Sign in to follow this  
brickmasterben11

Retiring Ninjago sets

Don't know if this is the right forum, but does anyone know if the Ninjago Airjitzu flyers will be retiring to make room for the summer wave of sets? I want to know whether to go ahead and get the rest of the Airjitzu flyers or if i am able to wait till another time.

They'll probably be around until the Christmas season online, but they seem to be phasing them out in physical retail stores.

Can someone who is Expert with Airjitzu series sets tell me which sets will be a great fit snd matches the set 70751 Temple of Airjitzu?

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Can someone who is Expert with Airjitzu series sets tell me which sets will be a great fit snd matches the set 70751 Temple of Airjitzu?

Despite the Temple of Airjitzu's name, the actual Airjitzu spinner sets generally don't have any sort of natural integration with it. The only actual "Airjitzu" set that I think would complement the Temple of Airjitzu particularly well is Airjitzu Battle Grounds, which should be coming out later this year. While that set's emphasis is on playability (unlike the D2C Temple of Airjitzu), its design is similar to the Temple of Airjitzu with more traditional Japanese architectural design, two ninja statues, and the ghost of Sensei Yang (who the statue in the Temple of Airjitzu set depicts). And since that set is yet to be released, it most likely will be available for some time.

If you're interested in other non-Airjitzu sets that might complement the Temple of Airjitzu relatively well, my top recommendations would be Master Wu Dragon (a great dragon set with a small tea farm and a haunted food cart), and maybe Attack of the Morro Dragon (another dragon set, featuring a small temple/tomb) or Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty (a slightly less traditional set, but still a decent complement to the Temple of Airjitzu, with a small ghost dragon and a very nice Japanese-inspired ship).

I think the Airjitzu line will last for a little while longer after the Tournament of Elements sets retire.

If you want to collect them though, you should soon. The Airjitzu sets did not do that well and not many more are coming.

If you want to collect all the flyers though, I also recommend getting the Airjitzu Battle grounds, as there are flyers in that set.

Despite the Temple of Airjitzu's name, the actual Airjitzu spinner sets generally don't have any sort of natural integration with it. The only actual "Airjitzu" set that I think would complement the Temple of Airjitzu particularly well is Airjitzu Battle Grounds, which should be coming out later this year. While that set's emphasis is on playability (unlike the D2C Temple of Airjitzu), its design is similar to the Temple of Airjitzu with more traditional Japanese architectural design, two ninja statues, and the ghost of Sensei Yang (who the statue in the Temple of Airjitzu set depicts). And since that set is yet to be released, it most likely will be available for some time.

If you're interested in other non-Airjitzu sets that might complement the Temple of Airjitzu relatively well, my top recommendations would be Master Wu Dragon (a great dragon set with a small tea farm and a haunted food cart), and maybe Attack of the Morro Dragon (another dragon set, featuring a small temple/tomb) or Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty (a slightly less traditional set, but still a decent complement to the Temple of Airjitzu, with a small ghost dragon and a very nice Japanese-inspired ship).

Thank you very much!