WickNole

[SoNE Freebuild] A Fine Delivery

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

It was one of these days when everything began as it normally does...

Wick was approaching the landing pad located in the middle of the cliff. This should have been a smugglers' place - as no other kind would have picked this place far from large cities and trade routes and placed a modular platform able to support only small ships. A mining company, for example, would have chosen much bigger and sturdier platform, and the military outpost would not be interested in a services of an individual proprietor like Wick. In addition, the portable tracking and guidance station was placed on a small ledge right above the cave entrance.

The cargo was, however, absolutely legal - some local food and supplies - Wick had made sure of that.

14608460419_902baa258f_m.jpg 14795118655_93e9695f25_m.jpg 14795123515_e5059dd5ec_m.jpg

There were first only a TC protocol droid and a Clatooinian tracking station operator visible upon descent, but once the engine has been stopped, three more humanoids as well as some machinery had appeared.

As the usual formalities had been dealt with, and the unloading process had started, Wick was invited inside.

14795125545_75078031fa_c.jpg

Something was, however, very strange here... for example, the platform itself: easily visible from above and built in a hurry without even any railings installed... and these boxes, which should have been kept inside... and the desire to discuss one more business thing right here on the spot.

14608613017_b5fb83121a_m.jpg

============================================================

Some extra pictures are on the Flickr album.

I would have this MOC judged.

Something was, however, very strange here... for example, the platform itself: easily visible from above and built in a hurry without even any railings installed...

That's not very unusual; there are never any safety railings in Star Wars. :tongue:

Nice job with the rockwork, the supporting equipment, and the presentation of the story. :thumbup: I do wish that the landing pad was a color other than white, because it makes it hard to distinguish the difference between the ship and the support vehicles and the pad itself.

Interesting ship-I like the twin cargo bays at the back!

As BrickDoctor said, it's a little too white, but other than that it's a very well done MOC!

Good luck on the SoNE judging!

Thenk you for the comments. The article was also interesting to read, however, i do remember the railings in "No, I am your father" scene. :)

The "white on white" is really an issue here. Have to practice more, both in MOCing and photography. I've totally forgotten about the SNoT possibilities... as i am writing this message the bunch of ideas are coming to my mind.

Oh well...there 's still MOCs to be done to tell the story. :)

Edited by WickNole

Great build! I like how big the landing platform is. It's just the right size for your ship, but sometimes that's hard to do in Lego :tongue: I like your rock-work and your un-loading vehicles. The white-on-white has already been mentioned but everything else is amazing!

Nice build.

There is something that bothers me. I didn't post it on your first build, but since you used the same vehicle, I'll say it.

I really hate mind controlled vehicle! You know, the one you can drive while laying down in the cockpit, without any control panel or steering wheel or things like that... :sceptic:

Understood. Argeed.

Certainly shall modify the cockpit.

Should have added: don't take it personnaly. There are a lot of these mind controlled vehicle these days, especially in the small starfighter contest :look:

Should have added: don't take it personnaly. There are a lot of these mind controlled vehicle these days, especially in the small starfighter contest :look:

:) No problem.

In my case the modification is pretty straightforward: two 1*2 slopes are to be replaced with the pieces with prints.

Edited by WickNole

Another nice build, though too white ;) I too think that a SNOTed platform would look better and also thicker. I think that just two plates look a little fragile. I really like the fact you're using two same hoovers with different accessories - the ladder and the crane. It's just like at the airports ... Another thing I'd suggest is that you don't use exactly the same minifigures. I don't know are those rebels or pirates but they look funny in pairs, like having two different uniforms. If using the same uniforms switch the heads or at least the headgear, if using the same species, switch their clothing. It'd look more natural.

And the next great MOC from you!

Really nice and the story is great too!!

Good luck rebell :classic:

markus

That only prove that Ewoks are better builders than the imperials! I'm pretty sure they fire more accurately too :look:

On the contrary, it illustrates how much less competent Ewoks are - we Imperials don't need railings! :grin:

On the contrary, it illustrates how much less competent Ewoks are - we Imperials don't need railings! :grin:

Yep, we all know that the Emperor cares 100% about our welfare, why else would he authorise tiny walkways across kilometre deep chasms without handrails if he thought we would fall off?