Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

50th Anniversary of the 4x2 Lego Brick celebration

sunrise0.jpg

Since it's the 28th January in Australia already it was on Channel 7's "Sunrise" program today. (It's one of those breakfast shows.) Some builders and LEGO Ambassador Richie Dulin were there to talk and build thoughout the show. Find all the pics here. It's nice that AFOLs are getting some publicity in mainstream TV. *sweet*

Just about to post this so you saved me the trouble, watched this this morning lol but there were so many ads :-| :-D i'm happy that you AFOL are getting some reconition!

happy birthday lego brick :-D

When I started Google.de today I realized that the Logo has changed...

... to the better! :-D *wub*

(Sorry, I can

Yes, it's for the 50th anniversary of the 'standard' 2x4 brick.

You can find something about it here.

Btw, if you move your pointer on the Google logo and wait for a few second, an alternate text will appear, saying "50th anniversary of the LEGO brick" ;-)

LuxorV

That is so nice! Now everybody on the internet knows about the anniversary!

Here it is:

post-1116-1201511190.gif

Edited by simonwillems

Btw, if you move your pointer on the Google logo and wait for a few second, an alternate text will appear, saying "50th anniversary of the LEGO brick" ;-)

Thanks for telling. I

I noticed this earlier today, Its really cool! *y*

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

Very cool that Google also likes LEGO :-D

As for why it's today:

On Monday 28th of January at 13:58 it is exactly 50 year since Godtfred Kirk Christiansen delievered the patent application for the LEGO brick. Since then children all of the world has played with the famous brick, and today every human on average owns 64 LEGO bricks.
(quick translation from the Danish text at http://www.lego.com/dan/info/default.asp?p...=&archive=false. Couldn't find it in English, I'm sure it's somewhere on lego.com ;-)) Edited by Quarryman

When I started Google.de today I realized that the Logo has changed...

I hope you don't mind, but I merged your topic with mine to keep the discussion in one place.

The Google one really surprised me earlier this morning (woke me up a bit as well, as I laughed cheerily), so that was a nice touch.

Happy Birthday Lego brick. Suffice to say, I may have to mention it in college this afternoon...

And it's always nice to see Lego in the mainstream media.

That's absolutely awesome. Google desreves some major respect for showing kudos to the greatest brand of the 20th century! Excellent stuff.

*wub* Happy Anniversary Lego Brick! *sweet*

I want to buy 10184 today, since today is the official 'birthday'. ;-)

Happy Birthday Lego Brick.

Forgive my ignorance but is today, the day the first brick came of the production line, it was invented, or the patent filed?

Regardless it's strange to look back and see how far a simple brick has come in 50 years.

According to what I heard on the news this morning, it's 50 years since the patent was filed.

Yay, 50 years and our favourite lil' brick is still going strong! *wub*

According to what I heard on the news this morning, it's 50 years since the patent was filed.

That's correct.

Loads of my friends had seen the Google logo this morning, but didn't know why it was there until I mentioned it this afternoon.

That's correct.

Thanks both for clearing that up, does anyone know when the first brick came off the production line? Also someone on the BBC news said the brick was invented by someone else who sold it to Lego is that true?