Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Where does Indy really belong?

It seems that there is a disconnect between Indy and Adventurers. JT and company is placed in the history forum, while Indy is in the theater. While I understand the reasoning behind this, it doesn't seem like its the best way to go.

Indy sets and MOCs would fit more readily in the history forum. JT and Indy are quite similar, in theme, sets and style. So dividing them up into separate forums seems silly. Indy fits better here anyway.

The only thing it has in common with Star Wars, Harry Potter, Speed Racer, Sponge-Bob is that its a license (and the crappy flesh-tones). Having the flying wing next to bikini bottom or a TIE-fighter seems like a non sequiter.

While its true that, using my logic, Star Wars should probably be put into Space. SW is, however, a much larger theme than Indy will ever be. And the whole theater forum is pretty much solely devoted to and dominated by SW.

To sum it up, I suggest Indy be grandfathered into the history thread.

Steve

Indy is a license and shall stay in the Theater forum !!

Spongebob has cool city sets so why not put him in city ? Star wars is in space so why not put it in space ?

The point of having a licence forum os to kep licenses cosy in the same flat ;-)

*yoda*

Theatre. It's licensed. They have peach faces. It's from a movie. If we do this then Batman should go in Town, and Star Wars will be moved to Space... 8-|

I edited my original post to include this, which, at least, addresses the Star Wars concerns:

While its true that, using my logic, Star Wars should probably be put into Space. SW is, however, a much larger theme than Indy will ever be. And the whole theater forum is pretty much solely devoted to and dominated by SW.

Steve, who realizes he's probably fighting a losing battle on this one... X-D

Well the theater forum isn't dominated by SW...the subforum is X-D Seriously, with the rush of new sets if anything the theater forum would be dominated by Indi :-P

It'll stay where it is...and personally I think it belongs there. I mean if we start distributing the themes amongst their closest matches what's the point in a theater at all? To organize all licenses into one is a good idea I think.

I honestly can't see why you would want to put him in History & Adventure. Indy is a great licence, but it IS a licence. That aspect of the line simply can't be overlooked.

While I think it does belong in the Theater forum, I think that certain Indy mocs could be posted here in the history section. Ones like TheBrickster's german base, or perhaps a recreation of the Flying Wing, I think certain topics could be posted in either forum.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Well actually, I'm not sure Indy should be moved. I just find it funny to split Indy and JT. Pretty much any Indy MOC could be a JT MOC, if you just swapped out the figures.

I don't see any real solution to this issue, beyond the severe remedy of dividing the history forum into all its covered subthemes (i.e. Castle, Western, Adventurers), which is not warranted.

It was just a thought I had while looking through the Adventurers index and thinking: "Hey, where are all the Indy links... oh wait, I should look in the theater forum... how clunky..." As a resolution to this issue, I'd suggest a link in the Adventurers Index to the Indy Index (if one is ever made)... or I could just quit thinking... X-D

Steve

As a resolution to this issue, I'd suggest a link in the Adventurers Index to the Indy Index (if one is ever made)... or I could just quit thinking... X-D

You should check EB more often :-P It does exist !!

*yoda*