and put your stuff in the open chest. (additional chests cost more Gold)

My chest is already full... Is there a way to get more Gold without buying it?

If you have good loot, some players will buy Gold for you in exchange for loot, but you have to give them your account details.

Otherwise, create a second (mule) account to store stuff in.

Really frustrating when you die. I had all this stuff, Chimera Hide Armour, Bronze Helm and my Robe of the Invoker! :cry_sad::hmpf_bad: Do you have any tips for playing a Priest?

Priest is rather simple to play. Dodge enemy fire the way you would with any other class, hit them from far away with your wand, and keep a finger on the spacebar incase you get shotgunned or your health drops too low.

I went into the forest on level 2. Ran like hell and got to level 5 before dying. :laugh:

My user is Seus - how do I change it?

Scratch that, I changed it. My name is CallMePie. :classic:

StatBots are down at the time, and I can't find you, Volcanic.

Scratch that, I changed it. My name is CallMePie. :classic:

What server are you on?

StatBots are down at the time, and I can't find you, Volcanic.

What server are you on?

USWest.

Damn it, I keep going the wrong way.... :blush:

USWest.

I can't find you. Are you sure you're not on USEast? By default you play on the server closest to you. I'm in the Nexus next to the purchasable dyes right now.

I'm in Ogre right now. I'll head back, though.

I see you now.

No, unfortunately. The only cosmetic upgrades that survive death are pets, but you have to store the pet generator inside your Vault, and pets cost 600 Gold.

In other news, I went after a new Quest Boss, Lord of the Lost Lands, and my Level 20, 106 Fame Necromancer got killed by a salvo of light green bullets that I couldn't see against the snowy terrain I was on. :sad:

In other news, I went after a new Quest Boss, Lord of the Lost Lands, and my Level 20, 106 Fame Necromancer got killed by a salvo of light green bullets that I couldn't see against the snowy terrain I was on. :sad:

Ahh....I just lot my level 17 Rogue against one of Oryx's pets. Soo close to 20...

Hmm...any hints for a beginner, especially for leveling?

When you first start out, it's all about playing it safe. Escape to the Nexus if your HP drops too low, and just keep at it. Know what you want to play next and start to store up equipment for that character. If you have good equips ready for your character, you can jump into a group of more experienced players and let them do the work while you reap the XP. (you shouldn't do that if you don't have good equips waiting, since you won't be able to get nearly as much loot in a group as you will solo)

What's your in-game name, and what server are you on?

My Accountname is Brickadeer, and I have no idea which server I'm on :) All I know is that I die pretty fast.

edit:

Currently, it's USE.

Edited by Brickadeer

What a ridiculous idea, who would ever play this? :tongue:

Yeah, haven't played in a few years and it sounds like a lot has changed. For beginniners, like Doc said it's best to stay in a pack and try to get as many potions as you can (I wouldn't worry too much about the magic potions or tonics or whatever their called, your MP regenerates fast enough). It's mostly hit and run, so dodge as much as possible and don't worry about hitting the enemy so much as staying away from them.

When fighting the Mad God, hide and shoot in random directions. Steal the loot from dead players. :tongue:

Rangers, Rogues, or Mages are definitely the best classes for beginners.

When fighting the Mad God, hide and shoot in random directions. Steal the loot from dead players. :tongue:

Rangers, Rogues, or Mages are definitely the best classes for beginners.

You need to get up to date. :poke: Graves can't be looted any more, and Priests are insanely easy to farm the godlands for Stat Potions with.

Speaking of Stat Pots, CallMePie, unless you want to buy Tier 10 stuff (equips you probably don't want to use on a character that you're not maxing the stats of), you're going to get better trades if you offer Attack or Speed pots instead of Defense. (Defense being the most popular stat, Def Pots are worth more than the equipment you probably want right now - Tier 8 or Tier 9)