Sign in to follow this  
Inconspicuous

Clone Bomb Squad Battle Pack

indexed.gif

Hey everyone,

After around a month of Sharpie-ing, browsing Bricklink, and photography, I proudly present my entry in KimT's wonderful Battle Pack Contest!

My favorite episode from The Clone Wars was Blue Shadow Virus, due partially to Dr. Vindi, and partially to the awesome Bomb Squad troopers. Naturally, I went out and designed a Bomb Squad Battle Pack for Vindi's Lab MOCs and various Vindi virus vignettes involving virtual... uh venison?

Set Name: Clone Bomb Squad Battle Pack

Set Number: 6188

Pieces: 70

Minifigs: 4 Bomb Squad Troopers

Price: $10.99 USD

Stop the Separatist forces with the Clone Bomb Squad!

Always ready for action, the Clone Bomb Squad readily assists the Republic forces in their most dangerous missions. Deploy the troopers to deactivate Dr. Vindi's Blue Shadow Virus bombs, or create a mission of your own!

*Includes 4 all new Bomb Squad Troopers

*Features two Bomb-deactivation tool kits, two blasters, and two blaster rifles

*Includes two stack-able bomb racks with 16 Virus Bombs

*Combine with 6189 Commando Droids Battle Pack for the ultimate play experience!

My lame box-art:

box_art.jpg

The Troopers:

minifigs.jpg

The Tool Kits:

tools.jpg

Alternate Set-up:

alternate_scene.jpg

Rack Stack Feature:

stacked_racks.jpg

Comments and Criticism welcome!

-Inconspicuous (WhiteFang insists that everyone should call me Inky)

Edited by Inconspicuous

I like the Blue Shadow Virus episodes too and you executed that well. Its a nice set and the tools are great.

If I may suggest some potential changes to the set: maybe swap one of the Clones for a different one. A commander maybe?

I loved that episode!

I love this BP aswell :thumbup::wub:

The troopers are very nice and the Bombs on the racks are Really well done :wub:

Good luck :sweet:

CommanderFox

And another one that get's my vote.

Brilliantly executed, and good job with the clones. I'd buy one of these for sure.

If I may suggest some potential changes to the set: maybe swap one of the Clones for a different one. A commander maybe?

I considered this, but there never were any Commanders in the episode, and if I made my own, it would probably end up looking too much like Cody. Plus the ARC gear would throw me over the piece limit.

Wow, that's perfect! I love it. If it were to be released, I would buy tons of 'em. Yoosa gots meesa's vote! :tongue:

I considered this, but there never were any Commanders in the episode, and if I made my own, it would probably end up looking too much like Cody. Plus the ARC gear would throw me over the piece limit.

Oops. Sorry I didn't notice that you're right up on the brick count.

I'm sure we're allowed some creativity and deviation from the episode. Have you considered maybe a commander without the ARC gear but painted differently from the "standard" trooper? Maybe the commander has less orange on him?

It's accurate and perfect for fans of that episode, I give you that...

But I hated that episode. That was one of the stupidest and most childish episodes of that whole Clone Wars season. I don't understand why they had to put that moron doctor guy in. :hmpf_bad:

At the same time, your battlepack puts it in good light. Great customization and work on the racks! Best of luck. :thumbup:

Edited by Darth Legolas

I wou;d say this BP is great for anyone, Legolas, not just fans of the episode because I very much disliked that episode too.

Anyways very well done and I totally agree that you should not have made a commander.

Rules Of Entry:

• 4 Minifigs - brickbuilt minifigs counts a minifig (no more, no less).
  • 50-70 Parts (minifigs not included).
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • No baseplates (or large parts like BURP).
  • S@H-like Description (check the descriptions on shop.lego.com for inspiration).
  • Own motivation for creating set (why these figs and accessories?).
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles - One of which should be a box diplay/image.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.

A well-thought and well-designed entry.

Best of luck.