Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

High-resolution set images (click to see larger images) thanks to GRogall.

9461 Swamp Creature

b_9461_box_side_800.jpg

c_9461_detail_1_800.jpg

d_9461_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9461_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9461_detail_4_800.jpg

9462 Mummy

b_9462_box_side_800.jpg

d_9462_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9462_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9462_detail_4_800.jpg

9463 Werewolf

b_9463_box_side_800.jpg

d_9463_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9463_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9463_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9463_detail_5_800.jpg

h_9463_detail_6_800.jpg

9464 Vampire Hearse

b_9464_box_side_800.jpg

d_9464_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9464_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9464_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9464_detail_5_800.jpg

9465 The Zombies

b_9465_box_side_800.jpg

c_9465_detail_1_800.jpg

d_9465_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9465_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9465_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9465_detail_5_800.jpg

h_9465_detail_6_800.jpg

9466 Mad Professor and His Monster "Frankenstein"

b_9466_box_side_800.jpg

d_9466_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9466_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9466_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9466_detail_5_800.jpg

9467 Ghost Train

b_9467_box_side_800.jpg

d_9467_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9467_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9467_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9467_detail_5_800.jpg

9468 Vampire Castle

b_9468_box_side_800.jpg

d_9468_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9468_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9468_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9468_detail_5_800.jpg

h_9468_detail_6_800.jpg

30201 Glow in the dark (Ghost) polybag

p_30201_polybag_ghost.jpg

Images from London ToyFair 2012:

monster_fighters.jpg2012Lego03.JPG

In the LotR rumour thread in the Licensed Themes forum, Mirandir said this:

You're forgetting Friends and NinjaGo both of which will get big releases (more than 20 sets each!) next year. There's also another action theme in summer/fall.

So even if there isn't that many non-licensed themes we'll get a substantial amount of non-licensed sets

The second sentence drew my eye. Mirandir hasn't been wrong yet, so it appears that there will be another new them next summer! Cant wait. :wub_drool:

Any thoughts, ideas, confirmation from Mirandir perhaps? :grin_wub:

There is usually a surprise or two waiting for us in the Summer. I think it's definitely possible. Still, this thread might be a little premature seeing as we have no idea what the heck it could be yet.

In the LotR rumour thread in the Licensed Themes forum, Mirandir said this:

The second sentence drew my eye. Mirandir hasn't been wrong yet, so it appears that there will be another new them next summer! Cant wait. :wub_drool:

Any thoughts, ideas, confirmation from Mirandir perhaps? :grin_wub:

Hard to add much to this discussion, since we don't know anything about what said theme will be other than "another action theme". And seeing as "action theme" is one of the most vague descriptors used on Eurobricks, I really have no idea what to expect. My best guess would be a semi-historical action theme like Pharaoh's Quest or a non-story-dependent theme like World Racers. I can't see them adding another story-heavy action theme with Ninjago occupying so much of their attention in the coming year, so the latter seems somewhat more likely. But even then, that hardly narrows it down.

Personally, I'm hoping that it will fill in the gap left by Alien Conquest. As a Space collector I'm already starting to miss non-Star Wars sci-fi. But at this point, anything is possible.

Hard to add much to this discussion, since we don't know anything about what said theme will be other than "another action theme". And seeing as "action theme" is one of the most vague descriptors used on Eurobricks, I really have no idea what to expect. My best guess would be a semi-historical action theme like Pharaoh's Quest or a non-story-dependent theme like World Racers. I can't see them adding another story-heavy action theme with Ninjago occupying so much of their attention in the coming year, so the latter seems somewhat more likely. But even then, that hardly narrows it down.

Unless it is just 'new' as in being a continuation of PQ? That could account for it, though I agree on the Ninjago front. It also would make the fans of PQ happy, as they have been wanting a new theme for the characters of PQ for a while. I agree with ALgernon though, this thread may be a bit premature as there is no news, at least not yet. I'm hoping Mirandir will at least tell us something about it, or some random Google search or suchlike will turn up some news. :sceptic:

Er, new theme....isn't that 'Dino' ? :hmpf:

Perhaps, you are right.....and we don't really know what's in the second half......'Dino' might only be a 6 six release...like PQ and WR. :wink:

Don't really know much about this theme beside it's name and that it's a small release. Kind of like Pharaos Quest and Alien Conquest from this year. I don't think that it's a continuation of a theme from this year and it's not a revisit of an old theme. It's not a license theme either as it's nothing I've ever heard of and google doesn't bring up anything that lego would even consider taking in as a license so it must be an action theme.

And I'm not going to say anything more than that (But I've probably said to much already) since Lego realy hated me the last time...

And I'm not going to say anything more than that (But I've probably said to much already) since Lego realy hated me the last time...

We understand. Imagine how much TLG hates Grogall and kriskelvin though. :tongue:

We'll find pictures eventually, and then TLG won't be able to do anything about it! Muahahaha! :devil_laugh:

Rumor has it according to the Lego Talk blog, it's going to be Monster Fighters. This is the same blog that, I believe, reported early on the rumor of Lord of the Rings, which has yet to be confirmed.

Rumor has it according to the Lego Talk blog, it's going to be Monster Fighters. This is the same blog that, I believe, reported early on the rumor of Lord of the Rings, which has yet to be confirmed.

Unfortunately, same aforementioned blog only mentioned a LotR video game in the works, no real confirmation. The blog has been confirmde right, though, but in a different way. There is a LotR video games in the works, but it is not LEGO. If the rumour of the Monster Fighter theme is right, anyone else think it will be a continuation of Heroica? :sweet: That would be one of the best themes EVER! :cry_happy:

I can also heard something about it. It will be small release, much like World racers or agents 2,0 and if I remember correctly it will not be something to remember (as I also did not remember almost nothing from it :cry_happy:).

It will not be greeks though (I would remember THAT). I guess that we will all have to wait until Nurnberg Toy Fair in February, when usually some pics leak out to public.

Monster fighters, eh? I hope it isn't as lame and <insert that tiresome argument> as ninjago, It might just bring me back into lego. It'd be cool if it were done like futuristic pit fights with horrible beasts or people controlling the beasts like vehicles. I doubt it'll be as I'm imagining it, but I hope it's cool. Or some monster themed minifigures at least.

I'm expecting this theme to be similar to Ghostbusters - a team of heroes battle/capture various monsters; things like werewolves or vampires...things of that nature.

I'm expecting this theme to be similar to Ghostbusters - a team of heroes battle/capture various monsters; things like werewolves or vampires...things of that nature.

Oooh... Supernatural in LEGO form. I'd buy that.

Kind of like Pharaos Quest and Alien Conquest from this year. I don't think that it's a continuation of a theme from this year and it's not a revisit of an old theme.

Based on this and the "Monster Fighter" rumour, it'll probably be a generic adventure thing where the characters look for monsters.

Seems plausible because there's a slight trend between Collectible Minifigs and new themes. Hopefully we'll get some nice figures, anyway.

Wasn't that a rumor started by some vandal on Brickipedia?

Unless it's similar to the old Vikings theme, with each set having a large monster and minifigs to fight it. If that would happen, though, I doubt that the vehicles, if there are any, would be as large as the Vikings theme. Still crossing my fingers for a Heroica System theme, though.

Monster Fighter, eh ? Let me guess a van with four teenager's and their dog right ? :laugh:

We seem to short term action themes now instead of three or four release runs....well, since Atlantis.....WR, PQ and AC are just one release....6 months worth. :wink:

With then Ninjago as a long running theme and anything else 6 month at a time. :wink:

Personally, I'm hoping that it will fill in the gap left by Alien Conquest. As a Space collector I'm already starting to miss non-Star Wars sci-fi. But at this point, anything is possible.

Me, I would much rather see more Alien Conquest sets than something new.

I bought every AC set and would probably buy every 2012 set they release.

Ohhhh.... that's much better than my idea, I'd totally buy that. I just hope they have cool uniforms like ghostbusters and it revolves more around a paranormal aspect instead of sci-fi. That would possibly be the greatest theme ever.... But I'f probably setting my expectations too high....

My first reaction to monster fighter is a team of humans fighting godzilla like giant monsters.

But I have a good chance of been right that the theme will involve a team of humans fighting brick-built monsters.

I had been kicking an idea around in my head kind of like this, where the heroes go around to villages being terrorized by monsters and capture it. It seems LEGO used their mind reading probes to steal my ideas. :sarcasm_smug: