MrTools

My first attempt at a ship

thindexedgif.gif 66c

Its not the greatest one out there but thats mainly because i dont have any actual pirate sets yet. And since i am new here i dont know how to post images in the forum to i will put a link to it on here instead. The masts on it were made by me (but i didnt do to good on them :pir-grin: ) But once i can get some actual ship parts i can do a lot better.

Here is a link to the "Black Sea Flapper" http://mocpages.com/moc.php/82194 Named that because it is so flimsy and you cant move it :pir-hmpf:

12277237761_DISPLAY.jpg

awesome i love it! this is great I was surprised it was a first attempt it looks fantastic! :pir-cry_happy: i like the captains quarters outside and inside!

Edited by computerbug

same here^^ this is a very nice ship, especially for a first attempt! I love the canons and the captain quarter is great^^ great job for a first attempt!

Looks amazing for your first ship, especially because you don't have any ship pieces who makes it more difficult to build a ship. Your custom sails could be better but I truely love the stern! :pir_laugh2:

A tip for making striped sails: use tape on the pieces you don't want to paint and paint the rest, then remove the tape and you'll get a nice striped sail.

really nice ship.

i like the way you make the hull from bricks.

great creation.

very nice details like the cannons, captain room,

maybe the ship can be a little longer.

Thanks guys. But the problem with the stern (even if its cool :pir_laugh2: ) takes up almost wvery grey slope i have :pir-sceptic: so i cant make much els. But i do plan to have a video review of it soon to give you a better look at it.

And thanks for the advice on the sails too! :pir-classic:

I looked at this before I left the house this morning and was, like others I'm sure, impressed to see that this was your first attempt on a ship like this. I'm really impressed with some of the techniques and ideas you have implemented in the design of this ship. All in all, good work, and I look forward to seeing future creations.

Dear MrTools,

thats a really nice looking ship.

It really captures the lego pirate feel.

Don't give up building without ship parts, its way more fun. :thumbup::pir-classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

Great first attempt and I like some of the fantastic details included. The details are great, but parts of the ship seem a little too underdetailed for the detailed parts. An increase in bricks and time would make this ship look even more fantastic.

Still a great ship. Awesome work!

Thanks guys. But the problem with the stern (even if its cool :pir_laugh2: ) takes up almost wvery grey slope i have :pir-sceptic: so i cant make much els. But i do plan to have a video review of it soon to give you a better look at it.

And thanks for the advice on the sails too! :pir-classic:

You're welcome :pir-blush: