Hinckley Brewing Co.

36 replies to this topic

#1 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Member: 486

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image

I know this had a lot of responses in the contest thread, but I wanted to display it for people who might not have had a chance to see it. :-$

So, here's my brewery!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Click any pic to see the full gallery on my site and feel free to leave feedback! Thanks. :-)

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

I didn't follow the contest, but I saw it on your site, and it was  *wub* at first glance.

Great building and extreme attention for details *y* .

The van an the poster are just superb!

LuxorV

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#3 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:41 AM

This is awesome! The scaffolding (?) is neat, that poster is great! :-D The detail on the front roof section is simple but detailed. The interior detail and build is fantastic. That truck is also very well built, and the decals are nice. This would make a great set, every kid's Lego Town needs a brewery!!  :-P :-D The mix of brown and frown don't detract from the building, but rather add to it. Great job, keep up the good work! *y*  *y*
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#4 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:56 AM

Iīm glad that you opened this topic, Hinckley!
I already saw it in the contest thread and I have to say itīs one of the best town models I have ever seen. *wub*

Hail to the builder, baby!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The color choice (both brown and green completed with tan  *wub* ), the excellent roof and access to the garage/goods delivery, the side wall with the poster - Iīm speechless! 8-°
Some people not involved in Lego just looked over my shoulder - they were impressed, too. But then I told them: Look, thereīs an interior as well. :'-)

btw: What is the worker with the red hands doing? He didnīt get his fingers in one of the machines, did he? :-X  You know I canīt stand to see blood...  :-P ;-)

PLEASE sell it! And reserve one for me...
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#5 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

• Rock Hard ABS

Member: 998

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

Hinckley, I really love this!  *wub*  The brick colour choice (brown and rown, right?  ;-) ) is excellent and the minifigures are great! The decals are cool and I love the style where no stud can be seen, is there a name for covering everything in tiles for a realistic effect? Anyways, superb job!  :-)  *y*

#6 Vader

Vader

Member: 83

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

Great moc, though i do have a problem with it.... There dosen't appear to be any drunken Admins outside X-D

#7 Chuck

Chuck

Member: 291

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

View PostVader, on Oct 17 2007, 08:16 AM, said:

Great moc, though i do have a problem with it.... There dosen't appear to be any drunken Admins outside X-D

I am guessing that they can be found inside the hug, grey vats.

-Chuck

#8 Vader

Vader

Member: 83

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

Nahhh if we were in there it would only be to rib the place, i can picture a moc with  *yoda*  trying to carry a keg away X-D

#9 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:43 PM

Fishing for attention, are we?  :-P Well I can't talk as I have done similar things in the past!  :-$ However, a MOC this good really can't be missed.  *wub* I'm still stunned by how beautiful this is. Additionally, it has some very smart part usage, especially what you have done to make the loading bay. If that wasn't enough, you then added the cool exterior details like the billboard!  :-D

The fermenting system looks suitably complicated, although you really need more ageing vats!  :-P I love how you have included a lift for adding hops to the fermentor. The printed plate, while a nice touch, doesn't work for me though. Prior to deciding to go to your site, I was going to insult your lack of an office, and I am glad that I decided to check! Great touch, from there he has a commanding view of his minions!  *wub* (I won't include this photo to encourage people to go to your site and see it for themselves!  ;-) )

The van is kind of cool, but lately those wheels have been saying to me "too small for trucks" (hence my fire-engine) so it loses points from me there.  :-$ It does look very suited to the brewery though.

Oddly, your photos seem to be missing a few details. I would love to see the internal connection with the fire escape.... or isn't there one? I can see in one photo...

Posted Image

...the middle level off to the right and I can just see the door there, but nothing seems to be in front of it... 8-| Did you end up integrating this MOC into your town? Being raised will create more that a few problems, although it would work well near a wharf. (Maybe I should make something similar!  :-D )

Overall this is my favourite building MOC ever. Honest. The biggest reason why I think this design is great is because it should appeal to people who like the "traditional" building style as well as those who prefer the more recent "Cafe Corner" style. To me it seems so real, yet not over detailed. Looking at this makes me want to forget about "Cafe Corner" clones and start work on a "Hinckley Brewing Co." clone ASAP. Simply gorgeous.  *sweet*

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#10 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

yeah it's cool. i like the use of trans-color cones for bottles. i absolutely  *wub* the new gas station set. the trans-black cones are awesome as coca-cola generic cola bottles.  *y*

#11 doug7172

doug7172

Member: 1967

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

I love it! This awesome! You should post pics of your entire city!

#12 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

A marvelous MOC with a beautiful interior, very fine details like that fire exit and
that great The Whacker & The Walrus bill. Your loading area and truckīre also
very ingenious. Overall an astounding smart and clever work indeed, with a wonderful
color scheme and an extra portion of charm.   *y*

Thereīs only one thing.... that grand smoothness of it makes me feel a little scary....
I donīt know why, usually Iīve no problems with sleek or SNOT MOCs, but here
itīs just a bit too much for me.  8-|

#13 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

I love this so much it's silly.  It just looks so real, and I love when sets look like they're not sets, but actually models.  This looks like I could go downtown and find it on a street.  I love the loading portion, the color schemes, even the inside *wub*

Great job.  The only thing I might possibly suggest is to make a "bricked in" window, you know what I mean?

#14 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

• Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

This looks like the real thing.
You've made a good choice for the colors.
Brown and green go perfect together in this MOC.
Not only the outside, but also the inside is very detailed.
And those posters on the sides of the car and building give this MOC that little extra.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

#15 casewindu

casewindu

• Extreme Tie General

Member: 1257

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

I really like the colours in this builing and the truck in an amazing creation! I see that the little loading depo is raised was that just so you could have it going downwards or are you planniing to add anything else to it?

#16 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

Terriffic! Tlc should made this set in production. *y*  :-D  :-)
Duke of Equestria

#17 Norro

Norro

• Writer & Director and Old Grey fetishist

Member: 315

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

Ohhh, ahhh...

Very nice! I particularly like the simplicity of the colour scheme and industrial feel...

God Bless,

Nathan
Posted Image

#18 Lord Of Pies

Lord Of Pies

• Official Pirate Set Reviewer, who's back into pirates!

Member: 2085

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

This is a fantastic Moc, Hinckley! I was really outstanded when I first saw it. *wub*  
And the cool little details inside too! It makes me ashamed to even consider posting some of my mocs!
Anyway, this is perhaps the most vital ingredient in a town, never mind hospitals or Police stations, who needs them when you are completely drunk!  :-D
Are you hasty for a tasty pastry?

#19 jedikermit

jedikermit

• Muppet Man

Member: 2077

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

Amazing work, Hinckley!

Although I love all of it, my favorite part might be the loading dock--I love that rounded roof...just makes it seem more industrial and authentic.  

I wanna build one!
Check out my CUUSOO Proposals:  Superman's Fortress of Solitude and The Muppets!

#20 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat

• Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Great brewery Hinckley, pass me a crate sometime!! :-D
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#21 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

• Saloon Gambler

Member: 646

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:29 AM

i've been meaning to leave some feedback here, hinckley.

i really like looking at this, because (as you probably know) im pretty interested with "industry building" right now.  and this has a real industry touch, as norro pointed out.  good exterior colors, and i love the rare green garage door links.

i also like the truck...  and might secretly like to borrow that front end configuration sometime  ;-)  im getting slightly tired of all the flat noses of the official sets.

- BM
check out my about me thread.

also, check out The LEGO Western Expansion MOC Page at MOCpages.com !!!
and Brick Miner's Extras BrickLink.com store !!!

#22 szww

szww

Member: 1612

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:39 PM

I have seen that already some time ago, and i still like to visit your web to watch pictures of that MOC,
it is just marvelous, i wish Lego made it as an official set  *wub*

Hinckley, I have just one question, where did you get that green garage roller door panels WITHOUT handle from??
At Bricklink there is only a few with handel and non without :(

#23 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Member: 486

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

Thanks everyone for all the nice compliments. One thing I have to say is that it's nice to see so much activity in this forum. When I first started posting years ago. When I posted an MOC, it would be one of three or four active topics. It's nice to see that a MOC I posted only a week ago is already on the second page! More MOCs everyone! Yay!

View Postiamded, on Oct 17 2007, 03:41 AM, said:

This is awesome! The scaffolding (?) is neat, that poster is great!  The detail on the front roof section is simple but detailed. The interior detail and build is fantastic. That truck is also very well built, and the decals are nice. This would make a great set, every kid's Lego Town needs a brewery!!   The mix of brown and frown don't detract from the building, but rather add to it. Great job, keep up the good work!  
~Peace

Thanks! And yes, I love that you've pointed out that we need to encourage kids to drink. And that is a point well made. Even if LEGO did want to make this into a set, which would be a *wub* dream come true, they probably wouldn't be able to get past the subject matter. Remember they didn't release the Guarded Inn in the states because there were wine glasses in it? *wacko* I have to admit, I saw the mixed color technique used somewhere on Brickshelf and loved the idea. It really worked great here, but it was not originally my idea...

View PostHolodoc, on Oct 17 2007, 05:56 AM, said:

Iīm glad that you opened this topic, Hinckley!
I already saw it in the contest thread and I have to say itīs one of the best town models I have ever seen.

[snip]

btw: What is the worker with the red hands doing? He didnīt get his fingers in one of the machines, did he?   You know I canīt stand to see blood...
PLEASE sell it! And reserve one for me...

Wow! Thanks Holodoc! I'm glad your friends at work like it too. :-D As for the bloddy-handed man, those are supposed to be work gloves. In retrospect, blood red was a poor choice :-D I suppose they could be steam blisters. I would love to build some copies to sell, but the green windows and garage door make it near impossible...Thanks again.

View PostSirNadroj, on Oct 17 2007, 06:49 AM, said:

Hinckley, I really love this!    The brick colour choice (brown and rown, right? ) is excellent and the minifigures are great! The decals are cool and I love the style where no stud can be seen, is there a name for covering everything in tiles for a realistic effect? Anyways, superb job!

Thanks! and FROWN!! >:-(

:-P

View PostVader, on Oct 17 2007, 07:16 AM, said:

Great moc, though i do have a problem with it.... There dosen't appear to be any drunken Admins outside

They are passed out in the alley by the dumpsters... :-P Thanks Vader!

View PostSinner, on Oct 17 2007, 08:43 AM, said:

Fishing for attention, are we? Well I can't talk as I have done similar things in the past!  However, a MOC this good really can't be missed.  I'm still stunned by how beautiful this is. Additionally, it has some very smart part usage, especially what you have done to make the loading bay. If that wasn't enough, you then added the cool exterior details like the billboard!

Awww, thanks buddy! :-$ Of course I need attention. You know me. No one loves me more than me!! X-D ... :-/ ... 8-| ...  :'-( anyway...

The fermenting system looks suitably complicated, although you really need more ageing vats!

Oh blow it out your thruster, artificial gravity man! :-P

Oddly, your photos seem to be missing a few details. I would love to see the internal connection with the fire escape.... or isn't there one? I can see in one photo...
...the middle level off to the right and I can just see the door there, but nothing seems to be in front of it... Did you end up integrating this MOC into your town? Being raised will create more that a few problems, although it would work well near a wharf. (Maybe I should make something similar! )

I'm so busted...there is a serious design flaw with the lift that I haven't fixed yet. The fire escape is for the lift operator only...there is no second floor in the back of the building. however... when the second story is on, the lift doesn't go all the way up to the fermentor because the ceiling stops it. :-$ Thanks for asking. |-/ I do plan to integrate this into my town, but right now am looking forward to a town overhaul anyway, so right now it's sitting next to my deli brownstone facing the wrong way...

Overall this is my favourite building MOC ever. Honest. The biggest reason why I think this design is great is because it should appeal to people who like the "traditional" building style as well as those who prefer the more recent "Cafe Corner" style. To me it seems so real, yet not over detailed. Looking at this makes me want to forget about "Cafe Corner" clones and start work on a "Hinckley Brewing Co." clone ASAP. Simply gorgeous.

:'-)

View Postdoug7172, on Oct 17 2007, 09:38 AM, said:

I love it! This awesome! You should post pics of your entire city!

*bangs head against a wall*

Aww, thanks Doug, maybe I'll do that some day...

View PostAsuka, on Oct 17 2007, 10:31 AM, said:

A marvelous MOC with a beautiful interior, very fine details like that fire exit and
that great The Whacker & The Walrus bill. Your loading area and truckīre also
very ingenious. Overall an astounding smart and clever work indeed, with a wonderful
color scheme and an extra portion of charm.  
Thereīs only one thing.... that grand smoothness of it makes me feel a little scary....
I donīt know why, usually Iīve no problems with sleek or SNOT MOCs, but here
itīs just a bit too much for me.

Thanks Asuka! But oh no! I didn't want to scare you. I'm sorry. :'-( Perhaps it looks too sleek for an industrial building? Is that it? I would imagine an old brewery in real life would have some crumbling cement on the cornices...hmm...that's an idea...

View PostStarwars4J, on Oct 17 2007, 11:33 AM, said:

I love this so much it's silly.  It just looks so real, and I love when sets look like they're not sets, but actually models.  This looks like I could go downtown and find it on a street.  I love the loading portion, the color schemes, even the inside

Great job.  The only thing I might possibly suggest is to make a "bricked in" window, you know what I mean?

I totally do know and I tried that, but I didn't like the result. It would have worked with 1 x 1 x 6 arches, but I didn't have enough...

Thanks for the kind words! :-$

View PostLord Of Pies, on Oct 17 2007, 03:24 PM, said:

This is a fantastic Moc, Hinckley! I was really outstanded when I first saw it.  
And the cool little details inside too! It makes me ashamed to even consider posting some of my mocs!
Anyway, this is perhaps the most vital ingredient in a town, never mind hospitals or Police stations, who needs them when you are completely drunk!

Thanks LOP and don't you dare be ashamed! You march yourself right to a camera and post an MOC right away or so help me I will come over and give you the whacking of a lifetime! Let my work inspire you to build not scare you away. Post an MOC here and I guarantee the members will be encouraging and help you grow as a builder! (I'd use an encouraging emoticon, but I'm sure I'm past my limit...)

View PostBrick Miner, on Oct 19 2007, 07:29 PM, said:

i've been meaning to leave some feedback here, hinckley.

i really like looking at this, because (as you probably know) im pretty interested with "industry building" right now.  and this has a real industry touch, as norro pointed out.  good exterior colors, and i love the rare green garage door links.

i also like the truck...  and might secretly like to borrow that front end configuration sometime   im getting slightly tired of all the flat noses of the official sets.

- BM

Please feel free to borrow from me anytime you please with my full blessing. I've gotten plenty creative energy and inspiration from your amazing creations, I'm happy to give back. :-$ I'm glad you like it...

View Postszww, on Oct 20 2007, 07:39 AM, said:

I have seen that already some time ago, and i still like to visit your web to watch pictures of that MOC,
it is just marvelous, i wish Lego made it as an official set

Hinckley, I have just one question, where did you get that green garage roller door panels WITHOUT handle from??
At Bricklink there is only a few with handel and non without

Thank you sir! Those are my babies. I love those things. I was fortunate to catch them on Bricklink. For a while one of the European parks must have been selling them in PAB or something because they had every color garage door. I paid around $30 I think, just for the garage door in this set...but I love the way it looks, so to me it was worth it!

Thanks again everybody for all the feedback. I like sharing these with you guys and hope to bring a few more before the end of the year!!

Posted Image Posted Image

#24 goggleson

goggleson

Member: 2113

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:26 AM

that just IS a lego set right there. solid  X-O  factor.
Lurker.

#25 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:06 AM

View PostHinckley, on Oct 22 2007, 06:55 PM, said:

I'm so busted...there is a serious design flaw with the lift that I haven't fixed yet.
:-P I suspected that. I still think it's great!  *wub*

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users