Ecclesiastes

Noriach, summer palace of House Chorian

(Note. I build this for Brickworld 2016. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make more and better photo's. I finished it just before the event and although it arrived there quite well, the journey back destroyed most of it. So I used Hinckley's photo's instead.)

28275473831_fab8d343cc_b.jpg

When Ondylion was destroyed, the house of Chorian needed a new place to stay. While Elon lives in Valholl at the moment to lead the people his family disliked the large city and preferred a different place. So Ekron, Elon's father invited the family to stay with him permanently at the Summer Palace, Noriach. When he passed leadership of the Chorian house to Elon he left Ondylion to spend his last years there. And why wouldn't he?! It's wonderfully located along water en surrounded by lush forests with lots of game.

28354072905_bdb6053454_c.jpg

28354066305_6bfe77acbe_c.jpg

28275467781_b0e708eda0_c.jpg

28354061765_1bdc74b353_c.jpg

28275471381_af40b7ec59_c.jpg

Some Brickworld photo's:

27745489654_4c41efe0be_c.jpg28282872791_b94a6443ce_c.jpg

28361454635_5cd1086e09_c.jpg

Poor overviews before taking it apart for Brickworld:

27501831112_2cf15290c7_c.jpg

27601242405_8d9906b417_c.jpg

:wub_drool: I think I can see why someone would want to live there! :laugh: Lovely woodworking and stone-work, Ecc, and you've definitely nailed the Norse architecture! The tall building and the stone stairs out front are my favorite parts, but the water is quite superb as well! :thumbup:

I do think that the colors on the tower next to the water are a bit out of place, and the path out front could use some more detailing, but overall, great job once again! And great to see you building in the Guilds (particularly in our one! :wink::laugh:) again!

Oh my, what a shame! The pictures look fantastic. Very lifelike and super impressive. Thats really a prime example of MOCing here :classic: :thumbup:Are you going to rebuild it or move on to something else? Of course I wou!d welcomd more shots of it. Its too good to be lost!

Wow! That is superb. My favorite part (besides the whole thing) is the lower level of stairs to the entrance. The layout and composition are excellent. I think that the colors of the tower are appropriate in the context of the whole, since the building in the front has the same coloration. All in all, a fantastic build. Glad I got to see it in pictures, at least.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Ful of great details... like the staircase... :wub: :wub:

The multi layered main buiding also is lovely.

Great job there man...!

(I am jealous at your big building desk /room)

Epic work (again!) Ecc! I really like the dark red used here, nice pop of color that isn't too loud. :thumbup:

This is one of my favorite creations I've ever seen. I really love your style and your attention to detail but Norse architecture has a special place in my heart and I think you've done this beautifully. I'm particularly obsessed with the staircase.

Yo, I took more. I had them in a different folder. Adding them to the dropbox now.

Or maybe they were already there. :wacko: I had a long night...

Woah. Just woah. This is amazing! Packed with details!

I'd like to give you some constructive criticism, but my mind's going crazy unable to find anything :wink:

:wub: awesome!

(what are the dates for Beickworld next year?)

Awesome work. The way the building fits into the mountain is great. I love all the details and the variety of techniques.

How did you build those trees?

OK truly epic build, LOVE the detail put into, I wish I had the parts and skill for these types of builds... :classic::grin:

How did you build those trees?

I second that. How many of the vine pieces does it take to make one of those? They look great as cedar/spruce trees, better than any other way of trying to make them that I have seen.

Tis unfortunate that such a lovely build was destroyed in transit, but since it was after BW, I suppose it's not as bad as it could have been.

Brilliant layout with plenty to look at and admire on each side. The lovely stairs are a definite highlight for me :wub: as are the superb wooden buildings. I would have loved to see this in person!

Fantastic build, Ecc! I do wish we had more and better pictures but the shape you've got here is epic and Mitgardian! Great rockwork too, and I love the stone steps! :thumbup:

this build is huge:D I love the architecture, it indeed has a real norse feeling.

This is some seriously impressive work!! So many great details, it's unbelievable.